Scalping strategy to finish the year strong

:face_with_monocle: It seems you have removed your comment about meta trader and windows system. I was quite intrigued by the possibility. Anyway, did you know that Meta Trader software company is located in CYPRUS?? :astonished: I never used MT4 or MT5 before and I donā€™t think I ever will. I am just going to stick with ā€˜Made in the good old USAā€™. :sweat_smile:

@froghunter

After giving it some consideration, I decided that it was maybe not appropriate to put that in this thread and so I moved it to the tech tools section.

Iā€™m not sure what the significance is about Cyprus and meta traderā€¦ I did read some stuff some long time ago that Cyprus is a hotbed for forex scams but Iā€™m just sort of talking out of my you know what right now I donā€™t really know what youā€™re getting at.

Either way Iā€™m glad you liked my post and I realized that there is a checkbox it is located in your metatrader terminal under tools and options and letā€™s see expert advisors allow dll imports and guess what mine is checked so if I had a a nefarious EX4 in my computer it would be able to do this I think I may be right about this.

I wonder if there are people doing this right now using it to steal bitcoins from people or whatever?

It is possible that if this is a real thing and word gets out it could scare traders into not using metatrader which is sad because I love programming meta trader.

Cyprus along with the Seychelles, St Martin, Grenadines Vanuatu all have loosely regulated Financial institution lawsā€¦ Hotbeds for scams, money laundering and here one day, gone the next CFD Market Brokersā€¦

Yes, any Algorithmā€™s that are compiled (encrypted!), require Dll (Dynamic link library) access to your system can be a Trojan horse for all sorts of malicious logic, code and whatever else a hacker might have an interest inā€¦

[Robot(TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.Full)]

[Indicator(IsOverlay = false, TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]

I develop strategies for the Ctrader Platform (C#) which unfortunately is not available in the US (surprise!) and makes MT4/5 look like an old school relicā€¦

But if you are using the MetaTrader Platform MT4/5ā€¦ And trading via an unregulated Brokerā€¦ That should be the least of your concernsā€¦ See Belowā€¦

Anyone using the Metatrader Product should watch this videoā€¦

The amount of YouTube videoā€™s discussing this Plugin that have been removed over the past 7-8 years is frighteningā€¦ Donā€™t believe me? Have a look at this thread over at Forex Factoryā€¦

So many here have no idea what and who they are dealing withā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for the video link. Trends.

I consider trading as my self-employed business. My business needs to be safe and secure. So I am using a regulated broker. I worry that people using brokers out of third world locations are one day going to request a withdrawal only to find out their account no longer exists. After all, if they are willing to manipulate anything, they could be skimming funds from everyoneā€™s accoutns.

Good job being cautious!

much though Trendswithbenefits and i have disagreed about one or two things in the past, his post just above is one of the most important, most relevant and potentially most helpful posts in the entire forum (if people are only willing to take it seriously and think and take some action about it, with regard to their own trading)

thanks, Trendswithbenefits

This is the only trading journal that Iā€™ve ever seen where we donā€™t actually open trades but are still able to close them.

Translation: go figure

Good luck this week everyone

1 Like

@jdtradesfx
Nice start.

Thanks JD

1 Like

@AmericanTrader

Would you mind describing for us why that trade was entered according to that indicator and also could you tell us when that trade will be closed according to that indicator?

Thank you

Oh, here we goā€¦:roll_eyes:

Trade was closed at TP.

The entry signal is described in the first post.

Again, nothing owed.

Now I really donā€™t get it and Iā€™ve been programming for 40 years unlike the op so if I donā€™t get it itā€™s hard to get.

:man_shrugging:t2: sorry. Donā€™t know what else to tell you. Simple MA cross.

All Iā€™m asking for is could you please rephrase and explain to me again why you entered that trade based on that indicator and why you exited that trade based on that indicator?

Entered short when the 14 crossed the 32.

Exited at TP, not per indicator.

2 Likes

Sunday trading. Hunting a few pips.

Win: 2.5 pips Eur/Usd buy

1 Like

Win: 4 pips on Usd/Jpy buy

1 Like

Win Eur/Jpy buy 11 pips.

16 minutes of Sunday trading for 17 pips. Should have let that Eur/Usd run for 25 pips.

Donā€™t do what I do :crazy_face:

Iā€™m perfectly happy with 3 little wins and no losses on a Sunday.

1 Like

Green is good

1 Like

This is going to be an interesting week. Best of luck to all.

1 Like