Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

That’s what I was saying on my chart, is that Stopping Volume? Don’t know, it is quite high, but there is follow through, with a bearish reaction, the last pin but one is very bearish, so I reckon down she goes.

Maybe that first one could be “preliminary support” where it may track down a little bit more, before continuing accumulation. There did seem to be some weakness there a few hours ago on the 1hr chart, so someone has been buying there :13:

ok guys, I’m just focusing atm, but I’ll mark up a chart soon to clarify.

Can’t wait to see the longterm chart explanation.

I think one of the things that is really confusing right now is that price tends to have higher vol on the bottom and lowerVol on top, indicating accumulation, but this sort of action is also consitent with re-distribution.
edit: ‘looks like redistribution’ is an exageration. what I mean is that if we look at the 1h chart like at a 5m, then it looks almost like markdown, pullback, ND and trend continuation

The last 6 days we had a rise towards the middle of the day and then a decline towards session end.

I’m not even sure what kind of stoppingVol we’re looking for right now. Looking at 1h, on nov10 price reversed up without much relative vol, on nov11 very similar. Since then we keep seeing similar vol but with an effect that it difficult to interpret.

Took this short, confluence, high volume pins, 1hr 38.2.

Cool :slight_smile: I took the same trade on ND. Maybe a bit risky though but I keep it in small risk and locked BE pretty fast.

I don’t see the ND, I shorted off the bearish reaction after the pin.

Do you mean off the 1.3376 area?

No, this one. And here’s another entry aswell

Ah yes I see, you’re taking it as a literal ND, but the setup is most definitely Weak, and Lack of demand, cool.

Hah Bonus, this is wicked, I think I get this VSA stuff now!

That move was bearish all the way up to my Fib, then the reaction to the Fib and the move is very bearish so I enter short, then held on to my pants while my pips pot was filling up quick!

USDCAD, this is like taking candy from a baby! (Wait till I get kicked in the butt!)

Strength all the way to the NS with consistently lower volumes, then the NS on the 61.8 Fib, TP at last high, such fast moves are rarely sustainable.

The greatest Lesson I have learned with VSA is to not think about catching the top or bottom.

The focus on NS/ND is really beneficial here, and I’m still learning it.

Wait to see them in areas where they “should” be.

Ignoring the rest of them will greatly increase your profitibility.

True, it’s not catching the top or bottom that’s important, but focusing on NS/ND is not quite the right thing to do, yes you need to trade them where they ‘should’ be, but you need to take in the whole picture, the background is the most important thing, i.e. what is actually going on, once you have a good idea of what is going on, such as are those bullish prices actually bullish or is it selling into high’s, then yes in turn you will be ignoring the ‘rest’ of them.

1. High Volume pin bar into new price area.
  2. No Supply.

Hmm weird, I don’t see the volume you’re seeing, I get an increase in volume where you’ve marked your ND, even though I also use IBFX. Maybe it’s a difference in Live and Demo…? :33:

Anyway, personally I would never take a trade like that, It just feels to risky. Why not wait and look for a NS on the way back up again? Much higher probability. I would not take a trade on the 50-61.8 fib if I didn’t see high volume there and Then look for a NS. But that’s just my opinion :).

I still have some of my position running on this trade and I’m not planning on stopping just yet :53:

Yes, that was at best like I did, entry then exit at the first sign of high volume, came out with a few pips, then the short was a no brainer just above the 1.3300

That’s over 100 pips… Nice one. I’m still looking for shorts. We are in mark down. I still haven’t seen any FIB zone bounces on this trend tho.

I remember it says in one of Pete’s videos that when the market is in mark up/down he doesn’t look for as much retracement, it’s like you got to wait for a good NS/ND setup and bite the bullet.