Political Opinion

what ever you want, that doesn’t stop a person from posting about said person and being attack, trying to silence some one because of your love fest for that person doesn’t work

There are many versions of TDS where DS means something else

you are confuse to think i was talking about that post

“silence someone” Are you kidding me, you post more often on this thread than everyone else combined. As far as your love affair with the former president, we just wish you two would get a room.

Then unconfuse me, what post are you talking about?

dennis your position has always been about what the left is doing is wrong.

A great short video, and a very accurate

The rejection of the political elite

great video, we shall see how things unfolds in the future

1 Like

get a room or not, at the end of the day, I will stand by my TDS position regarding you guys as you will stand by yours regarding me.

Again, I asked the question " Where has the anti-war left gone" How is that about the left doing wrong

Let’s make this simple, here is the US national debt at nearly 32 trillion

what party wants a bigger debt limit ?

1 Like

Dennis, that particuar post was not about what the left is doing wrong.

Have either party fix that issue, when both parties knew one day the deficit would get out of hand

let me make it even easier for you, what party has passed a bill that would put limits on the growth of this debt

1 Like

Republicans, there was warning signs before this deficit crisis, just happen to reach it’s peak at this moment

Thank you for an honest answer, so in the face of this crisis, it was Democrats who wanted to keep spending, and Republicans wanting some limits

look at this number, this is insane, and the number one reason we have run-a-way inflation, what good is the Fed raising interest rates if the government is dumping 1.4 trillion dollars of money printed out of thin air into the economy

1 Like

Certainly, some would ask why they didn’t take these extreme measures before the crisis arose, it like adding to the crisis and once it get out of hand it times to do something. political grandstanding. as you say congress controls the money

Congress is aware of all the reckless spending and specific project/pork in every debt ceiling bill but they continue to approve it year after year, adding to the deficit in the knowledge that it would eventually reach its peak.

Similar to the height of the financial crisis in 2007–2008, the majority of banks contributed, but they began to assign blame to each other.

I have never seen congress take action on anything unless it was a crisis

The next sh-t show will take place in the fall when the next year’s budget must be past. And here is exactly how it will go down.

1.Republican control house will pass a bill with some modest cost reductions,
2. democrat control Senate and White House will reject that budget. You will here the term “Dead on Arrival “ used a lot
3. Republican House will request a budget summit with the president to work out differences, the president will reject any summit causing a partial government shutdown and furlough of non essential government employees
4. Sometime in December, but before Christmas a after midnight deal will be reached. Both sides will declare victory and the budget deficit will continue to rise

It is all elementary Watson

2 Likes

the same crisis they help create and right back to the blame game

next time a party blames the other party, look them in the eye and ask them, what have you done to address the problems besides complaining

In just a few days the US deficit will cross the 1 trillion mark for the year with still 4 months to go in this Fiscal year. It is just a matter of time before this debt takes down the whole economy and the country. Think of it like the Titanic, and the first people are starting to get into life boats, there is not enough life boats for everyone and we all know who will be at the front of the line and it will not be any of us

God help us

1 Like

Not sure @Dennis3450 That figure - assuming a US pop of 800 million is only $4000 for every man woman, child and undecided of your inhabitants !

In honesty when Tuition fee debts are c $60,000 and house prices c 500,000 then “Never never debts” for cars and other HP debts of what c$10,000 and credit card debts of a similar scale - that headline figure just seems way, way too low - especially when you factor in unfunded debts for parasitic “Govt employees” and “Welfare Payments” !

Can you clarify please when you quote “National Debt” - what exactly are you counting as making up this debt ? - as I say - it seems WAY too low !

You are correct, this is only the US federal government debt. If you added all US debt from all sources ( state, city, personal, corporations…) and that number probably triples.

The US does not really have money, we have debt notes, and all money in the US is just debt

It is a mess, and cannot continue forever, the best we can do at this point is just slow down the growth of debt and keep this Ponzi scheme going for a few more decades if we are lucky

I see no good ending

1 Like