Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Really nice long setup on eu earlier today…before I was on. (oh well!) I’ll post a video of the setup.

Yup, there were a few good entries today on various pairs. This is why I’m trying to change my sleeping schedule Pete, though it is tough for us on the East Coast :slight_smile:

Yep, I can’t believe I used to trade London open 5 days a week. The thought of doing it one day now is painful lol.
Then again, I’ll be a Dad in about 4 weeks, so there goes my sleep for a while. Perhaps she will give me a pre-london wake up call sometimes. (wah wah)

Yes being on the east coast makes trading forex very demanding.

I am now begining to understand vsa, volume and price. I have been watching these charts and have been noticing when volume comes in what happens. Its amazing! The market has now been demistified . I now understand when you guys say vsa is the foot print of the smart money, now I know what it means. everything you need to know is on the chart, right in front of me but never knew it, untill i really started looking into the volume theory. it works. Thanks pete for the enlightenment and to all those who help to contribute to teaching others on hurr to learn and understand how trading the markets really work.

There is a sell opportunity coming up on the eu, look at all that volume in the up move candles. Am I correct guys?

Sure, 15 and 5 min show weakness, but the 1hr has a decrease in volume at the high. That usually means only a limited retrace is coming, BUT…at this late time of day reversal setups may go nowhere just due to the dying activity. look at that very steady volume decrease on the 5 min.

Hello guys, I’ve been following this thread for like three months now, sadly I don’t have the time to trade yet due to work and other stuff, I have been trying to spot VSA setups using the history of MT4, I know it’s better to do it live but that’s all I got for now :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to know if you guys have some info/links/manuals to program in MT4, create indicators and such, I know a little of programming and I would like to try making my own indicators :stuck_out_tongue:

And again thanks to all for sharing your knowledge with us :slight_smile:

Biting on my hand today, should’ve got in such classic. Well, that’s part of trading, need to deal with psychology when such problem arises.

Tomorrow then :slight_smile:

Here was a nice looking setup on GJ…
However didnt take it as i thought volume was not that high…
Didnt count as a very high probability trade in my book but played out nicely in the end

For me the timings couldn’t be more perfect…my time zone is GMT +5.30, hence london begins at 12:30 in the noon and lasts till 21:30. My job allows me to take week off on any day hence i normally take it on tue, wed or thu since these 3 days are considered best from trading point of view.
Sometimes i take 2 week offs and spend most of the time starting from right at the beginning of london open (actually i start a couple of hours early to get ready for london open by drawing fibs, trendlines, spotting significant support/resistance levels and planning how to trade on that particular day) glued to the computer screen waiting for highest probability setups to occur.
I normally work in noon shifts and am there for a couple of hours after london begins. So everyday before going to work I do my homework by drawing fibs, TL’s, S/R on various pairs and after returning from my job i do check how the market had come around and how had my predictions have fared. I normally only trade during my week offs as i dont like a trade running when i’m not around.
Just trading on demo right now till i’m utterly confident of my skills to start trading on a real money account. I actually do have a real money account but have currently only kept it for automated trading (i’m running Forex growth bot on it). Its currently in 15% drawdown:56: but am pretty confident that it’ll recover soon. Once i am consistently profitable on demo with Pete’s method, i’ll altogether remove FGB and only trade manually applying his method.
Its pretty hard to believe that some of the best forex strategies come for free b’coz there are people like Pete who believe that sharing will make one more successful…someone pass on this msg to Gavin of TG…
Thanks a ton Pete…i’ll keep contributing to this thread as often as i can…

Gavin and the co constantly create new indicator to mess up the chart and confuse traders. That’s how the sale works though.

To be honest, I think all good thing in trading come for FREE, however, people are always looking for holy grail, so…

Highest volume of the day (admittedly early in the day) hit the 50-61.8 fib range, both larger fib and smaller fib, and had a bearish reaction.

Edit: Went short at 5 min candle close. Half risk.

Edit2: In hindsight, this wasn’t the best No Demand, as it’s close was a bit too low.

EG was at fib…rejection of high with large pin at top…
But it was a news release move so may not hold relevance…have to rush for work now…lets see how it pans out

Hey anyone paying attention to the eu, cup and handle pattern, with volume supporting the up move. I think it will go up, what do you guys thing, the handle seems to be accumalation before the up move. what do you guys think?

I have a small position short based on 5min climax at 14:10 gmt/ND and the 1hr upthrust. This is risky business though. I don’t see a real consensus among smart money…and look how low the 1hr volume has been today. That suggests they are waiting for these big FOMC statements starting in 45 mins… Cup/handle is not something I personally look for though. This looks like a crap shoot…I really don’t know lol.

The dollar is bouncing off the 50% swing low. and is making higher highs and higher lows. and by the looks of this euro struggling at my marked price daily high and the volume… higher prices are looking iffy…:58:

Took +20 on that and set BE 3 mins before news. Letting the other half go possibly further since there’s no risk.

ah hahaha.

Nice to get a risk free trade ready before news :slight_smile: Happy camper today. Now to bed :slight_smile:

There were more pips to take, but I was happy to get out at the daily pivot level (a further 24 pips missed)