Political Opinion

Falstaff, here is a short video from one of your countrymen, I know nothing about her, but love what she has to say

1 Like

Does that mean it is just the total of issued Bonds ? - ie direct and liquidated debt instruments ?

1 Like

That is how the Federal Reserve adds money to the economy , they sell bounds, so far there is always a buyer, what happens when there is no one to buy those bonds, that is something I hope not to live to see

1 Like

True - Breshmenov spoke of the same long march as he addressed Russia’s attack on the West in the '80’s and we know it started with the Frankfurt School who were expelled from Gernany in the early 20th century and moved into the US Universities.

One hopeful sign is that many Young Men are no longer going to University and some of teh more sensible women are giving it a miss as well !

I’ve seen Malanie Philips before but don’t remember much about her.

1 Like

There is some truth in that - Basically all forms of money issued by “Civilised” societies go the same way - through devaluation and debasement of teh currency - That is one of teh reasons “Bitcoin” became so popular - limited in total amount and no debt funded issuance. - That is why Govts are so all-fired up on “Jumping on the bandwagon” and issuing their own Pseudo versions - but tainted with ideology and “Control” - and that is why they are all bound to fail.

A mate was telling me today that Nigeria has already done it and it ended in riots - because of course as a SUb-Sharan third world country - virtually nobody can access it ! (I have noyt fact-checked this - but the guy is usually on the right track)

When the Parasite is bigger than the dog - they BOTH have to die !

PS - The UK pound is no better - But if you want a real laugh - take a look at the Euro !

1 Like

I don’t know your view of it, but I have always thought getting out of the European Union was the best thing for the future of GB

I argued for leaving - long and hard - many of my posts are still on this site - unfortunately as Melanie Philips said in that “short” you posted, the “hierarchy” and those who regard themslves as “superior” - still behave as though we were still in it !

But back to your point about “National Debt” - the whole problem stems basically from what those on the site regard as “Democracy” - which never lasts more than about 200 years because it takes about that long for those with an entitled frame of mind to realise that they can just vote for the party which promises them tha most “Free-Stuff” - which the few left in productive work are expected to allow them to steal the funding off !

Then those who are simply expected to “Pay up” - logically say :

"Who is John Galt" - Make your own damn houses/ electricity/ cars/ roads - Grow your own Damn food - I’m goin’ fishin ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Then you get massive Govt Debt - with no hope of ever paying it back and now - little hope of even paying the “Interest / Rollover Costs.”

“It will End” - with the demise of “Western Civilisation” ! - may take some time - Fancy popcorn ?

1 Like

A few years old - but a little more evidence that despair is probably the correct emotion at the moment for right thinking people.

link is green writing

"Stefan Molyneux The Truth About America s Survival Demographics - YouTube

1 Like

Dennis-I’m pretty sure that we are WAY past that. As I understand it, the Fed has been buying our own bonds to fund the debt. That started years ago when the Fed needed to “stimulate” the economy by pumping money into the economy. That’s how we got the stock market going up all those years… That why you’ll hear them talk about the Fed “balance sheet”. I guess they carry their debt as a liability on their balance sheet.

2 Likes

Back in 2022

Fed’s Powell pumped trillions into the economy. Now, he may be the party killer.

Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell has won bipartisan praise for two years for helping to rescue the economy. Now, as he faces a Senate confirmation hearing for a new term, he has a hard message to deliver: The party’s ending.

With inflation surging at its highest rate in four decades, the Fed has begun to pull back on its extraordinary support for financial markets and is talking about raising interest rates much sooner than anyone expected. It’s a lightning-fast turnabout from just a few months ago when the central bank was still buying $120 billion in U.S. government debt every month to supercharge its efforts to keep borrowing costs low during the pandemic.

For his part, Powell argues that the central bank has positioned itself so that it can more easily react no matter how the economy develops, expressing confidence that the central bank would be able to remove some of its support without unduly denting the recovery.

“We’re actually in position now to take the steps that we’ll need to take in a thoughtful manner to address all of the issues, including that of too-high inflation,” he told reporters last month.

<Fed’s Powell pumped trillions into the economy. Now, he may be the party killer. - POLITICO

TGA drawdown. Have a read.

Stocks likely to take a hit in the not-so-distant future.

2 Likes

As you dig deeper, you realize how disburbing it is

That article is over 2 years old, any impact on the stock market occurred last year.

This is a dangerous game being played with our money, and regardless of what the Fed does at their end, congress will dump another 1.3 Trillion dollars of money printed out of thin air into our economy, this is inflationary and is killing the middle class, living standards in the US are declining as peoples money buys less.

dude, how would you deal with inflation?

2 Likes

After inflation, the next crisis I see affecting the quality of life here in the US is the growing shortage of Doctors. The baby boom generation contains over 40% of practicing doctors and by the end of this decade nearly all will be retired. New doctors are not being trained in large enough quantity to replace the retired doctors, this is a looming crisis that you never hear anyone from either party talk about.

Soon only the wealthy will have unlimited access to healthcare, for everyone else it will be ration and for some not available at all

1 Like

Hey Dennis. You’re correct. I posted the article to help us all understand the TGA and what could happen with a US Treasury debt/Tbills issuance.

Another article that maybe helps better explain what’s happening.

Powell seems to think millions of people need to lose jobs for inflation to come down. I don’t agree with that. But I’m not an economist.

1 Like

I would rate economist up there with witch doctors,

And if millions must lose their jobs why is only the private sector to bear this burden, how about all those nonessential government workers lose their jobs too

The government caused this mess but it is the people outside of government that will pay the price.

2 Likes

And when those millions do lose their jobs, will the government just offer enhanced unemployment benefits as they did for those effected by the government shutting down private business during the china virus crisis.

Talk about a dog chasing its tall

1 Like

As a result, there will be a bigger unemployment crisis, states will need more federal assistance, and so forth, from

Unemployment benefits

Welfare or temporary assistance for needy families (TANF

Food stamps

Housing help

Help with utility bills

Here is a link for anyone who has lost their job and needs assistance

<Government benefits | USAGov

1 Like

Reading this thread from the beginning just to see what people thought at the beginning, I have to say this guy knows what he’s talking about. :+1:

These numbers are so convoluted why even put them out, 400K lost jobs while the economy added 300K jobs. And if you were to ask for a list of those people occupying those 300K newly created jobs, there is no list, these numbers are just the results of a survey.

In the report they also say the US government added 50K jobs, knowing my government, this number I might actually believe, adding government jobs while at the same time trying to drive up private sector unemployment. This is why I say #1 enemy of the people is the US government

1 Like