Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

@AmericanTrader would you mind sharing your entire strategy here? Indicators, settings, entry and exit criteria… I keep jumping from setting to setting…

@Dragos_MCMXCVII

Can talk about the basic kof strategy and anything that is forex factory forum. But I cannot talk about any proprietary information that comes from a source connected to the material that king of forex sells on his website.

So I think continuing to watch his videos is your best option.

Having said that. The basic kof counter trend system uses a nine ema, a 20, a 50, and a 200.

You are looking for a candle or more than one candle that creates a bigger than average distance from the nine ema. If price is dropping, I wait for the volume indicator to show that the ratio of buyers to sellers is close to 00 and then I enter a buy order. Hopefully, price continues downward and creates even more space between price and the 9 ema. So again you are waiting for ratio of buyers to sellers to be close to 0 zero. Then you enter another buy order. You keep repeating this process until price returns to the 9 EMA and you close if you are in profit. If you are not in profit, you wait until price returns to the 20 EMA. If still not in profit you wait until price returns to the 50 EMA.

If you want to consider filtering out the signals, then you would position yourself so that you are only looking for buy orders when 9 ema is above the 200 EMA and you have good distance between price and the nine ema.

If if you would like to incorporate the psar, the settings I am using on the 1-minute charts are 0.009 and a 0.07. depending on the pair, you may have to adjust the settings a little bit for 5 minutes charts.

If you are trading with the trend, you can look for an entry where the 9 EMA crosses the 200 ema. Stop loss will be just under or just over the 200 ema, and whether you are buying or selling, the stop loss will be on the opposite side. You can then either trail the stop loss at just under the 50 EMA, or just under the psar.

I do still have the 25 / 150 EMA cross set up on all of my charts as well…

3 Likes

Brilliant!
Thanks a lot :beers:

You are absolutely welcome, dragos.

I have still not had one single losing trade since I started this back up again. I know that I am no great forex trader. The system is just that simple.

I still think the countertrend trading is the most fun, by far. But at least now I can run with a trend anytime I want to.

@AmericanTrader
That’s amazing man! I honestly cannot understand how you still haven’t had a losing trade… i guess dollar cost averaging and also taking profits early while counter trading…

1 Like

@Dragos_MCMXCVII
Yes, take your profits. There are plenty of signals. You could have four signals going on simultaneously. There is no reason to have to make all of your money on one or two or three trades for the day.

My account is up 2.3%, in less than 2 weeks using micro lots for entries.

This is still my practice period.

By the end of May, when I am using mini lots, I will actually start trading for the purpose of building my account. By the end of the year, I should be to a point where I can divide it in half and see if I can get my wife to open her own trading account. I then need to teach her how to trade so that when she retires in a year and a half, she will be able to make as much money as she wants. She is not at retirement age herself, but her attorney employer is retiring then.

1 Like

I’m up 5% on my demo for the day, just on EU and around work so all in all not bad. The temptation to go live is serious, but it’s only been about 3 days for testing! :rofl:

1 Like

After 5 years of learning on and off, I still cannot wrap my head around leverage and calculating a trade either :rofl: Just when I think I have it, my brain seems to stop…

2 Likes

Please see my previous post where I got caught in a tough trend and still made a profit. Cost averaging, not using a stop loss, and the mean reversion nature of the forex market is the key. But you can still do it wrong where you run out of buying power in a tough trend. It’s not a magic bullet. Be conservative with your entries. The wins may seem small, considering you’re only putting a fraction of your account in each trade. But when you don’t have many losses, the consistency really pays off. Even a small amount of gains, done consistently, can compound quite a bit. Plug some hypothetical numbers into a compounding calculator for perspective.

1 Like

Anyone actively trading these strategies in the UK? If so, where from?

1 Like

I was stuck in a 2 hour counter trade. Down 50 pips for a lot of it.
I just closed with a profit on 4 of the 6 entries.

Eur/Usd

2 Likes

Market is a bit choppy at the moment.

@rocktrucker

Yup. Looks like I’m in my 2nd long one.

There we go 4-0.

I know KoF doesn’t like to trade the first few hours of the market. I’ve done ok though.

I have a rare opportunity to trade after 10am est today, So I hope to get a few more in then.

Feel the same when I actually started trading it.

Looks like some of us have new avatars thingys.

I like fire, @AmericanTrader likes lightning, and @TWILS0 like 1 min charts. Haha or something else.

1 Like

You try the position size calculator here? There’s no leverage setting but you could kinda make that happen by fudging the numbers.

It’s quite a ride, isn’t it?

@SurprisedMoose

I love it, Moose. Knowing its just a matter of time until I profit and seeing it happen after 2 hours makes it even sweeter.

Not sure I would feel the same way with a 7 hour trade though.

1 Like