Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

Ok, you are declaring trades after the fact.

If you post your trades as you execute them, I am betting your trading won’t look so good.

I am suggesting that it is easy to confuse “after the fact” trade calls with fake trades.

@silverf466
Yes, I understood that.

It’s just beautiful. Wish I was home to have traded the upswing.

I caught it… I made sixty pips and pocketed a ton of cash.

You snooze, you lose.

$$$$$$$$$$$_____

Yes! Well done silver.

What happened?

1 Like

Usd/Jpy buy: Win 20 pips

1 Like

Pending order placed for possible PSAR change if there is a downtrend for Usd/Jpy 5M. Its still going up for now, so may not happen. I’ll adjust it a few times and delete if it takes too long for price to come down.

Daily chart suggests downward movement over next few days

Hey.
I like this. I am professional coder and learning trading for passion.

I see the thread but it’s a loooonnnggggg one. I read the start and try the strategy. It’s seem very good.
So i want to ask if you could just briefly describe the strategy here with improvements you make. I want to try to code it. First for mt4 and later maybe as a signal of tradingview.
I would be sharing the code and would be great if someone can also improve it.
This way we can also rapidly improve something

Looking forward for your response.

Thk and happy trading

@Gopy01
Welcome Gopy.

Thanks for visiting and posting.

No changes to original strategy, but I have expanded it to the other major pairs., both on 1M and 5M charts.

Also, we do have a Tradingview indicator:EMA Channel Cross — Indicator by kungfumachinist — TradingView

I could use one for MT4 if you are going to make one.

Other than that. I suspect many on the forum have made their own adjustments to the strategy, such as filters to try and eliminate weaker signals.

I am enjoying using PSAR primarily on 1M charts too. Set to 0.009 / 0.07 for beginners and 0.0009/ 0.07 for more experienced traders.

Some of us have also included the Octopus Nest strategy as a companion to the Channel strategy. You can find videos on YouTube for that one.

Looking forward to any time you visit here.

2 Likes

Hi AmericanTrader,

Does the daily open line or daily pivot have any influence on your trading decisions?

Many thanks for your feedback.

@noccin

No. For scalping I find it irrelevant. I loosely identify scalping as use of the 1 and 5 minute time frames. But we do let those trades run on this system so I understand it’s not really scalping. But nonetheless, you could choose to scalp with the system.

@noccin

A great example of scalping instead of letting it run is my closing early on that USD / JPY trade. Looks like I have another 50 pips in my pocket if I let it run.

EURUSD short trade open right now.

1 Like

@samewise
That looks like it was a nice signal. I had to go to work so of course I missed it :frowning:

Easy 10 pips!

1 Like

This screenshot is a keeper.

3 Likes

Another signal for a short.

It’s bounced off 1.07 8 times in the last 4 hours.

This is about all you could ever ask for if you were using PSAR system on usd/jpy. Ignore the pending trade order that may never happen it’s just that steady upward rise in price all morning. Never challenging the PSAR level.

I need to take more days off.

1 Like