Political Opinion

Not talking about China here, I am pointing out the fact that North Korea exports food to China so its dictatorship can buy nice cars and live without limits while its people go hungry.

You do realise you’re talking out of your arse…

If you think the North Korean government is getting “picked on” by other nations, I question the level of brainwashing that you have undertaken.

Sorry I went off on my China tangent.

Like I said in an earlier post, I don’t know much about whats going on with N. Korea.

How do the sanctions hurt the leader of N. Korea? So then what are the sanctions accomplishing, if he doesn’t care about his people anyway? He’s still living the high life, no?

No it doesn’t hurt him, but in this particular situation North Korea has being sanctioned not because of human rights violations etc but because the leader is currently threatening to launch a nuclear missile at either the U.S, Japan or South Korea.

Since North Korea came into existence the world has been “donating” food, money etc to placate its leaders with most of the donations going towards the upper class and its army. The sanctions are harming the power base of the North Korean government which is it’s Army. The poorer classes will also feel the pinch but what other options are left??

Maybe not give in to an empty threat? Nuking anybody is essentially just signing a death wish.

There’s a reason North Korea doesn’t like us isn’t there? Maybe multiple reasons. It’s not like they through a dart at a world map and said “it landed on USA lets bomb them” maybe if we would butt out a little less we wouldn’t have the problem.

Has anyone heard anything about a china and Japan fight over those little islands to the south west of Japan? I’ve heard that its just as bad as the Middle East over Jerusalem.

Good idea! Somebody threatens nuclear war and its just business as usual. Like when a neighbour threatens to murder your family, you bake him a cake!! :smiley:

haha

That’s not the same at all. Somebody wipes out my whole family, not many people will be out for blood. Probably be arrested. Wipe out a vast amount of people, there will be blood. Like I said, it’s a death wish. Will bring a very big hammer down on somebody doing that kind of crap.

N. Korea threatens directly and indirectly to strike at the USA with their nuclear weapons ,but there is no talk of war…Iran swears they will use their nuclear program for peace but they are considered a real threat and the next target for invasion…That’s the world we live in…If only God blessed N. Korea with oil instead of fruit, we would have freed N.Korean people long ago…of their oil…

That’s what I don’t get. Iran said they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Why haven’t they done it? Something must be preventing from doing it. Same with N. Korea.

I think all it is, is a political **** measuring contest.

Self preservation…And they want to use the weapons as bargaining chips.

So empty threats and political **** measuring contests :wink:

Mental note - when somebody writes that they dont know about a country/topic of debate. Don’t respond to their comments.

Just don’t write it as an Everest note because Uncle Sam is gonna read that sht sooner or later!

What a relief - I thought that this thread had abandoned sensible comments!

Some of the most dishonest men in the world, and you guys pick and choose what you want to believe. Sound like some warmongers to me.

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487862”]

Some of the most dishonest men in the world, and you guys pick and choose what you want to believe. Sound like some warmongers to me.[/QUOTE]

And you sound like a pot head hippie who has no grasp on what is going on in the world outside of his Volkswagen bus.

If you find some comments “non-sensible”, You should point them out and voice why you think they are lacking sense…?

You don’t have to know much about a country to know when they’re just empty threats. If they really wanted to, why haven’t they. Israel is still there. South Korea is still kicking around. United States remains unscathed.

He was OK with Clint calling President a muslim-communist-Kenyan tho…Those were sensible comments in Simons world

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487869”]

You don’t have to know much about a country to know when they’re just empty threats. If they really wanted to, why haven’t they. Israel is still there. South Korea is still kicking around. United States remains unscathed.[/QUOTE]

South Korea has experienced serious cyber attacks affecting its electronic commerce, a military boat was torpedoed a few years back killing multiple sailors, North Korea fired an artillery barrage on a South Korean island causing casualties…

As for Israel, Iran directly funds Hezbollah which has been causing violence and unrest in that area for years… Last year over a thousand rockets were launched into Israel and Israel was very near to coming to another ground campaign into Palestine…

You don’t understand the knife edge that many of these areas are teetering on… Because you are ignorant of most of these issues, yet you still think your opinion should matter.