Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

This is what I am seeing too. I like to stagger my tps at 20 and 50 and sometimes close out there. I’m finding the 200 won’t get targeted during the strong trends.

2 Likes

It was 32 years last week. 8 years gained in a couple days. Astounding.

1 Like

You seem to be so proud you ONLY know how to code C language. This must mean that you are the smartest person in the world and that no one else here knows how to code. So smart that you do not understand how to code this indicator which is a simple couple lines of code…

if ema14 < upperema32 = sell.
if ema14 > lowerema32 = buy.
if ema6 < lower32 = sell.
if ema6 > upperema32 = buy.

I won’t give my code since I wonder if that is what you are after? If so you should be able to code it with the conditions above that have been stated in the first post and multiple times throughout (I haven’t even read the whole thread and just started trying it out last week, I may not have been completely successful but that would be because of me not having the patience to enter and exit all the many smaller signals it gives). I coded this indicator in pine script fully decked out with colour changing lines, alerts, colour changing bars and arrows to show entry is around 30 lines.

Edit: I also did this in like 10 mins and proceeded to add RSI and a number of other things to it.

3 Likes

Well that’s not entirely accurate… I have been programming for 40 years, but I began programming C language in 1991 which is 32 years ago.

Prior to C language I originally learned how to program in basic and then assembler.

Did you have any more questions?

I do rather enjoy C language. If you ask around it is the fastest language and it is the most precise number crunching language available.

The language that is built into metatrader is actually a very nice interpretation of C language that includes trading functions, which means that when I began programming meta trader in 2005 I already had 14 years of hardcore C programming experience under my belt.

Those little pine script toy languages that you’re writing in that’s a bunch of nonsense and I have zero interest in your moving average indicator that takes four lines to produce.

Moving averages always disappoint traders eventually.

A quote from the investopedia page:

• Like most forms of technical analysis, moving averages are based on past price moves and do not forecast the future.

Are you actually suggesting that I don’t know how to calculate a moving average? Are you kidding? A two-year-old can calculate a moving average.

If I wanted to use a moving average, I would write my own from scratch in metatrader or in C language, assuming that that’s okay with you.

For the record, and you can ask around if you don’t believe me that moving averages ALWAYS disappoint traders in the end.

Anybody who posted more than 5 times in this thread knows this. It’s a lagging indicator.

Do yourself a favor and just add the indicators on your own, and trade the crosses or you’ll end up on everybody’s ignore list (yea they have those here) and you’ll be talking to the wind.

BTW, that is not actually a profitable trading strategy.

I promise you that if you play something that simple, you will lose big.

If trading was that simple, I want to promise you that everybody that has a master’s in mathematics would be driving a fleet of Ferraris.

Try again.

ALL of the free basic indicators are lagging, they are all based on moving averages.

By the way I do enjoy following this thread, and I did not learn in this thread that moving averages are useless to traders.

Moving averages are an average of the past and they do not predict the future.

See my link from investopedia above.

Well actually that’s not accurate either…

Let me see… I’ve written php, java, lisp, python, assembler, go, but my favorite is always going to be C language.

I seem to have stepped on your ego a little bit, my apologies. You literally asked what the signal the people in this thread are entering on and it is those exact 4 lines of code you cannot seem to comprehend because you refuse to care about them, which is fine. But no matter how many times you ask that question these 4 lines of codes are the answer. This thread is about taking these 4 lines of code and modifying them to fit your style.

I have already said I don’t use this system because it doesn’t fit my trading style but I can acknowledge that it may be a good fit for someone else.

I mentioned pine script because that is what TradingView uses and I chart on TradingView because I think it is easier on the eyes. Don’t you worry I know C as well, including plenty of other languages because you “surprise” might not be the only dev (I am assuming you are a dev?) that trades FX.

I am sure most of the people here know it is a lagging indicator. If not than when they scroll to the bottom of this thread, they will now. No one here is claiming this to be a magic signal with no effort on the part of the trader.

2 Likes

Yes, according to this post here. After 40 years of programming, you do not understand how to code 4 lines of moving average crossovers.

All I’m saying is you can dislike MAs but they exist because people have found them useful. When you learn about MAs in all the educational materials I have read it is mentioned they are lagging and have many drawbacks. This is not new knowledge for most people.

You can however prompt discussion in more constructive ways without making yourself sound like a stuck up better than everyone know it all.

My first post on here was saying this strategy did not work for me and gave reasons why. All you do is say why won’t anyone tell me their secret on how to trade and MAs are useless. That you can’t understand the entry signal and ignore the 4 lines that actually are the entry signal.

Also why don’t you share your trading strategy instead? Start a constructive conversation. I enjoy learning and incorporating new ideas into my own strategy.

Try to be a nicer person and maybe more people will like you in real life and the internet. Cheers :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Would you like to take a look at my work? I would just need your word that you wouldn’t share it with anybody.

I don’t have metatrader unfortunately. I also wouldn’t be comfortable doing things in secret so unless it is openly discussed I will have to decline.

Let me know.

I can take a look at it, if you like.

Hey super donkey! Do you have any experience doing beta testing of commercial grade software?

I tested some video games at gamecon, is that ok?

Just be careful. If you have to install or run any exe files. Could be malicious software.