Political Opinion

I would not expect anything earth-shattering, they will have him doped up just as they did for the State of the Union. President Trump needs to stay issue-focused, give a 10-second answer to all the dumb meaningless questions from the biased CNN host, and use the remainder of his time talking about things that matter to most people. Will we get that from President Trump, I am not holding my breath

1 Like

@Dennis3450 Thursday is the much anticipated debateā€¦ Thursday evening/early hours Friday is when the current Administration realise that all hope is lost and Joeā€™s dementia and subsequent incompetence is apparent for all to seeā€¦

Friday will be the day they dump Joey and slot in a new Democrat candidate for November electionsā€¦

1 Like

that would all be great but as I said before, I am not holding my breath

Some people make up lies in their little brains, making excuses already. You think Trump should win the debate easily.

Trump has spent months painting Biden as incompetent. Now heā€™s changing his tone before the debate.

NEW YORK (AP) ā€” After months of casting President Joe Biden as a shell of a man incapable of putting two sentences together, Donald Trump has changed his tune days before their first debate.

ā€œI assume heā€™s going to be somebody that will be a worthy debater,ā€ the former president and presumptive Republican nominee said in an appearance on ā€œThe All-Inā€ podcast last week.

ā€œI donā€™t want to underestimate him," he added.

The changed rhetoric marks a dramatic shift from how Trump typically describes the man he will face in a rematch this November. At his rallies and in speeches, Trump typically casts the Democratic incumbent as a ā€œlow-IQ individualā€ who is ā€œthe worst, most incompetent, and most corrupt presidentā€ in the nationā€™s history, and often imitates Biden appearing lost on stage.

The effort to adjust expectations ahead of Thursdayā€™s matchup in Atlanta comes amid concerns from some in his party that Trump has set the bar so low for Biden that he is sure to exceed it. And it underscores the stakes for both men in a race that has appeared largely static for months.

Millions are expected to tune in Thursday, offering a rare opportunity for both sides to try to gain momentum in a contest that will likely be decided by a small fraction of voters in a handful of battleground states.

Trump has spent months painting Biden as incompetent. Now he's changing his tone before the debate

Trying to be cool again, keep doing you Xanaphlaxes, the guy embarasses himself too many times to take advice from him.

@SmallPaul Itā€™s not about being coolā€¦ Itā€™s about being rationalā€¦ Something you are notā€¦!!

Your posts display the ramblings of a madmanā€¦ All cut and paste with very little contextā€¦

Embarrassingly you spelt embarrasses wrong once againā€¦ How embarrassingā€¦

1 Like

LMAO show me whatā€™s not rational in my post compared to yours, letā€™s get to it

Show me, itā€™s all self-explanatory, If you canā€™t comprehend, then it reflects on you, lol.

And please show me rambling on like a madman

This is your moment, you wanted the spotlight hereā€™s your chance

In a moment, I will handle the CC if necessary, but weā€™ve got other news.

Sounds like a great deal for Julian Assange, itā€™s been long enough, itā€™s time to move on for both parties

When you click, copy, and paste something including videos, what is it called? :eyes:

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange expected to plead guilty, avoid further prison time as part of deal with US.

The Justice Department has reached an agreement with Julian Assange to plead guilty to a single felony count of conspiring to unlawfully obtain and disseminate classified information, in a deal that is expected to resolve the WikiLeaks founderā€™s charges in the U.S. with no further time in prison, according to court documents unsealed Monday evening.

The deal is expected to effectively bring to an end to a yearslong legal battle by the U.S. to prosecute Assange over the publishing of classified military and diplomatic materials that were leaked by former American soldier Chelsea Manning in 2010, including some that showed possible war crimes committed by American forces in Iraq.

According to a letter posted by U.S. prosecutors, Assange will plead guilty in U.S. federal court in the Northern Mariana Islands and is expected to return afterward to Australia, indicating prosecutors will not be requesting a judge sentence him beyond the term of time served for the five years he has spent in Londonā€™s Belmarsh prison fighting extradition.

The plea deal would resolve charges federal prosecutors brought against Assange under the Espionage Act over WikiLeaksā€™ publication of the leaked diplomatic and military documents that has come under criticism by First Amendment advocates over its potential implications for media freedom, as well as Assangeā€™s ongoing detention in the U.K. which has been widely condemned by human rights organizations.

The deal should mean that Assange will finally walk free after spending more than a decade in some form of confinement while seeking to avoid prosecution by the U.S.

For the past five years, Assange has been imprisoned in Londonā€™s Belmarsh prison, one of the U.K.'s most secure jails, while he fought a U.S. extradition effort.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange expected to plead guilty, avoid further prison time as part of deal with US

Wise move. Never underestimate an opponent.
The Democrats are not stupid and not incompetent. They see it coming too. They must have a strategy.
I suspect one of two plays.
#1 make people feel sorry for Biden, retire him after the drbate, and replace with Newsome or similar. Then push hard the narrative, ā€œ80 is too old for office. see, we did the right thing! Trump is too old.ā€
Of course, there would be 0 policy change. They would blaze full steam ahead castrating kids, pushing the envelope for nuclear war, censoring speech, tanking the economy, brainwashing kids with neoMarxist/postmodern BS in schools, and flooding the streets with criminals. Not an improvement over ancient Biden!

#2 somehow younger Biden shows up. The one that handed Paul Ryan his ass in the 2012 debate. I disagree with Biden, but cannot deny he had rhetorical skill in his younger days. if he is still in there somehow and shows up, Trump needs to bring his A game (especially in hostile territory)

I guess its time to make some popcorn and see what happens.

2 Likes

Iā€™m all for it, but donā€™t change your tune, keep that same energy - Biden is incompetent

He looks like he is very badly impaired. Yet, the Democrats are putting him on the stage. They are not giving us a gift. They have a plan. My best guess is one of the two scenarios I listed above and probably scenario #1. But, I donā€™t know!

1 Like

Donā€™t change your tune to something you donā€™t have evidence of, Trump is trying to portray Biden as incompetent, so letā€™s continue to hold that position, and if biden is impaired and is giving something, you would expect that he would continue to take something to avoid looking impaired in public. However, letā€™s wait and see what happens. Republican strategists are also planning to make an excuse before the debate, thatā€™s their plan incase Trump looks bad.

Trump has been full of lies with no evidence to support his claims, and itā€™s no different now

Leftists are masterful at setting traps.
ā€œThe real action is in the enemyā€™s reaction.ā€

Biden is probably as impaired as he looks and you can still bet on a setup from his camp.

I have been expecting them to swap out Biden for Newsome and create a masterpiece theater about how no one should he President at 80.
This is the perfect time to do it. This debate is VERY unusually early.

And of course Trump is going to change his rhetoric as the landscape changes. Everyone does this. That is normal.

Didnā€™t you just post this

Someone show me in history when we ever had a presidential debate in June, This is not normal and to think the Democrats who insisted on this early date donā€™t have some underhanded scheme planned is a sheep ( from Animal Farm)

1 Like

A little humor to start your day

1 Like

Excuses and whining are never ending for these people

Yes, I did.
Leftists (people in Bidenā€™s camp) are masterful at setting traps.
Sure, Democrat policies are ruinous for most of us, but Democrats are competent at accomplishing their goals.
Therefore, the Republicans are wise to not underestimate the opponent, the Democrats, in this debate.
Everything I have said is coherent and based. Iā€™m happy to unpack any of it.

Also, Iā€™m doing my best to be blunt without being rude or insulting.
I am 100% serious when I say that liberals and conservatives need to work together.
What the Democratic Party has become is far from liberal. Iā€™m very concerned about the future of the USA if they ever control two branches of government again. They are correct when they say the future of democracy is at stake, but someone needs to show them a mirror so they can see the real threat.

1 Like

1 Like

You only talk about the democrats playing this game when you know the republicans play it as well, so whatā€™s the problem?

as far as controling the goverment, isā€™nt that what the republicans and you yourself want to do?

Mr. spell checker is on his way

You are free to unpack anything you want, Thatā€™s what this thread is for