Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

I have been writing C language programs for 32 years, and I have been writing metatarded programs for 18 years (since it was released to the general public in 2005).

It is literally impossible that you will ever create a defined strategy that can automate the trading of the indicator(s) in this thread.

The op has clearly stated that he is unable to read the indicator and to determine exactly when to enter or exit a trade. He says that he has to eyeball it and to sort of guess as to where to enter and exit trades. In order to create an automated system you cannot with our modern computers define guessing and eyeballing, unless of course you have some kind of advanced API access at CHATGPT.

Regards,

Negative Nancy.

1 Like

I deleted my usd/jpy pending sell order. Not enough momentum to make me go in on it

Yeah. How to close trades it was a challenge. I would use ATR to add stop loss and take profit. Or maybe psar. But enter a trade is clear no?

1 Like

Thanks again for your input.

For quite some time I have had the daily open line and daily pivot on the chart, and being using them as a filter. As a result there were fewer trades and some excellent missed opportunities. As of tomorrow I will trade without them and see how it fits into my plan.

Thanks again.

@noccin
Wishing you much success.

Just remember, Iā€™m only a trader like you. Trying to get better. I offer suggestions and opinions. I throw in examples of my own experience as well.

We may have traders on the forum that make a lot of use of daily open and close levels.

2 Likes

Well there is entry function via the Trading View indicator and exit if you want to use it. AT and many others sometimes just like to keep an eye on it and make a judgement call of their own before the signal is triggered and thatā€™s fine too, itā€™s all personal choice. Coding could most probably automate this strategy if used in confluence with other indicators and used with the Octopus Nest strategy, etc, etc, but thatā€™s not my expertise? I made the candle hollow so that I can see the 14 EMA line as it can get lost when you have all the indicators on.

If you want the trend line that AT uses on MT4 that turns red or green as it flows you can use this indicator on TV, Bull Trading Easy MTF Sys v.3.0 .

2 Likes

Have you been using a strict psar change (like first buy marker) or have you been using it like defined in octopus?

On the one minute chart I was using the strict PSAR change.

I donā€™t know this for a fact but everyday I look at the charts it looks like if I did nothing but enter on the PSAR change for a couple of hours I would have a big winner and maybe a couple of small losses. If I did it all morning, which for me is 3:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., I think everyday would be a good winner.

What is a psar?

Thereā€™s a magnifying glass at the top of the screen, right side. Click that, then check the box for ā€œSearch this topicā€ and then enter PSAR. You get all the times ā€œPSARā€ is mentioned here, plus the post #. PSAR was first discussed in the first post and plenty of other places.

Enjoy!

Can I make money with that psar, because I am interested.

There are a few strategies including this one that if you use them as theyā€™re meant to be used, yes.

Take a look at YouTube psar strategies if this one doesnā€™t fit your personality.

I never really even paid much attention to it until recently, but Iā€™ve seen the value of it.

Have you read the School of Pipsology? If youā€™re a super beginner, start there.

I just got here and my friend told me that I could make some money here.

Yea man, best to take it slow. Start with the fake money, learn the foundations, get a demo account, trade this system, AND THEN, think about the real thing.

Thereā€™s so much to unpack when Iā€™ve missed a couple days and forget to go back and read the older comments. Iā€™ll have a look at all the other indicators you guys are running.

Also, you guys turned me on to EUR/JPY recently. Wasnā€™t really in my basket, but now Iā€™m charting along!

I dont mess around with counterfeiting money.

1 Like

@rocktrucker How has that been going? This morning on twitter was the first time I ever heard of that indi

I heard that you can catch a virus at there.