Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

“A watched pot never boils.” :smiley:

First off, thanks to Pete and the contributors on this thread and the previous one. I wanted to post and get feedback of my understanding of VSA up to this point. I’ve read both threads, read the Wycoff Schematic and watched the videos. I’ve been incorporating VSA principles into my normal price action style and feel like I’ve see the light of the method. I would appreciate any feedback and corrections of my assumptions.

Selling Climax/Reversal
Looking for this after a period where supply has been dominant. Wide spread bearish pin bar, extremely high volume (highest of day minimum and greater volume than the down move started on) followed by inside bullish close of next bar on the 1h chart. Be careful on entries. Price often comes back to the climax point and tests this area, see how it reacts there, we want to see lower spreads and lower volume than the selling climax on the tests. Look for the area where selling pressure begins again after the climax, this is where the automatic rally is set. The area where the stopping volume came in and the automatic rally area will initially determine the trading range. There will sometimes be a fake breakout at the bottom to trap the final sellers and then a spring up and out of the trading range (want to see low volume and lack of supply on the fake breakout). This can be an entry point or you can wait for a lower risk NS entry on the markup.

Exact opposite for Buying Climax/Reversal

NS Entry
If the background is bullish and trending and you are looking for an entrance into the trend you are looking for a NS bar on the 5m. This is a small spread bearish bar with a wick on the bottom. It’s volume is less than the previous two candles. A NS entry is confirmed at the close of the next bar above the high of the previous NS candle. If price closes lower than the NS entry, it is no longer a valid entry.

ND Entry
If the background is bearish and trending and you are looking for an entrance into the trend you are looking for a ND bar on the 5m. This is a small spread bullish bar with a wick on the top. It’s volume is less than the previous two candles. A ND entry is confirmed at the close of the next bar below the high of the previous ND bar. If price closes above the ND entry, it is no longer a valid entry.

Fib Entry
You are looking for high volume rejections of the Fib areas followed by a close in the opposite direction than the pullback to the Fib. Then entry on a ND or NS depending on direction. Stress to look for high volume in those areas. Fib areas with low volume can indicate that they are not well protected positions and can be overtaken easily and not give the bounce you are looking for.

Pullback Entries
We want to see lower volume/spread on the pullback and a NS/ND entry confirmation. Keep away from the Fib areas when taking a pullback entry.

Exit Targets
Manage the trade. Draw and mark Fib zones and see how the price reacts in those areas. If you are long and see demand coming in, look to exit or TP and set BE. If you are short and see supply coming in, look to exit or TP and set BE. If volume isn’t affected by the fib zones then readjust your profit target and keep managing. If prices start to see demand or supply come in, depending on direction, look to manage the trade and TP and lock BE.

Breakout Entries
Don’t take them.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Took this trade earlier and thought I`d better show the charts. The 1 hour showed some selling coming in on high volume pins. The market went back up to test that area again forming a Double Trouble. I then went down to the 5 min T/F and entered a short trade after the No Demand Candle comfirmation. Exited the trade when increased volume pin bars turned up.

Happy Pips

Hi, I am new to this. Read all pages, watched the videos but still can`t spot a good trades.

Here is my attempt using VSA on GBPJPY.

Please correct my chart.

Is it really a buying climax, No demand and spring?

gbpjpy is a very hard pair to trade, try audusd, eurusd.

Cheers,

Mike

I guess you are right mike. It almost hit my SL. I just leave it that way then.

But what do you think about the chart? Am I spot correctly?

I think your on the 30 minute chart. It may be better to use the 1 hour chart for dirrection and the 5 minute for entry. Better to have Pete comment on your chart rather then myself. Cheers,

Mike

Did anyone get screwed on the eurusd at 8:50am et 5 min timeframe?

Hi Ferdinu,
Stick with it. it will be worth it. A buying climax occurs at the peak of buying as well. What you indicated there was a potential buying climax, however, the price continued up, which would have cancelled it out. EU is one of the better pairs to trade, as Mikeytrader said :slight_smile:
He is also correct that Pete’s method looks at the 1hr for direction etc and then the 5min for entry. The lower timeframe entry allows for much tighter stops with good risk/reward ratio over a much smaller time period.

Hope that helps

Tassie :slight_smile:

Any assistance to my previous comment would be appreciated. Did VSA simply not work at that time?

Hi ctmvas,
VSA is not a 100% correct thing. No method will ever be. Even the institutional traders took a huge hit in May. JP Morgan initially posted a $2 Billion loss in May, then admitted to over $4 Billion!!!
Anyway, to your chart.
Your arrow does show a No Demand, the candle went up on low volume, however, we did not get a confirmation of this no demand. The following candles did not close below it, so the setup would have been cancelled because of this. Another thing to think about is if you drew a fib line from the recent high to the recent low, I am thinking that the reversal there would have also been in the 50-61.8 Fib zone which is a higher probability reversal area.

I am not sure it would have been a setup I would have gone for. I also like to check the 1hr for some confirmation of trend. It does filter a lot of trades, but it also increases the probability of success.

I hope that helps you

Tassie :slight_smile:

Hi ctmvas.

If you zoom out to H1 time frame you can clearly see that the chart is a perfect match to the Wyckoff schematics. Vsa did work.

My two cents. Trade the chart. not your opinion or bias, it only exists in your head.

I saw an upthrust in that time in the H1 time frame

Exactly, it’s not a valid setup by any means. Keep studying ctmvas and try to give a more detailed explanation with your posts. We’ll keep on helping you out until you get there.

I didn’t know the following candle had to close below the no demand bar. I’ll keep studying.

Pete, or anyone… what are the best pairs to trade for potential profitibility?

seems to work best on EU , but i also use it on GU,EJ,UJ,AJ and AU.

Here’s how i’ve bifurcated various pairs based on their inherent behavior as well as my own experience with them :

Best pairs: EU, GU, AU
Good pairs: AJ, EJ, GJ, EG
Mediocre pairs: NZDUSD, USDCAD, UJ
Absolutely worst pairs: USDCHF

The 3 best pairs will provide vsa setups very often and MORE IMPORTANTLY will fulfill d promise by delivering profits 8 outta ten times on good vsa setups.
The 3 mediocre pairs don’t provide good vsa setups too often and when they do, chances of success are not as high as that of those with the best pairs.
I am quite biased towards the swissy, 'coz i dont trade it at all…its nothing but EU in reverse…hence better trade EU with increased risk than going for USDCHF.

Anyone farmiliar with this Indi Tick Separate Volume

If anyone know this Indi, would you mind to share your knowlegde how to use this Indi, cause I can’t find any guide about this Indi in the net
or someone can share pdf file about this Indi or the link that teach about this Indi
Thank You so much for Someone that can help me :35:
jimmyho :44:

Sorry, but we don’t use any indicators here except volume that comes bundled with mt4 when it comes to following Pete’s method.
That’s is all which is needed to traded effectively and profitably…