Political Opinion

[QUOTE=“konan;488179”]Was talking to a Jewish guy, a friend of mine from Haifa. I usually purposely avoid politics when I talk to the man . But this day he was going on and on about “the rats”…The rats were doing X and so he couldn’t do Y with his family, and so on…I asked him, why do you call Palestinians rats? "Well, everyone here calls them rats. He said. "They breed like rats and they would see all the Jews dead, even though we let them work here."
He’s a childhood friend of mine, I’ve known him since we were in kindergarten together, his family lived close to mine and we were real close friends for almost 15 years before they moved to Israel. So I said nothing to that ,but I was thinking it. I was thinking of the Nazi propaganda referring to Jews as the rats, and how my Jewish friend now adopted a mind-set of a standard Nazi sympathizer in the 1930’s Germany that needed his neighbors dehumanized before reporting them to the Gestapo.

The more history one learns , the less fate in the human kind can one have…So, it’s maybe good that you Americans know so little of the history of the world upon exiting your elementary and high schools ,for you seem much happier because of it.[/QUOTE]

Were the Jews using suicide and car bombs to blow up innocent civilians in pre war Germany…? I guess my American history class forgot to mention that fact that would have given your comparison any validity at all…

Palestinian to Jewish death toll 8:1…Palestinian casualties mostly civilians while Israeli mostly soldiers…Countless refugees and countless, well I guess they count the number of new settlers…Who is killing who again? You confirm the numbers because I didn’t look into them carefully. And, we’ve been over this already when I compared the situation of the Palestinian people to the one of Native Americans. BTW, you didn’t get my post at all. Not surprising tho.

[QUOTE=“konan;488301”]
. BTW, you didn’t get my post at all. Not surprising tho.[/QUOTE]

Maybe try making your points clearer… I guess European schools don’t put much emphasis on writing classes :wink:

I think that konan’s point is that one would expect a little more sensativity from Isreal, given Jewish history, which I agree with. I can understand how Israel felt the need to take actions to protect itself, given the wars in the late sixties and early seventies. But I think most people feel like it’s time for Israel and the Palestinians to figure out how to coexists peacefully. The Israeli Palestinian conflict is one of the major issues that extrmist groups use to recruit. Imagine the effect to the region if that conflict which is mostly based on Palestine, and how to handle the city of Jerusalem, was resolved.

They did…

[QUOTE=“konan;488301”]

Palestinian to Jewish death toll 8:1…Palestinian casualties mostly civilians while Israeli mostly soldiers…Countless refugees and countless, well I guess they count the number of new settlers…Who is killing who again? You confirm the numbers because I didn’t look into them carefully. And, we’ve been over this already when I compared the situation of the Palestinian people to the one of Native Americans. BTW, you didn’t get my post at all. Not surprising tho.[/QUOTE]

Technically it was the Europeans killing the Jews by the millions not that long ago… If you guys hadn’t, they would be a whole lot more passive in their current policies.

You’re correct about most American’s currently graduating from indoctrination (oops, i mean public) school. I never stepped into a public school a day in my life, which I am very thankful\greatful for, because I was well educated in private school. I still can’t believe 70% graduate high school, and can’t even read…thank you teacher’s unions. But most of those argue using your point of view, Konan, not mine.

How about this for corruption?

Bloomberg Reporters Caught Spying on Goldman Sachs? | TheBlaze.com

[QUOTE=“pipcompounder;488314”]

I still can’t believe 70% graduate high school, and can’t even read…[/QUOTE]

I’m really hoping I am misunderstanding this… But did you just say 70% of our graduating seniors can’t read?

Technically it was the Europeans killing the Jews by the millions not that long ago.... If you guys hadn't, they would be a whole lot more passive in their current policies.

I would take the collective blame, even though my great grandad fought in the Partizans ( against Fascists). Still, History repeats itself here and the former victims now assume the role of the aggressor and the occupier.

[QUOTE=“konan;488321”]

I would take the collective blame, even though my great grandad fought in the Partizans ( against Fascists). Still, History repeats itself here and the former victims now assume the role of the aggressor and the occupier.[/QUOTE]

Well since you like justifying extremist Islamic actions by saying its merely a reaction to the situation they were put in by others… The Jews have the same argument… But at a much larger and bloody scale…low estimates for Jews killed by Europeans during the Holocaust is 5 million… And that’s probably low by a million or two.

How nice for you. What would be this (specific I assume) point of view I had again?

I’ve never justified the acts of terrorism, nor will I. I’m just very adamant about THE FACTS. The historic and the sociological facts. Jews DID NOT have to go to live in the now state of Israel after the war. Restitution’s were made and offered after 1945…

[QUOTE=“konan;488331”]

I’ve never justified the acts of terrorism, nor will I. I’m just very adamant about THE FACTS. The historic and the sociological facts.[/QUOTE]

Uh huh… So don’t ignore the facts of what Europe did to the Jews, especially when taking a critical stance of them… Essentially, the scars caused by that play a big role in what is happening in Israel currently.

I’m not saying I disagree with you on everything, but can we stop generalising about ‘Europe’ as if we all participates in all aspects of European history equally?

Who’s ignoring the facts of a genocide that’s indirectly causing another one on Palestinian people. Not me!

[QUOTE=“SimonTemplar;488335”]

I’m not saying I disagree with you on everything, but can we stop generalising about ‘Europe’ as if we all participates in all aspects of European history equally?[/QUOTE]

I was purposefully doing that to annoy Konan… :wink: he likes generalizing America so was returning the favor

[QUOTE=“konan;488336”]

Who’s ignoring the facts of a genocide that’s indirectly causing another one on Palestinian people. Not me![/QUOTE]

You weren’t mentioning it… Soooo

Let’s talk then about Britain refusing asylum to tens of thousands Jewish refugees circa 1938, shall we?! Let me just whip out ma Wikipedia, lol!

I never thought my stance on this was in question…