Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

I was able to grab another 8 pips while driving again but had to close when I got to my next stop.

Oh, signal was over anyway

I realize we don’t have a very long sample size. But so far it is looking like for people who use the half lot trades, they should be making at least $500 a week and up to $2000 per week if they are able to trade all day. After all, the $500 would just be 20 pips per day for 5 days. We’ve been averaging well over 50 pips per day.

1 Like

Man, the stats are nuts!

Some of us made that $500 just today

Here’s the indicator for TV as I understand it.

I’ve added 2 limits to it:

“Minimum Slow Outside Length” tries to filter choppiness, require the slow line to be outside the channel at least this many bars. I use 5 for this.

“Maximum Fast Outside Length” is meant to require the move of the fast line across the channel to take place in less than this number of bars. I thought this would be really good, but it doesn’t seem to help much, just filters a lot of good opportunities. I set mine at 35 which makes it pretty much useless.

/Daryl

4 Likes

I’ve added something new for confluence to the charts… Seems to work decently so far

1 Like

Here’s how it looks with Sessions indicators that I set for 1 hour ahead of the actual beginning of the London and New York sessions.

So this is the same as the EMAs and PSAR that’s mentioned in post 1?

UPDATE: Okay, installed. I see the white, yellow and two green lines. Cool! Green triangle buy, red triangle for sell.

PSAR is separate it seems. Any indicator recommendations. There’s a bunch. I’ll try a few!

1 Like

Right, just the entry conditions. I have a ton of my own settings for exiting. I’m looking for confirmation that I’ve modeled the idea accurately from @AmericanTrader

2 Likes

Hi dastultz

I’m not on Tradingview. I’m MT4. So I can’t test it out.

I was hoping some traders that are could use it and let us know how its working for them. There seems to be a big need for the indicator and we are fortunate you are here and so willing to help.

Based on the chart you shared earlier when trying to code an EA for it I could tell you were very skilled at coding. I bet several in the group will appreciate your work and make use of your indicator.

1 Like

That does sound cool.

I have been looking at the charts with your indicator on and have found that it is repainting i.e. if say the yellow line crosses the green channel inwards at 1 minute and 30 seconds into the 5 minute bar you would get a red sell signal but the signal will disappear if the yellow line crosses back out. This could lead to trades being stopped out if the user takes a trade as soon as the signal appears and not wait for the candle to complete. Is that intended behaviour i.e. trades to be taken only at the close of the candle?

Looks good for me, I will check it in use. Thanks, nice work

It is advised to wait for close of a candle, just like with watching the moving average as price can change in both ways until the closing of 5 min interval.

Took the 15 pips. Waiting to see what the economic news impact is.

Where do you follow economic news dates and times? I only watch forexpeacearmy.com calendar, but sometimes it looks like they miss some big news.

https://www.babypips.com/economic-calendar?week=2023-W01

1 Like

wow much more info here, thanks

1 Like

Both pending Buy orders in triggered and in profit

1 Like