Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

thenx for that i will be waiting for the charts

Weā€™ll, if you want to get all Tom Williamsy on me lolā€¦he also says ā€œThe market does not like wide spread up barsā€ ā€¦meaning SM doesnā€™t chase price, they want it to come back for a test/retrace and it could bring supply etc.

I donā€™t trade the same as Williams, others donā€™t have to trade the same as meā€¦we are taking about nuances and probabilities here. Other things to consider such as what R;R you might want/where to place your stop. Whatā€™s to your left as far as supply, do you want to risk buying into it etc etcā€¦all just probabilities to weigh out and decide. Having said that, I have narrowed down the method to ā€œbetter tradesā€ overall imo. A safer starting point until you can use your judgement some.

A bit if a buzz in here nowā€¦I like to see the desire to learn to get me motivated to help. :slight_smile: Maybe Iā€™ll make another video soon or sumptin.

Pete, if you could make more of your trading journal videos, that would be great :wink:

Congrats man. I saw this trade and failed to take it.

The confirmation of the no demand bar was an upwick and suggested that it was about to head down again for another period of accumulation.

Basically scared myself out of it. Was this a proper reaction, or did I really miss out on a a perfect signal? Happy weekend all.

Hi,

Pete, you r spot on again :59:

Hi pete!

Sorry if this qns has been asked before, but does it apply to the higher TF like 4hr?

thanks!

thank you petefader, you share a good strategy here.

Pete. Whats your thoughts on backtesting VSA? clearly there are no lagging or repainting indicators so surely we could backtestin MT4 to learn alot faster.They would be like like foward testing but just without knowing when news occurs.

Edit

Nevermind it cant be done. You need multiple time frames which you can do with period converter but volume doesnā€™t update on more than 1 time frame.

I guess I just need to look back in time on the real chart even though future price is shown. I wanted to test my understanding of strength and weakness to predict future movement without the future already being shownā€¦ :frowning:

I gotta peak in and thank pete for this thread. Im not trading the same strategy but adding the volume analysis to my price action scalping on the 1 min has really put it over the top. Its amazing what you can predict when checking volumeā€¦

I disagree! I think the onus is on the newer guys to offer up their analysis, if they want to learn itā€™s them that needs to make the effort, give the man a fish and all that :wink:

EDIT:
It is a forum after all rather than a paid for service :wink:

Yes, as students it is to our benefit to go through a lengthy learning process rather than be spoon fed a methodology from the start.

That said, it would be great to see Mr Petefader post more chartsā€¦ say, editing and critiquing the charts posted for analysis?

BTW - thank you petefader for all of your time and effort. Iā€™ve been lurking for a couple of months while I did the required reading & videos (both twice), attended your last webinar, and started demo trading this month with great results thanks to your generosity.

watching the videos again and again is really helping so its about waiting for the right set up al try post charts this week with the principles in this thread

Id appreciate some help on this one guys. Lost out on what I thought was a decent setup. Totally psychologically impairing :frowning:

AUDUSD trade last week - between 12th and 14th of March I thought this was a pattern of accumulation:

Above is the 1HR chart, at the point labelled ā€œentryā€ I thought would serve a decent point of resistance.

Above is the 5M chart of my entry point labelled on the 1HR. NS entry. Each blue circle I thought was a retest of this area of demand, each time with lower volume, to which I thought meant less selling activity, and was sure of a decent markup. Unfortunately, after the 3rd blue circle the price was marked down alot more, before we see a markup.

There must have been something wrong with my analysis, something indicating ongoing weakness in the background, which I just cant seem to spot. Where are the clues??

I donā€™t think it was a bad setup. Thereā€™s no immediate resistance on the chart, and I may have taken the same trade.

But I learned the hard way last week, waiting for a bullish 1HR confirmation before entry will save a lot of heartache. The LONG term trend was a significant downward channel if I remember correctly, and taking a long without a a bullish 1HR was ā€œcatching a falling knifeā€ as it were.

Donā€™t let it get you down. Looks like you are playing it correctly, but confirmation will save the day!

You nailed it LATech,
To get a much higher probability, you needed to wait for the close of the next 1hr candle. The highest volume was not the push down tot he resistance either. The next candle on lower volume was.
Yes, it did look quite good and clear on the 5min chart with volume in the right areas etc, but in effect, Petes method is trading the 1hr chart - so looking at the possibility of a setup on the 1hr, then going into the 5min after you have found what you want on the 1hr, to get the entry on the 5min.

Honestly, there are not huge opportunities - you wont get many multiples per day, but when they come, they will be high probability.

i tink we are on reaccumulation phaseā€¦or wat do you tink?@all

Iā€™m bullish on EU :slight_smile: Hope to bank some :slight_smile:

P/S: lol it goes up like crazy :59:

well youā€™re lucky.

Yea lol :59:

Luiz knows exactly what heā€™s doing because he put the time in and heā€™s smart.
I went with a/u because it was at fibā€¦oh well lol.