Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

It’s lack of selling so with strength in the background this is confirmation. Think of No Supply. A lot of this stuff depends on the background and/or current trend.

Gonna have to soak it in, so a low spread downbar on low volume is the exact opposite of a low volume up bar which is lack of demand by SM. Without background in mind of course.

Trade diary video. Interesting video. I’m sort of getting the hang of it. I can see where the no supply no demand signals are important. As no supply candles emerge, that shows signs of no selling pressure, which would mean higher prices expected and no demand would mean less buying by SM which would mean prices likely not to rise due to lack of buying. When both signals are used you can get an indication of which way the trend is headed. I think! I also notice you use the Eliot 5 wave pattern. I also noticed that a lot of traders use other methods with VSA for confirmation of trend reversals like candle stick patterns etc… If I am wrong on the No demand and no supply signals correct me. Thanks, your vids are becoming much more clear, I think!

Hi Pete,

first of all, thanks for the nice videos. But I have two questions about them or lets say about the method you use.

I saw that you entered in one of your videos not at a push through the automatic support or low volume test of it. Instead you entered on a high volume rejection in the area where the climax occured. (Hope you will understand what I mean)
Is such an entry an exception or do you enter a trade often in that way?

As far as I remember you talked about a win ration of around 70%? But the win ratio is not useful to me without an information about the average risk:reward ratio. Do you have an overview about it and could provide it?

That was an agressive entry on cable what Pete mentioned in his video. Entry is safe when price pass the ar high we can look optimal ns there. Well, that’s my opinion.

That may have been a shakeout (spring) entry. If it looks like a deep test, with high volume, and zips right back into the previous range, it points to Wyckoff spring. Erm, I think.

It wasn’t a proper spring. Volume was too high for a spring. Have a look at my last posted chart and compare the volume with that cable chart you will see the difference.

Yes, I entered before a push through AR, but it was the NS after stopping volume for entry. Basic stuff.

When it comes to any type of tech analysis trading, win/loss ratio will be different for everyone based on TF, level of aggressiveness and so on.

To everyone: Don’t overlook what I said at 5:44 in the video. I saw a problem with the setup (weakness) and trimmed down my risk substantially. [I]That is a key point.[/I]

Let’s see what setups this week brings.

Yes, I entered before a push through AR, but it was the NS after stopping volume for entry. Basic stuff.

Ah ok, I had in mind that you entered direktly at the stopping volumen which came around as a pin.

When it comes to any type of tech analysis trading, win/loss ratio will be different for everyone based on TF, level of aggressiveness and so on.

And especially on the risk:reward (R:R) you want to achive. 70% win rate at 5:1 should not be a goal :slight_smile:
The reason I asked for your R:R is that I got the opinion that the entry is relative far away from the top of climax area (where the stop is placed above/below) and the distance to your first target (very often the fib area) is relative less.
Sorry to not post a picture here but I hope you know what I mean. However, I will see during backtesting, demo trading how it will work out for me.

Hi Guys
Sorry for not contributing lately but I’ve been really busy with trading and other stuff.Pete, thanks a lot for everything you’ve taught.It’s extremely appreciated.
Whilst waiting for good VSA set-ups re: accumulation/distribution ,or on decent retracements ,I’ve had quite a bit of success just from scalping between 10 and 20 pips on seeing signs of weakness/strength using the old effort vs results theory.On seeing the wide-spread/high volume with an inside close, or large pin ,I then wait for price to creep back to the previous high/low area and then enter there.It seems to give a good low-risk set-up.
Even when a good VSA setup turns up,I’ve found that virtually every time I entered on nd/ns confirmation ,the trade would go into a 10-15 pip drawdown before coming back.So now, at the risk of missing out on the odd one that takes off straight after confirmation, I like to wait a good while, and don’t bother if I have to be away for a few hours as I now look to “grab a bargain” rather than jump straight in!
Anyway thanks again and I’ll get back to following closely and hopefully contributing more.

Jenx, if you take a look at a recent chart post of mine you will see I have noted “eagle” on several points along the chart, following stopping volume. These are stop hunts into the 786 to 886 retrace. I think these phenomena may be the entry type you describe.

If you look back through your trades you may be surprised just how many go into this region.

Also, take a look to see if any go a bit further, into a 1.13 to 1.27 extension of the retrace following the move away from the turning point.

Hi Pete, it would be great if you could do a sequel to your NDNS video, called “Stopping Volume” where you break down your rules and nuances for your definition of stopping volume in the same way you did for ND and NS.

Ahahaha…what a joke. Oops! Fed minutes, inadvertently released early, show a divided FOMC

monkeyzu, yes I should make that the next vid.

I’m looking for someone to program an indicator for me pleeeease.

It should identify a certain candle type (using high/low/close) and have a corresponding volume requirement. It will be VERY useful for VSA, or even basic PA analysis. Send me a PM, I don’t think the rules here allow for contact info off site at this time. Thanks!

I got a few offers on the indicator, thanks. I’m still open to meeting programmers, if you’re out there let me know.

I will be hosting a webinar on Monday 10am EST on VSA, technical analysis and Mad Scalper trading.

I will post the meeting information at the start.

Classic.

Any chance of you recording it?

Hi Pete,

I have been reading your VSA for few days, you are a great master :7:

I’m very new to VSA, very new to babypips, having some basic skill at candlestick.

I do have some confusion in terms of the vocab, I would like to clear off the doubt and make sure I didn’t get it wrong.

This snapshot is from your VSA ND NS explained.

If we assume the rectangle highlighted 4 candles ALL having shadow at candle high, then what should we call it for this scenario? Can I call this as got demand?

I have written some points below for this scenario, but not sure whether I correctly interpret this, appreciate your feedback and correction if any.

-a lot of rejection shadow at top of candles(rejecting to go up further)
-increased volume (big tick bar), showing a lot of activities
-smart money using this buying pressure opportunity to sell / accumulate their position
-this high volume stopping a up move.
-if you want to long it, must wait until got candle body close above this candle.
-even though at that moment is got demand, a numbers of candles later, the demand might no longer there.

I realize by using vsa, it give more flexibility than candlestick, I don’t need to follow candle pattern strictly.

Example, candlestick with hanging man is a weak reversal pattern that most of the time fail, but if I use it in a vsa way, I don’t really need to care whether this is hanging man pattern, I am more focusing in finding whether there’s no demand, then can go in if next candle closed below this ND candle.

Example, if trade gbpjpy and eurjpy, during a bull trend, both also up, gbpjpy reverse go up by showing beautiful hammer, eurjpy reverse go up by showing funky hammer, but it still up.
This make me think that having know vsa will be more making sense than getting tied to forcing myself finding super beautiful candlestick pattern for higher probability trade.

I am keen to join your webinar, and learn from you. Any instruction how to join?

Log on to his website and stump up $119 for the month.