Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

@Vaczak
Yes. I find I can go to the euro/jpy one minute and get 20 pips almost everyday. Even with a couple of little losses in there. Of course there are many 50 to 100 pip days doing it too!

1 Like

@AmericanTrader are you still experimenting with emas or you use the 80-20-6 exponential version for 1 min chart?

@Vaczak
On the euro/jpy yes. Still using the 80 20 6. I am relying heavily on a 50 Icompass or follow the line indicater too though.

You know, the one that changes color when the trend reverses. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a half dozen similar indicators on trading view.

1 Like

@AmericanTrader I also added 200 ema for some more data, if price is above only a buy is option, if below I place only sell positions. Maybe fewer opportunities, but a bit on the secure side.

2 Likes

Well that was a giant red candle on EURUSD!

Mad! There hasnā€™t been much of a possible breakout after that news until now on it? Dow is down though which strengthens the dollar.

1 Like

@Vaczak thatā€™s good. Itā€™s a very popular strategy. By the way, Iā€™m enjoying making more pips as we speak.

1 Like

Got my 5 pips on EURUSD!

3 Likes

You could either have two screens going one with trading view and one with MT4 with the isignal or minimize mt4 and have trading view in one screen, etc, etc or could you try 30 second time frames or less for microscalping on TV? I have MT4 minimized for the buy and sell data that it gives. I find it pretty useful as most people donā€™t see this type of level 2 data for forex. Thanks to @AmericanTrader for this.

I have my 20 pips for the day. As always, since Iā€™m out and driving Iā€™m not going to be able to enter more trades and take more risks

@Vaczak hey I just wanted to say that that is part of the reason I use the 80 emas. I try to only buy when itā€™s above them.

1 Like

Some nice moves on EURUSD the last couple hours.

1 Like

Hey Daryl does your indicator have anything ā€œalertā€ built in? If I click the alert button in TV at the top, and select your indicator as ā€œconditionā€ theres an option for "Any alert function callā€™. Will that do anything?

Or do I manually set alerts for the fast and slow emas crossing the upper and lower green emas?

Yes, ā€œAny alert function callā€ should do it. On January 12 I added the alert functions. You should check to be sure you have the latest version.

/Daryl

Yup, just got an alert a little bit ago. Itā€™s working great!

I Compass on USD/JPY 5M

Provided me good trade signals.

Ride it up on Green
Ride it down on Pink

I have it set to ā€œ21ā€ for this pair on 5M

1 Like

Here is how it looks on my Eur/Usd 5M - set to ā€œ25ā€

13 pips on EURUSD just now. Itā€™s movin and shakin!

2 Likes

Hey @AmericanTrader whatā€™s your trading window again? London and NY session only?

@samewise

Yup.

Since I get up early for the London, I canā€™t stay up for Sidney and Asian.

1 Like