Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

try alpari

Hi Pete,

I’ve been reading your threads and watching your videos and I think I get it now. VSA just makes so much sense and exactly what I was looking for. So I have made a few images of the current market conditions from today’s market and wanted to upload them to see if I was on the right track or if I am way off.

Anyway I will just explain my understanding of what I have in the charts:

The 1 hour chart
Shows Mark down from high and then Accumulation then mark up.
We have reached 61.8 Fib Zone and also a previous Resistance zone has come into play. With a large pin on Bull candle this could be the buying climax/ reversal area.
Distribution and Mark down has started.

5 Min chart
On the 5 minute chart I was looking to sell and have labled Three No Demands Volume lower then previous 2 with confirmation I sold all three and managed to lock in some pips.

The bit I was missing before was analysis of the 1 hour chart I was trying to figure out the fazes on the 5 minute chart and thats probably not possible to get a big enough view on there.

I started using volume on my other trading outside of Forex and I just made a 100 ticks over the last week it was a personal best for myself anyway its very fun to try and apply VSA in multiple markets.

I appreciate your help or anyone else who is willing to give some feed back and I appreciate the effort you and the others have gone to, to teach us VSA.

Cheers,
Tave
PS as I’m posting this the market has just hit the 50 fib zone with another ND :).

Nothing to say besides Perfect! :slight_smile:

This would have been an agressive entry. The volume on the up bar (pointed arrow) ND, was lower than two previous bars. What I also notice the low of that bar touched the 61.8 fib line on the hourly. Possible reason for the up move.

Thanks Pete very exciting when it all comes together.

Nice little trend I just got on but my wife interrupted me at the 100 fib level so I closed bad decision its still going. Wives… lol

Still locked in 20 pips so happy with that nice little no demand double whammy.

So now it got me thinking about exit strategies what should I look for to exit a trade or should I lock in at a determined number of pips?

Hey CTMvas did you lock in some pips on that reversal?

Cheers,
Tave

Tave, did you enter on a no demand? A no demand bar is a up bar with volume lower than the previous two down bars. I don’t see that anywhere on your chart, and even on my chart during that time.

Hey ctmvas,

7 Candles in from the break out where I put the red line and then two candle before that as well. Up bar on each with down confirmation both with lower volume then the previous two.

Cheers,
Tave

this is not a no demand.

According to the vidoes, if you dont wait for confirmation its an agressive entry. This an aggressive no demand entry. But I’ll take a look at the videos again…

Pete even has a example like that in this one. around 14 min mark No Demand & No Supply Explained, VSA. - YouTube

That one could have nearly been a no supply entry but the up candle body was to small unless you used the third candle as confirmation but you would have missed your entry. That’s my take anyway. Probably moments like that are good to sit out.

There are actually a few no demands’s just before that down move that’s the time to get in.

Cheers,
Tave

Saw this great trade yesterday evening on the GBPCHF 1hr T/F. Largest volume of the last 7 days coming in on the .618 - .50 fibb kill zone with a long wick showing stopping volume, selling coming in to the market. On this occasion I didnt wait for a No Demand confirmation on the 5 min T/F, I just made an aggressive short entry at the close of that 1 hr candle. I set my T/P at 1.52711 and went to bed. I dont usually leave trades over the weekend but I can micro manage this one on Monday.

Nice setup. I will keep my fingers crossed for a settled weekend and no gap ups for you.
I personally hate leaving a trade over the weekend - in fact, I have never done that yet. I am too nervous about a gap occurring past my SL level, exposing me to more risk than I deemed appropriate when I made the trade.

Actually Kyle, its the first time Ive ever done it. Thanks for those crossed fingers. Positive energy, all will be well.

You should be fine holding that trade open. Sunday could get a bit squirrelly but you are in the green substantially. Nice trade.

There doesn’t seem to be anything going on over the weekend, so I would think a very minimal gap, if any. Like I said, the trade did look quite nice apart from that bit, but then again, that is just my risk appetitie and I am sure others may do it regularly. :cool:

Hey Tassie,

I aggree with you. Unless you swing trade with a huge stop loss, over the weekend trades become more of a bet. I wouldn’t do it except for my ea. Cheers,

Mike

8/20 morning … what do you think?

I caught the ND signals at the top of the EU yesterday locked in nearly 50pips on the short pretty happy with that, was getting NS signals at the bottom consolidation at the 1.23000 level so thats what made me close out. So that would have been a good time to buy but it was nearing midnight in Aus so I left it at that.
IMO EU looks to be in markup mode in your image (not sure current as I dont have a chart infront of me now)

Cheers,
Tave

Yes see the videos over and read this thread from the beginning. A no demand comes after a mark up. You were looking for a no demand after a mark down.

Hey Steve,
How did you go. Hope you closed out in nice profit on Monday