Political Opinion

Yep - elected initially with a small majority which quickly became a huge hero worshipping majority.

That’s how extremism works - a little bit initially - just a few guys standing with arms aloft against a common evil - or bearded guys shouting with guns raised - both from the same stable of hate - no difference right or left .

2 Likes

I Agree, There are no boundaries to hate, whether it comes from the Left or the Right

Hatred is an intense emotion from anger, resentment, and hostility. It weakens you emotionally and can affect your body’s organs and natural processes. There is nothing good about hatred. It will only make your life more miserable and will cause harm to others.

This morning I was almost run over by a van driver who had switched lanes to avoid lights whilst I was crossing - I glared at him and ran - he gave me the finger.

Those 3 emotions ran thru my being - turned back to find him at the next lights but he was gone.

I was going to confront him, have an argument and probably won that - then again when the emotions of anger, resentment and hostility subsided - as i walked back i thought - exactly what would i have won.

Good post @SmallPaul

1 Like

It has happened to us all, I was so angry at one guy for ripping me off back in 2019, that I considered hiring a hit man, but I came to my senses

1 Like

Do you get upset about tax cuts or are you in favor on those?

Revenues actually go up to the government with tax cuts. Spending and excess regulations and open borders are what upset me.

1 Like

Right out of the novel 1984

We are being pitted against one another, how about we don’t fall prey to this, and work to find common ground

BINGO!

Personally I am a flat tax man, 10% seems reasonable and we are well above that.

Then comes a responsible government that lives within its means

Last stats I saw, a little over 50% of the population pays zero tax. Actually, with refundable tax credits, get money back for many of them. Are you saying EVERYONE pays 10%?

1 Like

That many people living in poverty shows how broken the system is, people are being paid to not work and if they try to work and better themselves the system will punish them

If you really want to get into a workable system that I fully support watch this video

Watched it. You got Mr Anal here, of course…
One point he said it was a $10K tax CREDIT, but in one example, he showed it as a 10K income deduction. Two different things or did I just misunderstand?

In this example the person with no income it would be a credit, while the person with income it would be a deduction, what I love about it is it encourages low or no income earners to go out make money and improve their position in life

So, it would do away with the Standard Deduction, I assume?

Yes, it would also do away with the welfare system, unemployment payments, and most every government subsidy

Got to go, later

Who’s Hilter??? Hitler… Strangely… Neither was Joe or Hunter until the Cone of Silence around them was lifted…

Well look at you… After having your ar$e handed to you in that other thread… Doing some actual research and digging deep to corroborate your narrative…

Two articles from over two years ago… Stories of (re: Extremist Nutters) ONE who was caught thinking about blowing stuff up… And one who assaulted a Security Guard and had no charges laid… Seriously… I’ve seen worse incidents on South Beach Tow

A beat up…? Literally and Definitely…

Yet no mention of your crime riddled Sanctuary Cities collapsing across the US… I could cut and paste pages and pages of the horrors of living in these Leftist Dystopia’s… I just cannot be bothered to go toe to toe with the Class A misinformed…

1 Like

Me, too Thanks for the info!

1 Like

We have a 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) on 99% of financial transactions in Australia… Back in 2000 when this was implemented. It worked well, nice and easy to understand…

Problem is now 20 years on Governments on both sides of the lean… Have added Stamp Duties and Excises, Land Taxes… So we are back to the ambiguity we had prior to 2000…

Example of the rort… Fuel has an Excise of $0.50 per Litre then the Government adds 10% GST to this… A Tax… On a Tax… That’s why everyday items like Fuel are $2.16 per Litre here as opposed to $1.09 per Litre ($3.71 Gallon) in the United States…

2 Likes

Back to U.S. Politics I see. Don’t you have other things to worry about in Australia

@Dennis3450 , @cigarmanstan While you guys are on the subject of Value Added Taxation alternatives,

Some thing to ponder.

To cover off in Inflation, Central Banks raise the official Interest Rate of money passed on to the Retail lenders in the hope of slowing down the borrowing, the spending to take the heat out of economies…

In Australia for example approximately 40% of privately owned homes have a mortgage (~64% in the US)… So raising the Interest rate across the board to say the largest sector of debt. Mortgage interest increases only capture’s roughly 53% of a Nations consumers…

Now I understand that Personal Loans, Credit Cards, Business lending is out there as well… But property generated debt is into the double digit Trillions…

If say in Australia, they lifted the GST to 12% until the inflation issue was brought back down to the 2-3% normalised level… You then have the slowing effect on 99% of your economy, across all consumers…

As it stands raising Interest rates on borrowers doesn’t have much of an affect on the rich or the poor… As usual with any Government stupidity it is the wide ranging middle class that picks up the gambler’s tab for the entire economy…

In a perfect world, once inflation has been brought back under control… Responsible Governments could return the GST/VAT rate to the original 10%…

Using a Broad Base Tax (GST/VAT etc) would be more effective than blowing economies up with crushing interest rate rises…

1 Like

There is not hate on my end, Unfortunately, hate is here to stay