Political Opinion

I know they’re at war. I was referring to their threats of nuclear attack.

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487875”]

I know they’re at war. I was referring to their threats of nuclear attack.[/QUOTE]

All it takes is a few series of escalations to take these situations from minor skirmishes to all out war… Whereupon nuclear threats become mushroom clouds.

Nevada foreclosure rate is 1st in nation in April - Businessweek

Lets go back in time with actual news articles to prove why the above issue became a problem…
Fast-growing states: Arizona overtakes Nevada - Dec. 22, 2006

This article documents that Nevada was at one time the fastest growing state, and had just taken 2nd place. Everybody was going there for whatever reasons, but at the same time banks had been forced by gov’t into handing out loans pretty much to anybody who walked in the door, especially to people who would never pay them back. People were getting loans that they had no business getting, and the banks would never given if they hadn’t been forced by the gov’t. Now, as mentioned in the first article, look at who’s number one, again? Only it’s not for growth, it’s about foreclosures, which only happen when the buyer stops paying their mortgage bill. Where went personal responsibility?

God promised that land to the Jews…how hard is that?

Check out this link:
http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/fortune/invguide_realestate/4.html
and then compare it to this:
http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/fortune/invguide_realestate/2.html

Note the differences: The south has lower prices, but it’s because they are realistic, with steady growth…lots of brown, hardly any blue. The west has much higher prices, confirmation of a bubble, almost all blue areas, losing value.
The south is more conservative, while the west: liberal.

I hope this is a joke…

This had me laughing out loud in public this morning.

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;487980”]

I hope this is a joke…[/QUOTE]

Would you like me to quote the verse? God doesn’t make jokes he makes promises.

Are you Jewish? Cause if your not, recognising one religion’s gospel that is not your own while denouncing another religion makes you for want of a better word a hypocrite.

However, I am not disagreeing with Israel’s religious claims nor am I supporting them. However I wouldn’t belittle a complex debate about religious and historical land rights with a statement like

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;488019”]

Are you Jewish? Cause if your not, recognising one religion’s gospel that is not your own while denouncing another religion makes you for want of a better word a hypocrite.

However, I am not disagreeing with Israel’s religious claims nor am I supporting them. However I wouldn’t belittle a complex debate about religious and historical land rights with a statement like [/QUOTE]

People do call me a Jew a lot…

Why, are you intelligent, hard working and successful?

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;488028”]

Why, are you intelligent, hard working and successful?[/QUOTE]

Lol all true. But I think it’s cause I’m hard to make deals with and always making money.

Why would they use area denial weapons such as nukes on Israel?

Don’t the Muslims think they rightfully own Israel? So if they wanted to kick the Israelis out, it wouldn’t make much sense to nuke it, would it?

It would be like the Russians occupying New York City, so we decide to nuke it to get the Russians out. That would be very foolish.

Now, I’m not saying that the Jews have taken over Israel and are occupying the land, it’s an analogy, but you get the point. I happen to be partial to the Israelis, however I don’t think we should be giving them foreign aid… We shouldn’t be giving foreign aid to any country, especially since we are bankrupt.

Does that mean I hate Israel? No. I just don’t want them to be dependent on the United States. Dependency breeds weakness.

[QUOTE=“jollygreenfello;488030”]

Why would they use area denial weapons such as nukes on Israel?
[/QUOTE]

Oh lets say Hezbollah decides to launch another rocket barrage… Israel responds by a ground campaign… Hezbollah uses anti air missiles it received from Iran and takes down a few Israeli aircraft… Israel takes a precision strike against a shipment of these and perhaps even a strike within Iran… Iran mobilizes forces… Israel launches preemptive strikes on these… At this point Iran launches a barrage of conventional weapons against Israel… And calls upon neighboring countries… Once things get desperate, Israel launches the first nuke out of self preservation.

And then what?

Let me put it this way. It’s like Israel has something that the Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran want… It’s like Israel is dangling a brief case full of money over a bridge while in a face off with Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah. If they destroy Israel, the brief case full of money will be long gone.

There is a lot of talk, but not a lot of action, because if they screw up, it’s all gone.

And I have it on good authority that Israel will nuke every single Arab Capital and places like Mecca if they are pushed into the sea.

[QUOTE=“jollygreenfello;488090”]

And then what?
[/QUOTE]

What do you mean “and then what?”

I just answered your question of how and why a minor skirmish would escalate into a nuclear conflict in that region…

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;488099”]

What do you mean “and then what?”

I just answered your question of how and why a minor skirmish would escalate into a nuclear conflict in that region…[/QUOTE]

There have been many skirmishes between Israel, Hamas and Hezbollah They were just running air strikes on hamas, what… Like 4 months ago?

They had a fairly large battle in Lebanon, not long ago.

I don’t expect Iran to get involved, other than in an indirect fashion. And nuking Israel probably isn’t on the books for a while.

But honestly, I don’t really care at this point. Once interest rates go up, this whole illusion that we can have our military permanently stationed in multiple theaters will vanish along with all the foreign aid we are giving to Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Pakistan, etc.

Israel needs to get used to sticking it out alone because we won’t be capable of helping them.

Perhaps the Saudis, kuwait and the UAE will stay friendly with Israel since they all share a mutual hatred of Iran.

Was talking to a Jewish guy, a friend of mine from Haifa. I usually purposely avoid politics when I talk to the man . But this day he was going on and on about “the rats”…The rats were doing X and so he couldn’t do Y with his family, and so on…I asked him, why do you call Palestinians rats? "Well, everyone here calls them rats. He said. "They breed like rats and they would see all the Jews dead, even though we let them work here."
He’s a childhood friend of mine, I’ve known him since we were in kindergarten together, his family lived close to mine and we were real close friends for almost 15 years before they moved to Israel. So I said nothing to that ,but I was thinking it. I was thinking of the Nazi propaganda referring to Jews as the rats, and how my Jewish friend now adopted a mind-set of a standard Nazi sympathizer in the 1930’s Germany that needed his neighbors dehumanized before reporting them to the Gestapo.

The more history one learns , the less fate in the human kind can one have…So, it’s maybe good that you Americans know so little of the history of the world upon exiting your elementary and high schools ,for you seem much happier because of it.

Konan unfortunately many of your posts are wasted on a thread like this.

Eh, at least I killed some time while shorting yen :30: