Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Right, just the entry conditions. I have a ton of my own settings for exiting. I’m looking for confirmation that I’ve modeled the idea accurately from @AmericanTrader

2 Likes

Hi dastultz

I’m not on Tradingview. I’m MT4. So I can’t test it out.

I was hoping some traders that are could use it and let us know how its working for them. There seems to be a big need for the indicator and we are fortunate you are here and so willing to help.

Based on the chart you shared earlier when trying to code an EA for it I could tell you were very skilled at coding. I bet several in the group will appreciate your work and make use of your indicator.

1 Like

That does sound cool.

I have been looking at the charts with your indicator on and have found that it is repainting i.e. if say the yellow line crosses the green channel inwards at 1 minute and 30 seconds into the 5 minute bar you would get a red sell signal but the signal will disappear if the yellow line crosses back out. This could lead to trades being stopped out if the user takes a trade as soon as the signal appears and not wait for the candle to complete. Is that intended behaviour i.e. trades to be taken only at the close of the candle?

Looks good for me, I will check it in use. Thanks, nice work

It is advised to wait for close of a candle, just like with watching the moving average as price can change in both ways until the closing of 5 min interval.

Took the 15 pips. Waiting to see what the economic news impact is.

Where do you follow economic news dates and times? I only watch forexpeacearmy.com calendar, but sometimes it looks like they miss some big news.

https://www.babypips.com/economic-calendar?week=2023-W01

1 Like

wow much more info here, thanks

1 Like

Both pending Buy orders in triggered and in profit

1 Like

I just made my first real 13 pips. My goal is 22 pips/day

2 Likes

I’m at 25 right now.

1 Like

profits locked in

I have to learn to let it fly sometimes :smiley: It would be enough profit for the entire day

1 Like

Greetings American Trader, I have been in the Baby Pips community for a long time, however this is the first time I have participated in the forum.

Your strategy caught my attention and I decided to try it in a demo account. I executed a first trade prior to the London session and was pleasantly surprised when shortly after my order hit my take profit.

Assign 8 pips for stop loss and 25 for take profit (risk and reward ratio 3/1) I don’t want my bias to be clouded by just winning one trade, I’ll keep testing and sharing some photocaptures, regards.

2 Likes

Well, letting it ride can take away some profit too. I think there is nothing wrong with closing each day with 22 pips. If you are like me, you do it one way for a while and then another way later.

Today, once again, I will be driving all day starting in a couple of hours. So I just closed both trades and am up 26 pips since starting the trading day an hour ago. If I count in all of my entries, its 50 pips.

Thank you for posting and for giving the strategy a try. I believe every day can be profitable with the strategy. We don’t have a long history with it yet, but I hope it is a safety net against all of the things we worry about.

If news causes wild price swing, we have a short SL.
If large institutional trading firms or liquidity spikes try to take our SLs, we have a short SL.

We are protected against the market and the non-retail traders as much as we can be.

I changed my PSAR settings again on my personal chart. Actually, I have 2 EUR/USD charts open all the time. The second chart is set to 15M.

So the 15M has the previous settings and the 5M is currently my testing chart. The 5M is now set up so the PSAR dots are very close to the outer edges of the green EMAs for fast signals (scalping). The 15M chart is obviously for looking at the longer trend in anticipation of my using longer timeframes for some test trading down the road. Just building data for now.

Sorry about posting too much.
Last one here.

I like my settings for the trading sessions now. Moving London and NY ahead one hour seems to continually show trend beginnings.