Political Opinion

I found this list of the top 10 American defense contractors, I did not expect to see this list contain 4 from big pharma. I wonder what new virus they a cooking up?

Don’t think the republicans will make those big cuts as some may think. if they hold the prior raise continue.

Biden signs vital $858 billion defense bill into law, nixing military’s Covid-19 vaccine mandate

resident Joe Biden on Friday signed the National Defense Authorization Act into law, a massive defense spending bill with provisions that will give service members a pay raise, fund support for Ukraine and Taiwan and rescind the US military’s Covid-19 vaccine mandate.

In a statement following the signing of the NDAA, Biden said the act “provides vital benefits and enhances access to justice for military personnel and their families, and includes critical authorities to support our country’s national defense, foreign affairs, and homeland security.”

The Senate voted last week to pass the massive NDAA with bipartisan support. It follows the House’s bipartisan approval of the legislation the week prior.

The defense bill outlines the policy agenda for the Department of Defense and the US military and authorizes spending in line with the Pentagon’s priorities. But it does not appropriate the funding itself. The legislation, which authorizes $817 billion specifically for the Department of Defense, will provide $45 billion more than Biden’s budget request earlier this year.

The increase for fiscal year 2023 is intended to address the effects of inflation and accelerate the implementation of the national defense strategy, according to the Senate Armed Services Committee. It authorizes $12.6 billion for the inflation impact on purchases, $3.8 billion for the impact on military construction projects and $2.5 billion for the impact on fuel purchases, according to a bill summary from the committee.

The NDAA includes provisions to strengthen air power and land warfare defense capabilities, as well as cybersecurity. And it shows Congress’ continued support for helping Ukraine repel Russia’s invasion, even though several Republican lawmakers have raised questions about the ongoing US aid. Additionally, the NDAA establishes a specific defense modernization program for Taiwan to deter aggression by China.

Among a series of provisions to support service members and their families, the funding will provide a 4.6% increase in military basic pay for service members – the largest in 20 years. The Department of Defense’s civilian workforce will get the same raise. It also bumps up service members’ housing allowance.

<https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/23/politics/biden-signs-ndaa/index.html

Yes, lets throw another 45 billion into an already blotted defense budget, and ignore the needs of the people

1 Like

Careful how you cut and paste… Joe should be a resident of the nearest aged care facility…

@SmallPaul You’re no longer amusing me… I’m off…

Feel free to continue discussing Mental Capabilities with yourself… I can guarantee you’ll get all the right answers you want… :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Who would have guessed… Pfizer right up there just below the manufacturer of the F16… Mainly used by the Saudi and a few other middle eastern nations…

And Northrop Grumman… Suppliers of high end radar and tracking equipment for use in ground to air missile systems, Drones and the B2 Bomber…

2 Likes

The sad thing is biden is not the worst, here is one of the democrats leading senators

God help us

1 Like

I Already told you about joe, but you’re so choked with hate for me that you’re unable to focus

SDS- Smallpaul derangement syndrome

Dennis 5.16
“Treat others the way you would have them treat you. if you spread hate you will receive hate in return, spread love and understanding and you might find friendships in those you see as your enemy”

1 Like

what are the main focus point for the Republicans, these type of cuts is not that bad but then again you have to read their proposal

Raise the debt limit

The plan would lift the debt limit by $1.5 trillion or until March 31, 2024, whichever comes first.

Cap budget increases

Impose work requirements for federal aid

Rescind IRS funding

Recoup unspent pandemic relief funds

Unwind Biden’s student loan forgiveness program

Repeal provisions of the Inflation Reduction Act

Implement Republicans’ signature energy bill

Called the “Limit, Save, Grow Act,” the 320-page proposal would lift the debt limit by $1.5 trillion or until the end of March 2024. The measure, introduced by House Budget Committee Chairman Jodey Arrington, a Texas Republican, also details cuts in federal spending to the tune of $4.5 trillion, according to McCarthy.

I guess I have just become a Hippie in my old age

Pease man

1 Like

If loan forgiveness is a good idea, why not just forgive everyone’s Mortgage? I am on board with that

I am still waiting for someone to explain how spending more money will reduce inflation. They might as well call it the “Gravity Reduction Act” as this bill will accomplish the reduction of neither

So they are not really trying to cut spending as the media is saying, but only reduce the increase.

As I have said before, voting Democrats is like jumping off a cliff into a river of crocodiles, voting for Republicans is like rolling down a grassy hill into that river of crocodiles. In the end, we are all dead, it will just take a little longer under the Republicans

1 Like

Dennis, you assume that I am against these cuts because I said what is the essence of these cuts, the title sounds good, but every word of these cuts must be read.

As far as voting for any party will always be up for debate and opinionated

Yeah - tedious isn’t he ?

1 Like

This mob mentality doesn’t phase me, when you and others need support and you call yourself manly.

So much for love and understanding, you get back what you sow

This is why i said the proposal needs to be read, you have Shalanda Young, director of the Office of Management claiming that the GOP bill doesn’t include a line-by-line breakdown of exactly how cuts would be implement, as i stated the headline looks good on these cuts but what is the breakdown on these cuts

Just like when Obama care was passed, now details on how it would work, Remember this statement by Pelosi

1 Like

Yes I remember, The GOP publishes their proposal for all to see, we shall see the final details once the bill is pass and if they add more details to it

“I Already told you about Joe…” It was a good humoured jab… The chunk of text you cut and past you missed the P off President… resident… Calm down and go and have a look

@SmallPaul “Choked with hate…” How do you come up with this stuff…? I don’t hate you… I don’t know anything about you accept your political sway…

You have you’re opinion on current world events… And I have mine… We are just debating our view of the world from two different continents and opposing vantage points…

2 Likes

Are you still stuck on that? I moved on. Enjoy the rest of your day.

EDIT: In the end, we both get to see another day, and yes, sometimes things can get heated. :v: