Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

[I] Take in what you can from that book and think for yourself logically, is my best advice. [/I] Yea, so true. When reading Master the Markets, it is not an easy read. At first it is pretty easy, then it gets really hard to understand, because a lot of it seems to contradict, though I am sure it does not, it is just that Tom Williams has perfected it because of his syndicate trading experience, which means it would come easy for him. But I like being able to use supply and demand to understand the markets, even if the VSA part is a bit hard to understand. I also notice, especially on the Eur/Usa chart, that the volume is excessive through the whole chart. Price over time. A lot of high volume, is this usually indicative of SM.

Hey guys, new thread!

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/53553-traits-successful-trader.html

Hey guys, I live on the east coast of the USA and i’m trying to get ideas on how to manage my sleep schedule so I can trade from midnight to 11am. Any of you have any recommendations?

I’m east coast too. Why would you want to start trading at midnight?? I personally wouldn’t take a setup at that time. If you start at 3am, you can go to bed around 8pm…not so bad.

BTW holidays today, no trade.

To be honest, the reason is I’ve seen some setups at that time from some currencies.

Well, you have to find a balance I think. Besides, you have to be OK with not getting every setup. I decided to stop trading Asia open just recently. Too often I get stuck in a position while the market goes flat, so now other days I will miss a good trade. So what. That brings me down to about 3 hours or less per day of trading. I almost feel guilty.

I guess maybe I shouldn’t say anything, because I am still a bit confused on VSA, but I am getting there. I think though this looks like a no demand, I don’t think that a no demand always appears on a downtrend only. According to MTM, master the markets, I believe a no demand can appear in an uptrend, or a downtrend. Or no trend. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am a beginner too, but I am sure that no demand can occur in any market conditions. However, if you can see weakness in background and you think that there is going to be downtrend, then we are looking for no demand. We want to see imbalance, I mean supply overwhelming demand.

Totally agree. Actually the comment I was referring to may have been proposing that same idea. Just wanted to comment on No demand, that is my favorite. Because it is easy to understand.But I am not the expert here, still a little squirt and in doubt myself. Pete is the expert. I am sure no supply is the same. And of course there is going to be imbalance. Took me a while to get it in my head, and I am still trying to get a lot of it in my head, but it’s getting easier.

You are right, that’s the same principle with no supply as well. I am not an expert too, but having success with this method so far. I am literally squeezing the markets. :smiley: I will trade demo for some time and if it goes well I would like to try trading live account in September.

Actually I like this VSA thing. Starting to figure it out and I hope soon to do some trading with it. I had a few setbacks, non trading related, on my financials, so I’ll have to build it back up again, but in between I can do some practice accounts. Then move on!

I understand, hope you will build it back up soon. :slight_smile: That sounds like a good plan. Mine is similar to yours. I am going to practise a lot too. I believe that hard work can make us profitable after some time. Otherwise it wouldn’t be fair.

There is definitely more to trading than just looking at a chart. It would be nice to make an income or have a good account build up. But whether I make any money or not, I can always say, I knew how to day trade. I believe that is an accomplishment in itself. Most people I know have no idea how this works and sure as heck have no understanding of it at all!

to Pingback:
That sounds a bit contradictory to me. I think that making money is the proof that you know how to trade. But even more satisfactory than making money in my opinion is the game itself, being better than other participants must be a great feeling.

to all:
Have you guys had any trade today? After yesterday’s bank holiday in the UK markets still moving on relatively low volume to me, or at least I couldn’t notice any possible entry, so I haven’t had any trade so far. And are you going to trade tomorrow when there is French bank holiday?

Didn’t love the charts today. I took a E/U long that took out my BE, that’s it. I’ll consider a trade tomorrow if we see good PA and healthy Volume.

Monster G/U short…so many reasons to get in there based on things I’ve shown. Look at daily waves. Niiiiiiice!

…was hunting that trade for a few days like a predator.

“Gonna have me some fun.”

I noticed a EU short on the hourly yesterday… I didnt belive it. Looking at it today, I should have taken the trade.

Although the two correlated down I think the G/U setup was clearer. 5 waves up on daily brought it to 50 fib and top of the channel. Double top climactic on 1hr. This should do an ABC retracement. 1.5360 perhaps 1.5230 so a am holding a portion still.

Past action had me biased long on E/U so no trade today there. You saw the setup but you didn’t [I]believe[/I] it. Interesting choice of words.