Political Opinion

are you sure I really called you a liar

If I did, have you ever accused me of lying?

It seems pretty cut and dry to me

Yes, I pointed out you lying about me lying

and nothing has changed

And i stand by what i said about you 1000% so quit crying

I would expect nothing less,

You have a good day

The idea was appealing to me, but I decided against it, Dennis. Enjoy your day before things get worse.

I just watch this fascinating interview by Jimmy Dore with world-renowned Psychologist Mattias Desmet

This really explains the crazy reaction of people and how facts and critical thinking have become the enemy of so many. I hope everyone takes the time to watch this.

Enjoy and have a great Sunday

1 Like

This describe how Many people refuse to answer certain questions about their leader or party and continue to blame one side for everything

If the person is aware of the facts and chooses to intentionally disregard them, this is described as willful ignorance: Willful ignorance is the state and practice of ignoring any sensory input that appears to contradict oneā€™s inner model of reality.

Whom do we blame more, the willfully ignorant or the self-deceived?

Hey @SmallPaulā€¦This absolute addiction you have for what Trump did, Trumpā€™s doing and what Trumpā€™s going to do is a sicknessā€¦ You are utterly obsessedā€¦

Your posts are boringā€¦ Never ending Trump this and Tucker thatā€¦ Itā€™s never ending post after post after postā€¦ After postā€¦

Donald Trump is not in Governmentā€¦ Tucker Carlson is only a Journalist / News Anchorā€¦ Both of whom have no control over anything to do with US Government Policyā€¦

How about discussing real world events or current Politics that is really importantā€¦ The Ukraine War, the US Banking crisis, Debt Ceiling Crisis, the looming recession, cost of living, homelessness, the demonetization of the US dollarā€¦

Discussion and debate worthy important items that are affecting real peopleā€¦

1 Like

It shouldnā€™t matter how you feel about what I post when you can post on any topic you like; whoā€™s in office doesnā€™t always have to be the topic if a politician is in the news now or in the past.

You can address the topic content or create your own

An interesting occurrence in the week past regarding news media.

The Irish Times, on itā€™s online section, ran an oped titled ā€˜Irish womenā€™s obsession with fake tan is problematicā€™

The Times reports that the author purported to be a young immigrant woman in Ireland Over the course of a few days the paper interacted with this author agreeing edits etc - an image and the article was duly published online.

Then a suspicion arose that the supposed author was not human, that the entire article, image and interaction was with AI

The newspaper immediately pulled the article and issued an apology.

Their statement concluded with .It has also underlined one of the challenges raised by generative AI for news organisations. We, like others, will learn and adapt.

2 Likes

This goes back to the video I posted earlier today, It is like a mass hypnotizes, they seem to be powerless to talk about anything else.

Did you see this one with TDS Bill Maher and him trying to bully Dr Phil into his thinking, Dr. Phil calmly rebukes him, Great stuff

1 Like

Newspaper apologies are a bit of a joke as they are only seen by a fraction of the people who saw and now believe the original article

Between chatGPT and Deepfake you can make anyone appear to say anything you want them to say.

1 Like

Bill Maher is a cigar smoker? Iā€™m going to have to rethink a lot of stuffā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s gonna get worse with A.I. This is just beginning phase

New AI voice-cloning tools ā€˜add fuelā€™ to misinformation fire

In a video from a Jan. 25 news report, President Joe Biden talks about tanks. But a doctored version of the video has amassed hundred of thousands of views this week on social media, making it appear he gave a speech that attacks transgender people.

Digital forensics experts say the video was created using a new generation of artificial intelligence tools, which allow anyone to quickly generate audio simulating a personā€™s voice with a few clicks of a button. And while the Biden clip on social media may have failed to fool most users this time, the clip shows how easy it now is for people to generate hateful and disinformation-filled ā€œdeepfakeā€ videos that could do real-world harm.

,New AI voice-cloning tools 'add fuel' to misinformation fire | AP News

Itā€™s always easy to tell when you touch a nerve with certain people; they want to silence you, cancel you, call you TDS, and obsess when they canā€™t defend their leaderā€™s lies because theyā€™re indefensible, enjoy your mothers day guys

Elon Musk, in an interview with Tucker Carlson, last month warned of the potential dangers to civilization associated with AI

He is correct and being an investor in this tech should be listened to.

1 Like

He knows this, and thatā€™s the scary thing about it.

His warning should not be taken lightly

EDIT: This type of technology in the wrong hands can cause great damage to the country

The champion for the right wing, Elon Musk, just hired a new CEO, Linda Yaccarino, and Twitter is in a tizzy. Whatā€™s the problem? Sheā€™s perfect for the role.

,https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1656748197308674048/retweets/with_comments

Good Monday morning, everyone

I guess the big news here in the US is the ongoing debt crisis brought on by our irresponsible congress spending money we do not have. Congress has basically three choices to resolve this crisis

1. They can continue to act irresponsibly and just raise the so-called debt ceiling that would allow them to continue to dump trillions of dollars of new debt into the economy, further devaluing our money and adding fuel to the already out-of-control inflation
  2. They can pretend to act somewhat responsible and cut some spending but still raise the debt limit
    or
  3. They can put their big boy pants on and stop spending money they donā€™t have

I see a 60% chance they will do #1 , and 40% chance they do #2 and a zero chance they will do #3

Basically, we are screwed!

1 Like

Itā€™s easier said than done, because both sides want to put their agendas into this debt ceiling bill. Too many people want to stroke their own egos instead of doing whatā€™s right for the nation.

Republicans wants limits on how much money Congress is allowed to spend next year. Could be a good idea

Republicans want higher defense spending

Democrats want more money for nondefense programs like health care, education and help for veterans. Understandable

But itā€™s the extra pork you donā€™t see in the media.