Premji 30 pip scalper

Still finding it difficult to make this work. How do I connect to the server to pull the data and do I still need to change the time settings? FYI, I live in the UK. I have attached a screen-shot of my current screen. Hopefully that will give some information in order to help me out. Thanks for your help.

“Important”, these inputs have been made for 5 digit brokers, we may add a setting in the EA soon for both 4 or 5 digit broker so if you have a 4 digit broker, don’t use this EA version 1.4 until we have an update. Use an earlier version and use your own settings.

I am with FBS (a 4 digit broker) and EA entered a trade. I am at plus 40 pips right now and watched the SL being adjusted. Right now I would make a small profit and I am not sure what I should do. Should I just manually exit the trade?

I would exit manually, the EA is not optimized for 4 digit brokers, all the settings need to be divided by 10, we should have an option added to the EA shortly where you can choose hopefully soon.

thanks

Hi…

Never seen a person helping in the forum by optimizing EA and giving to people …great work…
Plz release for 4 digit broker soon …m forward testing it …

also manualy trading with mega trend all pivot combine with 12 EMA…thanks for mega trend indicator…

Why Have you named indicatore as Mega Trend…???

HI, here is the new version and should now work for both 4 and 5 digit brokers, thanks.

Premji_EA_v1.4.zip (24.9 KB)

Thank you for posting the new version.

Think I am all setup with indicators and dll file. Can you confirm or someone using the system that I followed the correct steps.

1. Copy EA, indicators and dll file into correct directories
  2. Request a key
  3. Add EA to proper chart
  4. Modify EA by setting US Close to 23:59
  5. Modify EA by setting risk percent and lot size according to your balance
  6. Modify EA by your key
  7. Modify EA by changing magic number when you use it on more than one chart

All backtests are running fine, but I end up with a loss on 30M. Any ideas?

That looks perfect, for the 5 minute EA, we back-tested 1 year.

for the 30 minutes and 1 hours we back-tested 3 years. Try going back 3 years if you have any issues let me know

What do you change the magic number to when you use it on more than one chart? And secondly, if you are using the EA on only one chart, will the magic number be the default value?

On one chart you can leave it as is. On multiple charts I just changed the last digit. So for example from a 9 to an 8, and so on.

If you place it on 1 chart you can leave the magic number alone, if you put it on 2 of the same pair, you can change the last digit by 1.

thanks

If you are only testing one bot and you only have it on one TF and pair, magic numbers are not necessary. If you have the bot on two different time frames of the same pair then each bot on each TF must have a different magic number. They can be any number from 1 digit to 8 I believe. Doesn’t really matter the number as long as they are different. If you are running additional bots on the account that may need to trade the same pair then you must also use different magic numbers. Magic numbers ensure that the bot that placed a trade on a chart continues to maintain and monitor that trade and that it doesn’t get closed out by the rules used by some other bot trading the same pair. I generally use magic numbers in series for easy identification in the trade window and trade history. Also helps for running P&L reports on each bot. My first bot trading 4 charts might be 101,102,103,104 and another bot trading 6 charts might be 201,202, 203, 204,205, 206. etc. An important thing to know is that what ever bots you are going to run live, you need to test them together first on a demo account to make sure they don’t interfere with each other. Even with magic numbers I have had some bots that just don’t play well with others and want to run the whole show. Those misbehaving bots have to have an account of their own.

Anyone been trading the last two days? Yesterday a sell trade hit the SL and shortly after that a buy trade was opened. All on the 5M timeframe and even the last trade is slowly approaching SL. Do you guys think I have something misconfigured? I know not all trades are or can be winners.

Actually the second trade just hit the SL as well. Is it my broker, or did someone else saw the same thing happening.

me too. something wrong… :frowning:

For some reason my bot didn’t take the mentioned trades…I’m on Alpari-US so I would have expected the bot to take those trades. They looked like the correct setups.

However as you all know, every bot is prone to winning, losing and streaks of both. One or two trades does not make a bot a star or a dud. Before I make a judgement about a bot, I first make sure it is at least profitable in backtesting, then put it on a DEMO account and I trade it for 30 days or at least 20-25 trades. There are really good bots that take 5 or 10 little losses in a row only to hit one out of the park for a nice account gain. You really have to trade the bot on DEMO for a while to know what it will do and to really learn what it is looking for and how it will exit.

Also when you post you should post the bot version and the TF you are using and which set file you are using. From your post I’m not sure which version you are using and if you are using one of my set files or Mori’s from his server.

Hang in there and give the bot a little room to establish a forward testing track record before casting it overboard.

Absolutely not casting it overboard. Using server settings and all trades were on M5 for EURUSD. Just trying to figure out, if it is broker, settings or everyone is seeing the same thing.

You are absolutely right about giving it some time and I am thinking of maybe hedging some of my positions.

Sell Trade opened at 1.3197 and did not catch it in time to hedge it. Anyone else having the same trade opened?

I have… :frowning:

ejohnston, do you have that trade as well? Are you guys using 4 or 5 digit brokers?

I use 4 digits broker (Admiral Markets)