Real test with real account of 3 robots - MD - MDP - WSFR

btw. there is MD pro available. any thoughts about this EA?

That has nothing to do with sadness!!
It has everything to do with learning!
This is the cost of learning and the only difference is that I have the guts to share it (being certain that most of us donā€™t learn with the errors of the others).
And one thing that Iā€™ve learned is that demo accounts and backward tests have almost no value at all because most of the time they have nothing to do with trading in real accounts (as I very well demonstrated to myself comparing my real account with my demo account trading the same pairs with the same robots).
Another thing that Iā€™ve learn is how to read the live and backward tests presented by the EAs and now I can easily exclude those that I, for sure, do not want to have trading in my account.
Yet another thing that Iā€™ve learned (and that I should already knowā€¦) is that NEVER - EVER to buy an EA that has just been released using just the emotion. If I knew, two months ago, what I know today the 8 EAs that I now own would be no more than 2 or 3.
Then again, Iā€™m not sad. Iā€™m wiser. And that certainly is not bad.

In the overall it made almost 125 pips profit in two months (including an abnormal 120 pips loss in december, 23).
It could be much more if other robots werenā€™t using all free margin and blocking MD to open new orders.

What I say is based solely in my experience. Feel absolutely free to disagreeā€¦

Found this at Forex Robots (Best Forex EAs | Expert Advisors) Reviews, plus FX Signals & Trading Systems
No idea about the prices but Iā€™m going to ask them.

ā€œForex MegaDroid Pro is simply the extension of Forex MegaDroid. If youā€™re familiar with MegaDroid youā€™ll know itā€™s a very accurate scalping system, but it may only trade 1-4 times a week taking 10 pips per trade. However, if you use effective money management you can maximize the results. So, what makes Forex MegaDroid Pro different? As I said above, itā€™s an extension of the MegaDroid EA, and they have extended it by adding 3 additional pairs that it can trade on top of EURUSD. The additional pairs are:
EURCHF
EURGBP
USDCHFā€

My demo account is running in house (not in a VPS) and I get very good profits with MD. Also MD is not a pure scalper (it trades using H1 timeframe) and for that reason is not as speed sensitive as MDP for instance. Normally MD only trades between 21:30 and 24:00 CET. Only once I had an order open for more than 3 hours and it was that &%$%&$&% order of December, 23 that I can hardly forget.

HI Oliverjames,

could you PM me or email me? I would like to ask you a few questions on settings but dont want to take forumā€™s space as is off topic.

Thanks

Just asked for refunds on Forex Shocker 3 ($299) and Fast Forex Millions ($247).
Itā€™s the first time that Iā€™m doing this and Iā€™m quite curious about how easy (or notā€¦) are things going to happen. IĀ“ll keep you posted.
UPDATE: less than 15 minutes after asking for the refund I received an e-mail from Plimus (Forex Shocker) authorizing the refund and informing that the money would be available in my credit card in the next 7-10 business days. Iā€™m impressedā€¦ butā€¦ Iā€™ll be sure when the money hits my pocket.

Hi mendonca thanks for all the effort.
I was about to buy mdp and ffm - changed my mind after reading your report.
Do you have any experience with forex gale or myfxduplicate?
Britā€™s ea review shows very positive returns.
As for me i am going in for md.
Thanks
Devendra

And also oddbot
Sorry i forgot to mention.
Also britā€™s ea shows 30% for mdp.
Dec and Jan was very tough for all ea i think Feb onwards it should pick up.

thank you mendonca! i wanted to know which amount of money MD traded (live account). the pips are astounding. now i have to understand how to modify money management to maximize the profits.

holy cow, its possible to become very wealthy with forex!!! YESSSSSSSS!!! :smiley:

I believe MD trades from the minimum lot size supported by your broker up to the maximum lot size.
The minimum lot supported by my broker is 0.1 and then is the risk and margin available that automatically determine the size of the order.

but also very poorā€¦

yes, thats true.

to make it clear; how much $ youā€™ve traded with MD live? 500? 2,000? it was a live test and i would like to know what i need to transfer to the account for a valuable test, before sending 25,000 you see??

I traded with $2.000 just to know what to do next.
You can trade with whatever you feel comfortable.
MD does not make many moves and you must be patient.
My advice for MD is to start with a 0.5 risk (50%) with at least $2000 ($5000 is preferable) and when you feel confident raise the risk and/or the investment orā€¦ just let it goā€¦
The smaller the account, the worst, because even a small drawdawn affects significantly your re-entry order size in the next move.
One thing is sure (at least for meā€¦): stick to the plan and donā€™t change it even if if you have the bad luck of a drawdawn in the first move.
Let the robot work. I did that with all the robots in the test precisely to understand how did they manage on their own without surveillance. I let them do all the stupid things they wanted to do just to prove to myself that most of them are not clever at all. Thatā€™s what theyā€™re supposed to be designed forā€¦ isnā€™t it?
I want the robot to babysit my money and I donā€™t want to babysit the robot.
At the end of the day I just want to go to my account and collect the profit, not tweak and caress the robot!

Iā€™m done with the EAs testing thing.
Now Iā€™m going to credit my account with some money and let MD run at a 80% risk and MDP at 2% risk and waitā€¦
The risk is big but the reward is proportional.

Big risk, but you know how to do things. I bougth the MD and next week it starts working on a demo to show what it is capable. I hope you can get better results this time.

well, when i set the risk at 80%, is MD going in with 8K (from 10K account)? i mean, if the robot is wrong, i loose 8K in no time?

lolā€¦

never set a risk higher than 3% in any EA. except if you are ready to lost your capital quickly.
80% of risk is per trade, MDP can open 8 trades simultaneously (by default)ā€¦ so the EA will not be able to open more than 1 trade with 80%.
also your broker must support opening a big tradeā€¦

finally the risk is based on the lost partā€¦ if you lost the trade, you lost 80% of your account.

the good trade of this week with 2% of risk has produced 8% of profitā€¦ so with 80% of risk, the same trade could produce 320% of profitā€¦ :wink:
the entire good wave produces 30% for some accountsā€¦ again with 2%ā€¦
but if you take a closer look, youā€™ll see a first loosing trade followed by a good one, at 80% of risk, youā€™ll first lost 80% of the account (so youā€™ll have 2K$), then youā€™ll win 320% (6.4k$)ā€¦
so youā€™ll lostā€¦

another point, higher the lot size is, slower the execution is, more risk youā€™ll haveā€¦
good luck!

I love the risk but Iā€™m not crazy!!

First things first:

80% in MD (risk = 0.8) means it enters an order that will consume 80% of the margin.
Example:
Margin available: $10.000
Leverage: 1:100
0.1 lots of EURUSD consumes $100 of margin so MD will open a 8 lots order to consume 80% of the margin (itā€™s important to say that 8 lots of EURUSD are the equivalent to 800.000 USD). If the order hits the s/l at 50 pips distance youā€™ll loose $3000.

But the risk in MDP is calculated in a different mode and has nothing to do with the MD mode.
Example:
Margin available: $10.000
Leverage: 1:100
NumOrdersLevel = 4
With a risk of 2.5% the first order will be a 1.8 lots and the next 3 would be much smaller because the margin is reduced each time you open a new order.

But if the investment is $10.000 I would put the risk of MD at around 0.2 or 0.3 (max) to start and once you have your investment out I would go to more risky values.

What Iā€™m doing is a bit different.
Imagine I have $10.000 to invest.
Instead of load my account with one single shot of $10.000 Iā€™d feed it slowly and ONLY if needed.

Example:
Iā€™m going to use MDP at 3 to 5% and MD at 80%.
I use them both because they trade at absolutely different times of the day and never cross orders, what makes available the full margin to each entry of each robot.
Iā€™ll load the account with an initial value of $2.500 (25% of the money I have available to invest) what leaves me with $7.500 free and out of the business for now and with zero risk.
And the robots will use the available margin to the max. No money is parked.
I trust MD and give him full throttle but I do not trust that much MDP (but I think it has potential) and I just let him play a bit.
If in the first moves they start to make money they automatically open bigger orders each time (because the available margin rises) and Iā€™d wait until the margin reaches $5.000. After that I would remove from the playground all the money above $5.000.
But if I have the bad luck of lose money in the first move or if the available margin goes below $2.000 I still have $7.500 in the closet to restart a few times.

What I trust and I tried to prove myself with my test is that MD is a systematic winner and even it it loses once it will not lose in the next few times. But is that is going to happen in the future? Who knows? If I knew I wouldnā€™t certainly not be here writing this stuff. I would be at Seychelles enjoying the sun!

Iā€™ll keep you posted!

Or at the very least youā€™d be typing this (one-handedly, because your other hand would hold a tropical coc.ktail) sitting at the beach, with a notebook on your knees. :smiley:

O.

Edit/P.S.: lmao, I had to edit the post, because the forum engine censored the word ā€˜c o c k t a i lā€™ ā€¦ funny forum. :slight_smile: