Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Hi amicotrader…

Before being so quick to judge, please see this post by Clint. I think it’ll provide answers to a lot of your statements :slight_smile:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/38202-volume-forex-market-4.html#post246891

SanJ

Why dignify such ignorant garbage with a reply?

We all know the one who laugh last, laughs loudest, go back to your hole amicowhatever.

More pudding anyone?

Could someone please explain why the above setup should not be taken if it was a little higher in the Fib zone?

A bit tricky that IMO, you’re talking about a hypothetical setup, it’s tricky enough analysing real ones, the thing is it’s not just the fact the it may be higher up, it may be a completely different kettle of fish, but one thing it may be is that it would be a more rangy setup, as opposed to a trend continuation.

Is there any validity to swing volume? I capture this before the down move today. I was expecting a fall… I am already short from some time ago so I let it go. Needless to say I am new to VSA.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Are you meaning in relation to swing trading? I’m not sure if there is anyone here that can answer that, or would want to! The reason I say that is that we tend to stick to shorter term trades, I cant see swing trading working in conjunction with VSA.

I meant to say the amount of volume per leg. Average volume per leg or “swing”. As in looking at the recent up and down moves and the average volume relationship between them. THe “Spread” in this case would the entire swing and not just 1 bar.

The point I have a problem with is that in the video Pete describes how the trend is at risk of reversing if this setup was in the Fib zone. However, we know that a trend continuation is also likely when it reaches the Fib zone. So I am not sure why the contradiction here. I know Pete tries to explain in the video but I just don’t get it.

I think you mean when I was talking about buying into the fib area…went to a different topic and wasn’t clear about it. Don’t worry about it. Fibs zone mean potential reversal, is the point.

Ok thats fine thanks for clarifying that Pete

Anyone who posts in here saying the Earth is flat will be blocked, along with anyone who says tick volume is useless. :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s that ridiculous to me and others here, because we have proof. This is how I make my living for God’s sake. These naysayers are “repeaters”. People who just repeat what they hear.

Just to be clear, it’s not the volume of trades from the broker. It’s a measurement of ticks, AKA price change activity. The term “Volume” refers to the amount of activity, just like volume refers to the amount of decibels for sound. Volume = amount.

The price changes are very similar from broker to broker, that’s why the charts look the same. When smart money positions…ahh watch the videos lol.

I beg to differ!!!

No seriously, yesterday for a couple of reasons I decided to trade using Oanda MT4, I wanted to try something out, and I did so live!! I have gotten to the stage where I can tinker and tweak my/this VSA strategy live without it being a risk, well a big risk anyway. Oanda volumes are more extreme, the lows are lower and the highs higher, so with that I wanted to see if I could scalp the bllcks out the 5 min chart and using nothing else, look - it may well not be for the inexperienced, I was applying everything I know and learnt from petefader, Master The Markets, and a few nuances that I use personally, but this is what my results looked liked +12 , -13, +18, +2, +8, +18, +31. I still use their web based platform for trade execution though, and my chart looks like I’ve been at it with a machine, it actually looks like a newbie has had a bit of beginners luck trying to trade! So I’m not going to post it up, it’s not of any value.

Maybe the naysayers should start their own VSA thread - Vampire Suckers Anonymous might be a suggestion they want to take on board.

But what they don’t get is that as we get more experienced in trading we learn to read the whole story, for example, a very narrow spread up bar can be taken as an NS in the right place since on some other broker’s MT4 it may well be a narrow spread down bar, like they say one big down bar doesn’t necessarily make a pub crawl.

Oh and one more thing - Flat Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only reason why men fail is broken focus-mike murdock

its important that we focus on the strategy on this thread i would advise newbies like me to stick to the setups taught in this thread for consistency and profitability am still learning and its working

Hello,

I trade with Oanda, please can you explain the implication for VSA … lows are lower and the highs are higher…? This is much appreciated. Thanks

looks like EURUSD is preparing for short…what do you think?

I think SM will use NEWS to mislead herd from selling…time will tell…that just my opinion

A high volume spike for instance will be more prominent on Oanda MT4, but it doesn’t necessarily make trading easier.

another day, must be pure luck since we know volume ain’t working;)

it’s 9:30 my time, and i’m off:29:

it wasnt and easy trade to spot i let is pass i guess that was a redistribution