Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

I know right? I went with the trend when it started. Switched at the top and rode it down to the 20 EMA for a little more profit.

I’m working on switching back and forth from trend to counter-trend.

Three positions max is all I’m doing. If I can’t bring it back into profit by then I cut it.

1 Like

@SurprisedMoose

Beautiful!

You had the pain, now it’s time for the gain.

1 Like

Looking at the H1 and D1 is still paying big dividends before entering EMA strategy trades. Many charts are at the low/oversold levels during a long upward overall trend.

Easy money.

No fear. Only anticipation of profit.

Monday trades - good.
Tuesday trades - good.
Wednesday trades - will be good.

1 Like

My EURUSD is finally turning around, unfortunately, juicy red candles. FINALLY in profit, 45 pips! It’s been almost a week holding on so I’m super happy.

1 Like

@samewise

Don’t you feel like you learn so much when a trade stays open that long? I think it’s a real eye-opener and it increases my confidence. Even though it’s so annoying.

Always rooting for you to have big profits!

Time to let it ride on Eur/Usd long?

I closed out 3 positions for 50 pips. Lets see where it stands in a few hours.

I set a SL at 1 pip profit. Probably gets hit.

1 Like

@AmericanTrader
Do you trade the new York open or wait later in the day to place trades

@Art_prentice

I kind of have no choice but to trade the London session before I go to work. Every once in awhile I am able to stay home and trade the first hour or so of the New York session. If I could choose to, I would trade the first 5 hours of the New York session every day.

After my official trading was done for the day, I let an EA open a couple of positions for 0.01 lots each on gbp/jpy. I’m down about $2 right now. There was a time I could have closed them with 40 cents profit but maybe I’ll just let them run for the rest of the month. I’ve been down $100 on 02 lot trades before. So as long as these don’t go down $20 or so I think I’ll just let them ride see what happens.

It’s training for how I will do some more things in the future.

1 Like

Set my TP for over 2,000 pips.

Maybe I’ll add positions here and there.

It is when I have time to watch a bit more. And you can watch price bounce around key levels. I’m still trying to figure out if I’m getting lucky some days or what. Guess I just need to keep trading, watch my risk management, gain more trading experience.

1 Like

EURO USD. Morning profits :slightly_smiling_face:. Very low risk 0.01 lots

1 Like

Another massive profits GBP USD. The pipsprofit is negative since I had also traded AUD USD.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Now AUD USD has also reached 200 EMA. Big candles big profits

1 Like

So USD strength likely as NY opens.

I was caught up in a downtrend but finally the trades have turned into profits. The advantage of trading based on higher timeframe, it gave me hope that the price will move on my side.

@callin

Worked out great.

*I have some trades in process based on weekly charts. Don’t even have to worry about if they are in profit or not for several days. Micro lot entries with option to add entries on the pullbacks.

Easy to see the trends.

@AmericanTrader
That’s great; holding trades based on a higher timeframe is a real deal. I have realized I have been exiting winning trades early instead of riding with the trend. I am going to try the “let your profits run” approach to maximize profits based on a higher timeframe. I will make updates on how it goes; hopefully, it’s gonna be fun :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Big candles, big profits! I can now relax; it has been a great experience. Let’s keep winning and continue learning, as trading is a career.

I have found some useful information regarding trading with the trend and reversals. Let me share them; hopefully, you’ll find them helpful. https://www.tradingwithrayner.com/50-day-moving-average/
https://www.tradingwithrayner.com/trend-reversal-trading-strategy/

1 Like

@callin

It is fun.
i have to be careful to keep a lot of pairs available for scalping too. There are still plenty of pairs that have higher spreads that I can do daily and weekly trading on.

At some point, I still see me having trades open for weeks/months in the future.