Political Opinion

I don’t know if this guy cares, scaremongering or what, but the constant negativity from a person will not change the economy, but fear and panic will only make it worse. We have to stay calm and maybe the system will find a solution

As frightening as economic crises like recessions and hyperinflation can be, so too can natural disasters. Invoking any of these fears to manipulate people is called fear-mongering.

I don’t trust the guy, went thru previous post, you would think America is the worst country in the world, also i discover they was calling people TDS when the guy was in office ,Imagine being attacked if you tried to criticize a sitting president. I digress

1 Samuel 8

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

Three thousand years later and what has change?

Here is a story that really hits home, as a home owner in Florida, I know how hard it is to get insurance and if you can get insurance it could be half your mortgage payment. This is a real problem and not just in Florida. What is the answer? I am open to suggestions

As this is a problem in both blue and red states the issue is not who is the governor,

I’m with Citizens in Florida. My homeowners insurance is up 25% this year…(says the guy on a fixed income)

1 Like

My renewal hit 50%. Granted, home value has skyrocketed. but I can’t believe replacement costs are anywhere near that high. Ended up switching cars, camper and house to State Farm and saved on all but the camper.

1 Like

In Florida, FMV is capped at 3% a year, so that wasn’t it here.

1 Like

FL is a different beast.

1 Like

They can’t get any company to insure here. They come and go yearly.

1 Like

I can understand a company not wanting to insure homes along the coast but why pull out of the whole state, I have owned three different homes in the center of the state and have never filed a claim. There needs to be an answer but no one wants to step forward and fix it, easier just to blame the insurance companies

1 Like

NONE of the Auto Insurance company’s sell homeowners in the state. Someone proposed once if you are allowed to sell Auto in FL, you have to sell HO. Sounded like a game of chicken, with the insurance companies winning, of course.

1 Like

It is very frustrating to see all these ads from SF, AS, Progressive, and the lizard, talk about the savings you will get for bundling your Home and Auto, but in Florida, that is not an option

How about this, they can sell homeowners insurance that is exempt from hurricane damage, at least those of us away from the coast can get some protection, It would be kind of like a life insurance policy that will not pay should you die while sky diving.

1 Like

Who here believes in UF0’s , This story is making the rounds, Personally I think it is more likely this is a distraction, the US government has done this before, when someone is getting a little to close to the truth lets introduce Aliens into the conversation.

So I am not looking for Aliens but just what is our government trying to hide this time

Happy Hump Day Everyone

On a lonely hill in N. Ireland a young man stepped out from his Grandma’s house.
It was a dark night, no moon, winter - a lonely place, no houses, no sounds just the night sky and stillness.

Suddenly a huge whish of wind, almost knocked him over, something had just flown right over his head at huge speed - yet no engine sound - just the sound of wind - had to be a UFO he figured.

He figured 100% right - it was a UFO - it flew -, it was an object and in the early 90’s was unidentified.

Thing is that earlier. in daylight, the young man noticed military activity on a hill above his Grandma’s - wondered why and then dismissed the thought.

Almost 30 years later a headline:

REVEALED: Britain’s secret stealth helicopter & other exotic Westland projects

Then again ask how many planets are there in the Universe - the numbers are … well on the larger side of huge - then wonder that these numbers relate to the ‘known’ Universe - what lies beyond this 4 dimensional border?

2 Likes

Very, very interesting discussion uncovering what the US Government really knows about extraterrestrial phenomena… From an Area 51 whistleblower…

BTW… I’m back… From outer space… With a smile upon my face…

3 Likes

Welcome back, the sh-t hole world you left has only gotten Sh-tier. Outer space might be our only safe haven left, please take me with you next time

Beam me up

My money is on more government lies and deception

I think I will go listen to John Lennon’s Imagine

1 Like

Lennon is a legend, his imagining did not die with him.

Talk today of a 2nd shooter - changes nothing.

On the notion of aliens - interesting story on Fox yesterday - media sells what they call “human interest stories”

‘Crashed Las Vegas UFO’ witness ‘terrified’ by 8-foot creatures in his backyard: ‘100% not human’ | Fox News

1 Like

Good Monday morning everyone

Interest rates are on the rise here in the US, but three of the largest banks did not seem to have gotten the memo as they continue to pay pennies on our savings

Fortunately, we do have a free market and regional banks are paying in the 4% range

Lots of issues with the US banking system, but rest assured, the money of the wealthy is being well protected

3 Likes

Recently, I’ve heard a lot about the Apple card and the 4.15 APY it offers

It is important to consider all options, including non-traditional ones

<Apple Card - Apple

Ukraine’s “counteroffensive” turns in to a military blunder… Elite NATO-trained armored columns were smashed before even reaching the first Russian line of defense…

Many were shocked by how many Leopard 2 tanks were destroyed or abandoned. With little air cover, they became easy targets for enemy Ka-52 helicopters…

The Ukrainian General Staff will have to rethink how they plan on breaking through Russian fortifications.

Once again propaganda is coming thick and fast from both sides of the battle… Unfortunately, pics of destroyed NATO supplied armour and silence from the Ukrainian’s is worrying…

1 Like