Political Opinion

Yea, this makes no sense living elsewhere yet you can represent a state.

2 Likes

Regardless of age, how about someone who speaks for the people and not protector of the status quo, Supports term limits ( 70% democrat voters do) End the never ending wars, ( something democrat voters support)

I am pretty sure it is a crime to pull a fire alarm when there is no emergency, Will this congressmen face charges or will he invoke is “BLACK PRIVILEGE”

Good to see this man standing up for himself, if you wanna get rid of me, let’s do it now or forever hold your peace.

McCarthy to call vote Tuesday on effort to oust him and says he won’t cut a deal with Democrats

Let’s get on with it, McCarthy told his colleagues in a closed-door meeting, according to a Republican in the room granted anonymity to discuss it.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Speaker Kevin McCarthy plans to force a vote Tuesday on the far-right effort to oust him from his leadership position and insists he will not cut a deal with Democrats to remain in power, setting the stage for an extraordinary and unpredictable showdown on the House floor.

McCarthy to call vote Tuesday on effort to oust him and says he won't cut a deal with Democrats

So this is a criminal act, and as some have stated here " no one is above the law"

Let’s see if that holds true in this case

I doubt the law would punish him, Fire alarm pullers rarely get prosecuted

So you are giving him a pass, why does that not surprise me

Members of congress should be held to the highest of standards, and face the full consequences when they deliberately break the law.

Just my opinion

No pass here, he should be punish, just keeping it real when it comes to the law

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said the House Ethics Committee should look into the incident

Trump Civil Trial live stream.

Only for true fans wanting a boring view of security guards and court room doors.

1 Like

that would be a start, but a criminal act has been committed and charges should be filed by the DOJ

1 Like

That could happen, but I haven’t seen too many congressmen and women calling for that kind of action, Do you?

yes I know they don’t have to call for the DOJ to take action, but you talking about giving him a pass you have to look at congress because so far I havent read many of them talking about criminal actions

I think a US congressman should be held at least to the standards that these foolish teens were held too

1 Like

Yes he should, do you know if any of them receive jail time?

No clue, and I am not saying Bowman should get jail time, but at the very least a stiff fine and some community service seems to me to be fair, that is on the DOJ side of things, what sanctions he faces from congress is another subject, I am not sure if any member of congress has ever done anything so stupid so there may not be much to compare this too, but watching congress eat one of their own is always at least entertaining

1 Like

What’s your motive for the crime? Delay a vote that was being voted on to be delayed anyway in another building? Just for kicks?

Jail time for what he describes as an accident is over the top. Sure, fine him if you think he needs to feel the consequences of his mistake. If there’s a going rate within the city for when kid does it by accident or not, apply the same logic.

2 Likes

Apparently he might get 30 years in jail.

Ridiculous. The outrage is outrageous. There must be something brewing on the GOP side for them to go this heavy with the news cycle.

It’s all about optics.

2 Likes

I agree, holding a 45-year-old member of Congress to the same standards that we hold 16-year-olds,

Wait, have we really lowered the bar this low

I read the link and I can assure you he’s won’t do any years in prison, he might get 30 days but years, I don’t see that happening

1 Like

what standards

Federal Office Holders

The Constitution requires that members of the House and Senate fulfill three requirements:

• All members of the House must be at least 25 years old, and members of the Senate must be at least 30 years old.
  • Members of the House must have been a U.S. citizen for at least seven years, and members of the Senate must have been a U.S. citizen for at least nine years.
  • They have to be an “inhabitant” of the state “when elected.”

As a result, according to the Congressional Research Service, committing a crime cannot constitutionally disqualify someone from serving in Congress. And the state has no say in determining whether or not someone is qualified to serve in the House or Senate:

I mean we have Menendez corruption, Boebert theater shenanigans, and Santos fraud in the news cycle.

We’re far from any kind of standards.

1 Like