Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

@AmericanTrader

I’ve been thinking the same (nothing else to do). Just need to reach to a point where I have a bigger account. Will certainly love to just build my position even if takes weeks and let it make profits when tides turn.

Yes. Usd/jpy pays off for AT!

1 Like

How many separate positions do you have open at a time?

About 8 positions at different intervals

Ah good stuff.

For those that are running multiple positions, how did you change your overall risk management, like position sizing or total % risk of your balance? Does it end up working out to about the same when you weren’t running so many positions?

@samewise

I suggest considering making trade size to 1/10th of what you would normally enter because you could be making 10 entries before getting into profit.

1 Like

It was another good morning of trading. I’m noticing that my average daily profit has been extremely consistent. Now it’s june, so time to ramp it up a little bit

By the way, I stopped counting the consecutive wins. I know those don’t mean much because the next loss is always right around the corner, but it’s got to be over 200 in a row by now.

1 Like

I’ve also been focusing on the pairs that use the least margin. Having good success with those, even though most of them require me to go to the five m time frame.

1 Like

My EURUSD trade(s) is finally turning around! 36 and 26 pips in profit. Sometimes it just takes some patience, right?!?

1 Like

My dumb butt didn’t think to do that on my first go around a couple weeks back. Oh boy did my margin available get low. Again, its always a learning experience.

1 Like

GBPJPY is 30 pips in profit. I was a little worried about that one considering where price was sitting, breaking out of a longer term channel.

@samewise

That is so good to hear! Way to go.

Thanks for this share! I have a couple of questions for you.

Are you using any other confluence or just the white ema cross at the 2 green lines? I see u have the psar indicator too.

I tried this strategy but got stopped out a fair bit back and forth.

How are u exactly entering and where u place your SL? Thanks!

@pleb79

It’s all opinion and your preference. A lot of people do it differently. So here’s my opinion.

For the channel strategy the very best signals are the yellow EMA crossing over the bottom green ema or the yellow EMA crossing below the upper green ema.

When you are selling, the stop loss would be just a few Pips above the upper green EMA. When buying, the stop loss would be just below the lower green EMA.

If your stop loss gets hit, the loss is minimal and you will probably want to re-enter as soon as it shows that the trend really is beginning.

Or. A bigger stop loss using this alternative:

An alternative, which I would use, is taking advantage of the pullback by placing another trade entry where your stop loss would have been and cost averaging it into a win.

1 Like

I noticed KOF mentioning the EMA and the 1% strategy. Anyone know the difference between the 2?

1 Like

@TWILS0

Yes. But due to copyright we cannot disclose details of the 1% strategy. You have to buy it from his website. The EMA strategy is public, so we can discus that all we want.

1 Like

1% strategy is rules based trying to catch a big trend and add to winning positions. You’ll have loads of losers and hopefully big winners that come out above the losses. I’m sceptical

2 Likes

Definitely smart if you’re opening like 10 positions at a time!

1 Like

Hello @froghunter
I don’t enter trades manually I have automatic MT4 scripts for placing new trades and closing trades as well. I don’t have control over the lot size, as it is calculated automatically using various metrics such as stop loss and equity. This process is automatic as I don’t enter trades manually, but I execute them using scripts.

WooHoooo!

Thank you euro/usd for that nice juicy big green candle.

1 Like