Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Pete, how many trades on average you get on daily bases, with yout 1Hr VSA setup?

By 1hr setup, not sure if your asking specifically about 1hr confirmation entries or simply taking a 5 min setup in the direction of the 1hr phase, or ahead of a 1hr close confirmation. Obviously I do all. On average I take 1 trade per day meaning sometimes 2, sometimes none etc.

ā€¦heh, itā€™s aready at fib.

Thank you, you answered on my question.

does this work for 1 min time frame

as you see eur-usd-30 m chart is uptrend from my vision

and enter with NS indications as you see in chart,so any comments

Technically those are NS. The first one is at a time of day when things are slow, setups may not play out. I usually donā€™t trade after 16 gmt.

I like to wait for a close above the potential NS to enter, your second example gives a very wide spread up bar as the confirmation bar to enter. As you probably know, that can mark weakness and the end of the trending move, so I wouldnā€™t go long there.

Are you jumping around from one source to another in your education? Iā€™m teaching a particular method here that you might want to learn without distraction for a while. I donā€™t use the 30 min much, not for entry setups personallyā€¦I know who recently said he did though lol. Still waiting for an answer on that FF thread? lolā€¦babypips is much better friend.

Master the Markets is obviously aimed at the shares market rather than FX and because this many things donā€™t apply and it can get a little confusing. For one thing, does gapping up/down on low volume go on in FX? I generally see only high volume when a trend is coming to an end.

I second that, thinking too far ahead tends to cloud your judgment and you start acting on preconceptions and expectations, no good in Forex trading.

Totally agree Purple, many temptations in Forex (in lower Tf too). For me, trading on higher TF means less trading opportunities, more reliable setups and higher profits. But I believe it really depends on your personality, experiences and maybe particular period of your life as a trader.

Anyway, setups are the same, trading principles remain the same on all TFā€™s.

i am checking out accumulation indicator of ibfxā€¦and am suprise to see dat this is very usefull in vsa ā€¦to identify wat ever phase we are onā€¦just follow the indicators directionā€¦e.gā€¦assuming the market is going up and the indicator is going down just knw that we are on distrbution or re distributionā€¦av been lookin at it since frm chart history and i tink for now i will give it a shootā€¦just trying to help.

Oh, by experiences I mean lower TF - more experiences :slight_smile:

Good call on the fib rejection Protekstā€¦too bad Iā€™m not in it lol, slept in todayā€¦maybe a double top and another chance Monday (doubt it lol).

Personally I donā€™t think about gaps, but yep there are differences with spot fx. As far as I know, Iā€™m the only person who trades tick activity, like itā€™s tick activity. No confusion like MTM, itā€™s all logicalā€¦measuring activity, and knowing how SM operates. Solid principles, not contradictions.

PS. Iā€™m finally getting started on my book specifically about volume in forex, and all aspects of my trading. Getting it done will be quite a challenge but I think it will blow away all trading books to date. :slight_smile: Any publishers out there? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Pete. It might go up, I think. There is still some demand present. But nothing missed, main entry for me is after breaking the zone.

E/U 1h-TF

SUPPLY SUPPLY SUPPLY! I got in at 1.3168, TP at 1.3088, lovely lovely lovely, itā€™s been one of my best ever months, 25% + profit.

K.I.S.S.

Man, did you get in at a sweet spot there PPF. Congrats on the entry, the TP that got hit and also your 25% month. One to be admired.

Yes, got to keep it simple :slight_smile:

Yes, but Iā€™m still not great with my entries, had one that went wrong this morning, I enter when I really shouldnt, but one thing Iā€™m doing different thatā€™s made a difference is my exits, when I see full bars followed by full bars followed by more I just stay in there.

And thatā€™s from someone that has always preached about getting your entries right and the exits will come!

Ok, so at the risk of total controversy I will post my chart without volumes! AAARGGHHH!

But please be patient, Iā€™m not claiming the World is FLAT!

Oh and by the way I would have posted my chart earlier, but for some reason I felt a little creative and decided to install an old copy of Visual Studio! 2005 no less, (I had an EA/Robot idea) , anyways, Microsoft decided it wasnā€™t compatible with Microsoft (2005/Windows 97) and it buggered up my GIMP!! Then had to do a Restore, and now my GIMP is behaving I can label my chart for posting, so here it is! (no kidding!)

Ok, No Fib? in that kind of market, Fibs are a waste no? too loose, Fibs are best when you want to get the second leg of a trend.

Red trendlines are supply lines, green ones are demand.

Point 1, we have great confluence, Oanda is great for this stuff, trendlining, you cant beat it, but look at those pins, lower highs with pins, climax, with big full down bars, then you get to point 1, oh actually the trendline I had when trading was about 2 pips lower (Im not doing another prtscr and GIMP), so that one popped out of the supply line, but look at it, its a great pin with bearish reaction, followed by a bearish reaction and ā€¦ stay in until point 2!

Why get out at Point 2? Because itā€™s 4 p.m. BST and it wont move much more.

The thing is, Iā€™m not really trying to be controversial by using a chart with no Volumes, I understand market movements better than ever from using volumes, but bloomin O and A dont have it on the web platform, and to realise my ambitions (some stupid idea that I can hop from here to there and just get access to computer and make money), but also to some of you guys that understand this stuff so good, that the only reason you are going wrong is focusing too much on the VSA in itself, rather than the ā€˜bigger pictureā€™, remember the volume bit is only part of the equation.

I hope what I mean helps you, it help me :slight_smile: and I make a profit!

Mr.Peterfader ā€¦

the candle behind the arrow is:
1-up bar
2-close in middle
3-wide spread
4-modest volume
my opinion is professionals are not participant in up market at that time and expected price will not be high
and next bars confirms thatā€¦now my question is
if i see any weakness in up market like this but i did not see any up bars with ultra high volume(background)
is that possible to take a trade with any sign of weakness ? and if you see any background can you make check signā€¦on chart

Even though I m still trying to grab the concept of vsa, seeing the way u guys trade with Eu, itā€™s awesome. Tx for sharing.