Premji 30 pip scalper

So we are both using 4 digit broker and server settings.

I absolutely believe in the EA based on tests and just try to give back to the community by sharing what I see. Mori, do you mind or do you prefer feedback in another way?

No, the bot did not take the trades from yesterday or today. I am on Alpari-US 5 digit. Could be something with the number of digits which is allowing you into trades and keeping me out. Have you switched to the new version of 1.4 that has 4/5 digit brokers? I get confused how the 4 digit broker orders look vs the 5 digit in the bot as I have always used 5 but it could be something like if the bot tells it to enter at 100 pts above/below a point, the 4 digit brokers would enter at 10 pts above/below which might be putting you in trades that it didn’t let me enter. Again I have little experience with 4 digit brokers but that seems to be the only difference between our set ups.

Yes, I did switch to the new 1.4 version and wonder if there are manual changes you need to make in the EA to adjust for 4 digit broker.

Hi guys, the latest EA automatically adjusts itself for 4/5 digit brokers so it should work just fine.

thanks

The EA should have taken 2 trades today and got stopped out a 1-2 pips profit as the market came back the other way, i have attached a pic of todays trades and I will do so every day for EUR USD 5 minute chart. I am using FXCM as a broker and they are a 5 digit broker.

thansk

very strange. so these are the trades on M5 EURUSD with server settings and on 4 digit broker (FBS)

12-15 at 22:50 SELL trade entered at 1.3226 and reached SL at 1.3265 (minus 39 pips)

12-16 at 11:50 BUY trade entered at 1.3257 and reached SL at 1.3193 (minus 64 pips)

12-16 at 18:55 SELL trade entered at 1.3197, SL at 1.3264 (currently minus 50 pips)

Can you confirm these are the same trades? Seems something strange is going on with yours closing at a slight gain.

Hello, let me double check with the programmer on this matter.

thanks

Thanks for doing that. Let me know, if there is any other additional info that might be helpful.

Hi,

I have just tried using the EA for the past 2 days. The first day there was no trade and I thought I did something wrong. However on the second day I had a trade just as you posted (i must have missed the second as my system was down after that). However, as I was watching initially we were down by many pips, but after sometimes the profit were showing up to almost 900. Then it started to loose so I couldn’t help it,so I closed it at 600 over.
The question is ‘on the average how many trades will this EA do in a week?’ thank you for sharing
Pip066

Here is today trade, did everybody enter properly:

thanks currently up 70 pips or so, i will attache the pic. Also here is the correct EA again, please install again to make sure you are not using older version with the 4/5 digit broker error. I only have 1 trade so far today

thanks

Premji_EA_v1.4.zip (24.9 KB)

I had the same trade. Here the bot picked out another great trade as it usually does. Market went almost straight our direction for an extended run. Unfortunately I have another bot on my platform that decided to turn this into a mini scalper and closed the trade at 10 pips profit. That bot has been taken out and put in the bots quarantine folder to put on another account.

Pip006 - I am the same way in that I cannot bear to watch the bot pick a great trade, ride it to a profit and and watch it retrace back to almost nothing. I watch the fractals very closely and when I start seeing weakness in the trade I exit. I never like to give skin back to the crim brokers. I also have a indicator on the chart called nonlagdot that I have set to keep telling me if the slope of of the price is still moving my direction. It is similar to Hull or Mega Trend but on a much shorter time scale. I run it on a 20 period average instead of 144 that we use on Mega Trend. You could probably use either one Dot or Mega but set the period to 20 and see the samething. As soon as the slope of the price movement starts to change I exit the trade and wait for the next great pick.

I stopped live trading on the EA for all time frames based on the inconsistencies we saw. I can definitely confirm that I used the newest version of the bot.

morimpre, can you point me to the best post to get the indicators and the dll file from? I am starting from scratch to make sure all is used from the correct sources.

Hi morimpre,

I did not get that particular signal either. I did notice my Zee Zee indicator is not in sync with yours. Please see attached and notice where I placed the red vertical line – the time of your signal. My Zee Zee indicator is not close to the 100 upper value line while yours has touched it or crossed it. The CCI value is 14.

I am using Alpari-US (5 digit) for both my demo as well as for my live trading. The Zee Zee indicator values are the same on both and differ from yours. I did not do a comparison on the other indicators.

Thanks and hope this is helpful.

Hello, here are the indicators from my MT4 account and the dll aswell

thanks

MyIndiactors.zip (102 KB)

Thanx a bunch. So it is only those two and there is only one dll file that was posted on one of the first few posts?

Dont worry, im sure we can figure this out.

thanks

Hi Morimpre,
Is it possible to have a trailing stop automatically configured on the EA so that when the trade is about 50 pips into profit, the trailing stop will set in and put it at something like 30 pips below (for buy)/ above (for sell) the current price. This will help in safeguarding some of the profits already earned by the EA instead of throwing it all onto the board again.

I totally agree with that - trailing stops is a must. I had a bunch of trades with +70-80 pips and hitting negative stop loss later :confused:

Hi ejohnston5,

Thank you for your suggestion on using Mega Trend (period 20), it does show the movement as you described. My question is if we exit the trade, what happens to the bot’s calculations to offset what its going through. Will it just drop everything and look for another trade?

pip066