Political Opinion

I opened this and got sick to my stomach…I’d make a shtty general Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Umm, that’s a 60 minutes interview with madeline albright. The ***** even admits it.

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487454”]

Umm, that’s a 60 minutes interview with madeline albright. The ***** even admits it.[/QUOTE]

I’m not debating that the number of Iraqis that have died DURING the time of occupation has been large… But attributing a civilian number of casualties that is largely caused by sectarian violence to American combat collateral damage is ignorant.

So cutting off supplies and bombing their water treatment didn’t have anything to do with those apparently 500k children dying?

The Iraqis just started kiling kids?

When asked Albright admitted it and said she believes the price was worth it.

Would you agree that Iraq did not play a part in 9/11, and that they did not have any real weapons of mass destruction. I hated Saddam and his sons too. Even more, at the time I was very conservative, and in favor of the war. But I’m not sure that getting him out of power was worth the price that the innocent paid, and I’m not sure that we had the right to make the decision we did to invade, while most of the rest of the world was saying ‘wait a second.’

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487456”]

So cutting off supplies and bombing their water treatment didn’t have anything to do with those apparently 500k children dying?

The Iraqis just started kiling kids?

When asked Albright admitted it and said she believes the price was worth it.[/QUOTE]

shakes head lol at your numbers… A half million kids died now huh?

Huh? The numbers are from the interview.

10 years of sanctions before occupation?

[QUOTE=“konan;487461”]

10 years of sanctions before occupation?[/QUOTE]

Do you guys literally not know what direct combat collateral damage is?

I’m not talking about Iraqi government killing its civilians… Or sectarian violence here.

I don’t, but wigglez does!

Sanctions are part of war. Doesn’t matter if its direct combat or not, we killed those people. Doesn’t matter how we did it. We did it.

Mission accomplished!

I think by definition it’s something you can avoid totally if you’re not having direct combat. I know what the words mean, it’s just that there are other words that have come to mean more to me such as: children, mercy, human-life, understanding, co-existance, etc.

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487464”]

Sanctions are part of war. Doesn’t matter if its direct combat or not, we killed those people. Doesn’t matter how we did it. We did it.[/QUOTE]

So America is now responsible for all the North Koreans dying from hunger right now?

Wow, now you must be a true Christian, sir!

Sorry, I don’t know what’s going on with N Korea.

pfft, that’s just hippie talk :wink:

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487469”]

Sorry, I don’t know what’s going on with N Korea.[/QUOTE]

North Korea is under sanctions right now… So according to your view we are are responsible for their governments decisions that are leading to their citizens starving…

If we’re starving innocent people because their leader won’t cave in to our demands, then yes. That’s collateral damage. Go for the intended target. Starving the people only makes them hate you.

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487473”]

If we’re starving innocent people because their leader won’t cave in to our demands, then yes. That’s collateral damage. Go for the intended target. Starving the people only makes them hate you.[/QUOTE]

Lol facepalm … How old are you?