Real test with real account of 3 robots - MD - MDP - WSFR

Rather than go all doom and gloom like the poster 2 above me, it looks more like the account was quite heavily focused on similar types of scalping programs. At least from my readings on them, Master Scalper, Wallstreet, FFM (and maybe possibly Forex Shocker and Iris FX) have more similarities than differences.

So if the market hits a certain type of volatility that causes these types of programs to hit lots of trading signals then they are going to do poorly…but if they all do poorly in the same way the losses of one piled on top of the losses of another cause an extra powerful hit to the account.

Taken singly, none of the EAs took losses that were outside the normal drawdown pattern for that specific EA…given normal risk levels.

Just a random stranger on the internet here, but I’d recommend dialing down risk level and maybe dropping some of the “doubled up” EAs.

Check out Forex Flow, it has a good live forward test and has given me 6% this month…basically counteracted the Master Scalper/Breakout Hunter drawdown and left my account in the green for the month.

FFM is not a scalper, irisfx is not a scalper (he trades the cross daily and H1 fractals, so just the acceleration after a break of the point)

having different EA doing the same type of strategy… I don’T see a problem here. the algoritms are not the same; so 2 scalpers can trade the same currency at different point in time and different direction and still profitables.
and if the % of winning trade is 80% for both, you’ll win more at the end.

for sure there is more risk, but not related to the same EA.

I don’T know Forex Flow… I’ll find it :wink:

ok… I find Forex Flow…
but its a martingale EA!
I already lost an account using a martingale EA, not for me anymore. too risky and low profit due to the low risk you must set.
I greatly prefer an EA trading 1 bigger trade at a time close it if its in the wrong direction. and with 80% of the time is in profit so 80% of chance getting great results. instead of 90% of small results and huge losses when 5 trades are closed…

I suppose with the investopedia definition of scalping as “A trading strategy that attempts to make many profits on small price changes” it does leave a certain degree of interpretation regarding just how long a “short term trade” lasts and how much profit it takes but I’m getting off the point of this thread:)

Ultimately the reason I lumped MS/FFM/Wallstreet together in the way I did was because while they are using different entrance/exit points for trades they are all expecting the market to work in a somewhat predictable manner over the “short term”(Look how easily I dodge discussion about what constitutes Scalping!). Unfortunately when there are large systemic shocks focused particularly on the USD/EUR/CHF it greatly magnifies the effects to have a number of EAs all working those pairs. And truth be told I know nothing about Irisfx, just noticed the pairs traded and that it was also in a loss.

As for Forex Flow, I’ll probably just go and start a thread on it…short answer though: Take the time and read Birts review(including comments).

If you go deep in the info that I’m publishing you’ll see that happens a few times and it took me a bit to fully understand why.
All the info I show here is taken from MyFxBook directly and (now I know) there has a difference between the pips gain or loss and the real money gain or loss.
The pips are calculated with total independence of the lot size.
That means that you can place a 0.1 lot that gains 200 pips and the money profit is 1% and after you place a 1 lot order that loses only 20 pips but since the order is 10 times bigger you lose 10 times more, so you lose also 1%.
In the overall you are gaining 180 pips (the result would be positive if always were used the same order size) but in real yo are having zero profit.
You can have precisely the opposite situation to the positive side. You can be losing pips and having profit if the profitable orders had lot sizes consistently bigger then the loser ones.
Since MDP places different sized orders all the time that discrepancy will always be there…
Hope I’ve been clear…

My idea with all this robot thing is to find a set of robots with different characteristics that interact and work around the clock interfering with each other the less possible and each one generating money for the next to enter stronger in the market.
Well… this is the theory.
Not all the robots are bad and these last few weeks have been very hard and surely gave their authors a few things to think about.
I’m removing (I hope…) the worst pairs and reducing the risk in the ones that I find more weak and rise the risk in those that I find more trustworthy.
I still believe that there is a good profitable combination of EAs that in the long term is able to make money in a consistent way counting with a few draw downs in the way.
Note: just received info from FFM that version 2.5 has been released. Hope it brings better results than the 2.1 thing…

Friday, MDP did a trade. How was it ? Simply, insane. The market was spiking, it deteted the signal at 1,3027, sell at 1,3042 , at this point the spiking went and it bought at 1,3047. My question, why MDP is against the trade ? Nobody, no one robot knows where the spike ends. So, why MDP sell when the pair are going up, knowing that a scalper have few pips to do the trade, or earn or lose ? Well, for me this is made this form not for traders, but yes for brokers and the interbank market. For me, the MDP would buy and when the trade reversed should sell and did a profit. I should add that my MDP is working like this, did 3 trades all in the same way like this one. Conclusion, with a friend like this one I don´t need to have enemys, I have them in my account, so the MDP is not for me, I can´t tolerate this way to trade. We should pay attention how the brokers work nowadays. They use stop loss of 5 or more pips, slippage, delayed execution times, spreads too higs and more some, whose objective is that the bots can´t work, and now and then lower the rules and do a spikes to empty the accounts of owners. Verify Forex Expert Advisors | Live Forward Tests | Birt’s EA review and see how few are the ones that made profit.

I’ve been running Megadroid on a live Smart Live Markets / GKFX spreadbetting account since 13th October 2011. I get the same warning message regarding the margin. However, it trades OK. I’ve seen a 15% gain since 13th October on 5% risk with no drawdown. It didn’t trade for about a month from the 8th December, because I didn’t install the update to v1.38 correctly.

MDP is an EA designed to open trades based on a specific algoritm. MDP is designed to get the pullback following a spike, not to go in the same direction.
In fact he does what every trader want to do, open a trade at the top of a spike and sell it at the bottom. but the EA act at the minute, not the hour…
I found MDP far less riskier than most of the EA on the market, you will never lose hundreds of pips.

First I’d like to make a statement:
I believe that if a robot producer sells a robot it should work in an almost out of the box setup and with any broker.
It should trade (buy and sell) all alone and make your account run into profit.
Otherwise what’s the use of it? You spend a bunch of time discussing tweaks and stops and losses and “what to do” and “what not to do” and the authors of the robots excuse themselves with the “market” and its “very hard conditions”.
You buy a robot, you set it up and it should trade to profit most of the times, and by the end of the month it must be, at least, positive.
What a hell!! It’s a robot and should be programmed to understand and react to the market signs in a way that we humans can’t (fast and emotionless). If it does not understand the signs or don’t know how to read them, then the seller is making money with a product that does not meet the expectations. If it doesn’t… then it’s a bad program that buys random orders based on weak signs and spends our money to the last drop making profits only to the broker and to the author.
It’s impossible to have a profit in all the trades but the robots should use their undivided attention to focus on that purpose. Otherwise they’re worthless… I mean… worthless to the person that buys them expecting some profit, because broker and author have their profit guaranteed.

I’ve been running this test for the last two months and I must tell you that things didn’t run the way I expected and today I STOPPED it because this morning [B]the 7 robots all together managed to make a LOSS of 48.94%[/B].
This is how they managed to reach the above value and what I think about them:

[B]MegaDroid [/B]gain is 6.06% with 23 trades. 22 gains and one single loss. If I had kept the risk of MegaDroid at 70% since the beginning of the test in all the trades my profit would be a bit over 100%.
MegaDroid makes money in any market condition and, when in doubt, it does nothing. Clever!
I’m going to keep MegaDroid running in full throttle, all alone in my account because it’s the only gainer.
Additionally MegaDroid was the cheapest robot. Go figure that.
Investment: $82

All the others that follow are now history for me.

[B]MillionDollarPips [/B]makes HUUUUUGE gains in demo but in real life is a loser. It lost 3.89% in 120 trades with 58 winners and 62 losers. It trades like hell but it’s very inconsistent. “It’s very broker sensitive” they say. Yeah! So am I.
Investment: $99

[B]MasterScalper [/B]is in fact a master of the scalping of the money of your account. In 2 months it made 236 trades where 166 were winners but it managed to lose 15.13%. Small gains, huge losses. I can’t live with that… My broker loves it so much that they offered me a very nice bottle of wine during Xmas.
Lots of discussion around this EA with tweak this, tweak that, stop this, start that… I want to make it run and come back at the end of the month and smile. That’s what I want from a robot but definitively not what I’ve got.
Investment: $145

[B]WallStreetForex [/B]can’t be beatten. It [B]is the PIPest LOOSER[/B] and managed to lose 28.46% with 118 trades with 85 winners. Very consistent during all the test: small gains, huge losses. It’s almost painful see it enter a few moves that clearly should have been open in the opposite direction and not be able to stop them by itself ant hitting a very, very far stop loss. The result is not worst because I’ve manually stopped a few orders avoiding further damage.
Investment: $150 (1/3 of the 3 license order)

[B]IrisFx [/B]managed to lose 5.15% in 106 trades where 93 were profits. Small gains, big losses (where have I seen this ?). When trading in small lots (0.1) it manages to get some profitable orders but when we raise the bet it’s loss after loss.
Investment: $99

[B]Forex Shocker 3.0[/B] didn’t manage to shock the forex but, at least, it shocked me. With all its promises I was expecting a lot but all I’ve got was a 3.3% loss with 53 trades where 41 were winners.
I’m repeating myself but what can I do… Small gains, big losses.
Super expensive. For that price much better and faster results were expected.
Investment: $299

[B]Fast Forex Millions[/B] recently upgraded to version 2.5 hadn’t been able to do much better then version 2.1. It loses less but is still losing in less than 2 weeks the amazing value of 10.04% with 59 trades where only 27 were gains.
I regret very much this investment. I’ve not decided in a cold and calm way as I usually try to do and I got what I deserved.
Investment: $247

Take your own conclusions but never forget that this test was run on a real account, under a fast VSA and following all the directions from the EAs authors.
Any other real account, in a different broker, a different VSA and a different time period would certainly have a different result. But not necessarily better… .

Total investment in the 7 robots: $1.022
And all I needed was MegaDroid… for only $82. Instead of having my account cut by half I would have it multiplied by two.

Lesson learned.
Additional note: I have absolutely nothing to do with MegaDroid and I’m just one of their clients.

sad to read man.

how was the today MDP trades? :slight_smile:

I agree about FFM, for the moment, this EA doesn’T works.
I’ll see in the next week then I’ll stop it if still no profit.

at least MDP made my day with 10% of profit in 2 trades…
I saw real account getting around 30%…

I stopped all the robots around 8 AM (CET) and for that reason I had no trades of MDP today. But yesterday it was very bad. MDP has that problem… nice gains and nice losses.
But have you seen their demo account? Whow!!! Amazing! Not reproducible in real accounts.

so you do not get the big win today… sad.

all the real accounts wins today, so again and again, you can reproduct the demo account in your real account.
I follow the demo account, but with 4 times less trades, 4 times less profit too…
I hope we’ll have some additional moves in the month, could be a great month for MDP.

That’s life… sometimes you win… sometimes you lose…

Thank you Mendonca for all the effort, time and money you’ve spend to do the test and to tell us about your gains and losses!! Big Props for that! I am using MS too, but i am also not very impressed these days. MD sounds too good to be true. When you think about 100% gains every year…

Regards, Alex

MD could have made more than 100% in 2 months in my real account. This is theory only because I’ve started with very conservative risk (0.1 to 0.3) and the day I improved it to 0.7 (December, 23) it had the only loss. If I’ve kept 0.7 risk since the first trade it would have doubled the investment in this period and that gives roughly 600% per year (in theory, of course).
One thing I am now absolutely sure: MD is the only profitable robot I’ve tested in good and bad conditions of the market with default settings (except risk).

You tested MD live, right? How much did you have in your account for MD alone?

Well, i will buy the MD, too! :slight_smile: because i believe what you say.

Thank you, Mendonca, you deserve the best, unfortunatly you couldn´t get the best. Remain between us your effort, your dádiva for all of us, I hope you could regain your losses at others trades, so that the life don´t be so sad. Your experiênce was our wealth, without you, some of us will lost money with those robots. One time more, THANK YOU, Mendonca.

Mendonca, one information, please. MegaDróide works in house or needs a VPS? My MDP today had 6 trades 3 winners, 3 losers, balance profit 11,96, this in a demo account.