Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

if i see a action as you described i would immediately say demand coming in. and more than likely the next candle would be bullish on lower volume confirming my suspicions. you can join the cicr page on facebook. go there and search it out. but you are not going to get vsa over night. you must watch petes videos over and over and over until you can pick tops and bottoms, reversals, retracements, continuations; until you come to see the market players pushing them buy and sell buttons in your head.

Took this trade earlier and thought I would post it on the GBPJPY
Retest of the low
Went Long and still in the trade

Sorry for the picture quality

HEy man thanks, you confirmed that theory for me

This is the reason i want to break free from the shackles of jobs and bosses foreverā€¦

One more reason to believe that if thereā€™s anything if life thatā€™s worth pursuingā€¦its financial independenceā€¦

Hey, hopefully no one minds me posting here. Looking for a new home.

EU Dailyā€¦

First yellow line, we have some stopping volume.
Second yellow line, this narrow up thrust of sorts appears, which is looking like some weakness is still present.
Third, the market sees the weakness and tests for supply, which this test bar is proven successful by the next day the price opens up above the test bar.

Green Line, here is a NR4 NS, market is showing strength, and note that the low of the test bar(2nd yellow line) still has not been broken.

Next week should be interesting for the last three days we have been hovering at that bottom teal line, which is 1.2627 is the low from 1/13. Thinking that if Fridays low is broken then it is possible to resume the bearish trend. Personally hoping we break through to 1.28xx.

Hey guys and gals, Iā€™ve decided to be more active in this thread again :59:, so I thought Iā€™d share my latest indicator:

It will paint arrows for No Demand and No Supply candles. If you donā€™t like arrows, turn it off to paint the candle Green if itā€™s a No Demand bar, and Red if itā€™s a No Supply bar. If the candle has the highest volume of the day, it will paint it pink (this will stay on even when arrows are selected).

Here are the settings:

NumberOfBars - How many bars back do I paint the candlesticks? Default is set to ALL.

VolumeLookBack - How many candles back do I look to determine if it is a No Demand or No Supply?

AlertHighest - Alert if this candle is the highest volume candle of the day.

AlertNoDemand - Alert if this candle is a No Demand. 0 for no, 1 for yes.

AlertNoSupply - Alert if this candle is a No Supply. 0 for no, 1 for yes.

AlertSound - Play this sound for the alert

AlertEmail - Send an e-mail for the alert. 0 for no, 1 for yes.

Arrows - Use arrows instead of painting the candles. 0 for no, 1 for yes.

NoArrowsAndNoPainting - Set this to 1 if you are only interested in Alerts and do not want arrows or painting.

AlertLine - Set 1 to enable an AlertLine. Create a horizontal line, name it ā€œAlertLineā€ and the alert will go off when price crosses the line. Works great for Push Through entry alerts.

A nice trick, is to put your cell phone number as the e-mail address in your MT4 settings, that way it will send you a text for the alert. Hereā€™s a list of Email to SMS gateways to get you started:

List of SMS gateways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you have trouble setting up MT4 to send e-mails, GMX.com e-mail is both free and compatible.

Personally, I use Prowl to sync the message with my iPhone without bothering with text messages, but either way will work. Let me know if youā€™d like the Prowl version of this indicator.

I find the alerts useful when Iā€™m patiently waiting for a No Demand or No Supply after seeing favorable price action. Here is a chart from yesterday to see how it works, using the rules of the thread. Have fun!

Good luck!

BetterVolume ChartBars part1 1.4_Revised_Public5.mq4.zip (2.93 KB)

Dodge, how you doing?

Dodge thanks for the indi, but it is signaling candles thatā€™s not even ns or nd.

Some really nice contributions the last few pages! Thatā€™s what I like to see.

Iā€™m back to trading tomorrow. Letā€™s see what this week will bringā€¦

Welcome home. :slight_smile:

We may use different terms here and there, but same meaning. You should check out my videos to see some of the nuances here. petefaders - YouTube

Iā€™ve been using the indicator for some time and havenā€™t see that issue. Are you on IBFX? Can you share a screenshot?

Generally, I do not provide support for my indicators (Iā€™ve learned that lesson the hard way!), Iā€™m simply sharing what I use. Iā€™ll take a minute to check out your issue though :slight_smile:

Doing well, looking forward to contributing to the thread again :slight_smile:

And yourself?

Thanks, Iā€™m fine.

I appreciate everything you are doing by creating and sharing your indi. And it wasnā€™t my intention to be offensive or challenging, and i apologize if i came off as such. i just wanted to point it out to you so that may be you can tweak the indi to give valid signals that can be beneficial to us all. again thanks for your time and talents. The highlighted candles are the most recent.

No worries, no offense taken!

While the screenshot is hard to make out, I do not see any errors. Unless my definition is incorrect, a No Demand and No Supply candle is simply a candle with less volume than the last few candles. The indicator does not give alerts for entries, simply for the appearance of a No Supply or No Demand candle. Then you can run to the computer and figure out the entry, or lack thereof, for yourself :slight_smile:

That being said, is my understanding of No Demand and No Supply candles incorrect?

a ns or nd candle has to have the background to warrant them. meaning a ns has to come during accumulation after a down trend (or re-accumulation during an up trend). and they have to show up where supply was/is present, volume lower than the previous two, and the proceeding candle(s) can not have a close below the low of the ns and the proceeding candle has to have a close above the high for confirmation. and a ns must be a bear candle closing off the low with a short spread. a nd is the opposite to all of this.

Yes, I did watch most of your videos. Thank you, you do a good job on explaining things clearly.

Here is a 4h chart based on a LO start time.

We have a couple of wide spread down bars, each having volume on the high side, then followed by a successful test bar. I think the pace has already been set for LO.

Ah, I see where youā€™re coming from. I view my indicator as an early warning system. If Iā€™ve done my analysis, have seen the climax candle, and am simply waiting for a No Supply or No Demand to form, I turn on the alert in my indicator. I am going based solely on the technical definition of a No Supply or No Demand, a candle with volume less than the previous two, not something you should trade off solely.

If my alarm goes off, I know I need to be paying attention to my charts for at least the next 5 minutes to see how the following candles develop. It is simply a warning alarm and visual helper while looking back on the charts, as keeping track of multiple pairs can be a daunting task :slight_smile:

Think about it, if the alarm didnā€™t go off until the No Supply or No Demand was confirmed, youā€™d be too late to enter the trade :slight_smile:

In any case, I donā€™t want to spend too much time talking about the indicator. Hopefully it helps someone out there, but if not, thatā€™s ok too :slight_smile:

I seen accumulation in the dollar two hours ago. all other indicators couldnā€™t tell me the down move was over in the dollar except volume and the fib.