Political Opinion

Everyone paying their fair share, not just Bill Maher…It’s not a philosophy, it works just look at those numbers I posted earlier…No need to get angry either…

[QUOTE=“konan;488956”]

Everyone paying their fair share, not just Bill Maher…It’s not a philosophy, it works just look at those numbers I posted earlier…No need to get angry either…[/QUOTE]

I’m not mad lol. That’s just how I talk, actually I cuss a lot more. I try to keep it clean cause I’ve gotten a few infractions for it. But it slips. I just don’t think about it.

All good bro.

Why can’t he start it? Why can’t you? Or would you be on the receiving end?

I talked to a friend the other day that I haven’t seen in a couple years. He’s liberal. And we got to talking about this stuff.

I told him about my job and about how hard I worked (I averaged 63 hours a week for 2 years) and this isn’t a desk job. Well I bought a house, payed it off. Now rent it out and it now pays my payment on my new house. I told him about how I put a bunch of money back just to save and to invest.

He said “Jaren don’t you think you have enough”

I worked my butt off for this and if I want to work my butt off for 30 houses and then just collect rent money I should be able to do that. And not redistribute to someone who didnt want to put in 63 hours a week.

I understand this "Every man for himself " mindset. But, that is actually not the way things would work. For example, who will you rent those houses to if no public roads go by them or if they are not serviced by your local fire department or if the people that actually have the last remaining jobs are supporting their poverty stricken family members…?

[QUOTE=“konan;488967”]
I understand this "Every man for himself " mindset. But, that is actually not the way things would work. For example, who will you rent those houses to if no public roads go by them or if they are not serviced by your local fire department or if the people that actually have the last remaining jobs are supporting their poverty stricken family members…?[/QUOTE]

So what should I do? Maybe I should give that house to the renters. Or find a homeless family and give it to them. And while I’m at it ill work as much overtime as I can. Keep my bills to a minimum and pay them then the rest ill just give away to those “less fortunate”.

Are you talking about when it hits the fan? When the poor people rise up and the whole world goes into war? My houses will be the least of my worries but until then I’m gonna make sure my family has every opportunity for success that I didn’t get.

No, keep complaining about the taxes, but keep paying your fair share and we will all get to live in this age of faux democracy for a long time to come hopefully. Btw, did you know that the 12th richest woman in Britain (J.K. Rowling) was receiving social security checks from the government for years?!

[QUOTE=“konan;488970”]

No, keep complaining about the taxes, but keep paying your fair share and we will all get to live in this age of faux democracy for a long time to come hopefully. Btw, did you know that the 12th richest woman in Britain (J.K. Rowling) was receiving social security checks from the government for years?![/QUOTE]

You know i would rather not pay taxes and just have them come take the money directly from me and give it directly to a family. At least then I wouldn’t have to pay for the corruption. At least then I wouldn’t have to pay for all the money that slips through the cracks and all the inefficiencies of government.

I like Harry potter. I’m actually thinking about my next tattoo being the dark mark symbol. Although idk if I want it on my forearm.

Looks cool…You could tat it on your face somewhere, you dont give a sht, you’re your own boss.

[QUOTE=“konan;488973”]
Looks cool…You could tat it on your face somewhere, you dont give a sht, you’re your own boss.[/QUOTE]

Lol I don’t have any visible tattoos yet. And no I’m not my own boss. That’s one of the reasons I wanna trade. I don’t like having my car, my house, or where I can take vacation dictated by someone else.

I’m done with it all since I got downsized years ago. Just was lucky that I’m not in debt of any kind and own our house…I’m never going back and they can kiss my assets too coz I’m not doing bad at all in FX. Still thinking about what face tat to get dou

Not looking for anarchy here. Obviously there has to be some government, but it needs to be limited in its power.

If he was king then he taxed those people to get his money, no?

So he was charitable with the money he stole from the people. Sounds pretty inefficient to me.

Not when the power lies in making sure that the richest pay the fair share of the spoils…

What do you mean?

What’s fair?

There’s nothing stopping people like bill maher from paying more. They’re hypocrites.

The people had no beef with high taxes but with most of the tax going towards the kings estates.

Fair is what works…We already know the approximate sum too…

Why should Bill Maher “pay more” than everysone else? United States of America, not Bill Maher of America

You sure? I thought it was because of the high taxes on top of it all going to the king. Also, if he was doing that. Then he wasn’t charitable :wink:

Unfortunately in the UK, we live in a welfare society where past governments only encouraged living off the state. Then a new party come in and try to change it but they just end up looking after their own society class.

Either way, the people who actually need help, don’t get it.

I’m all for the current cuts from the deadbeats who don’t want to work but why is it that all governments never deliver on their promises. Then when asked questions on there campaign plans they can never give any straight answers.

I also think everyone should pay the same tax rate. Why should a brain surgeon pay a higher tax rate than me when they have studied harder and do a more important job role?

Fair is what works? That’s not exactly fair then.

What do you believe is fair?