Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

congratulation for being a father. the first two years could be tough.

I know what you mean Pete. There has definitely been a change in the way the markets move.I suppose if SM are to keep one step ahead they need their EAs to constantly hide their actions by moving the markets in ever changing patterns. I find though that if you drop down to lower time frames, they simply can’t hide their involvement.

Its all about shaking you out of good trades and keeping you in bad ones! Thats the downside of japanese candles.A handy tip I’ve found is,once you’re in a trade change the chart to Heikin Ashi and that can keep you in a trade longer without making you think somethings happening that isnt!

Oh now you tell me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, but I also see uncertainty from them at times. Discombobulated signs of strength and weakness in a small price area are seen on the smaller TFs. It shows a lack of consensus among SM. Often there is low volume many days until US open and news. Waiting for news to know where to go it seems.

Today it felt a little better though. I took A/J long on break test of AR. Made it up 50 pips to touch 50 fib.

The market is always changing, I recognize that now. The old idea that you find an exact method that works and stick to it no matter what is wrong. But, we have the best tools to be able to keep up.

An example of that is that simple stopping volume on the 1hr used to be more reliable to reverse price. These days it could actually be aggressive SM selling…they weren’t confident enough to build up large shorts into earlier up moves like they usually do. I smell fear lol.

Whatever works for you. I rely on scaling out as the trade rolls along and hits points where the probability of more profit decreases. But using something more momentum based can help you ride it out…I should probably use something like that for final TP.

…but classic setups still appear. :slight_smile:

Live analysis and trades from today…

A/U…yessssss.

It looks like USD pairs are going to rebound with no problem. I’m still bullish LOL. Great bargains now.

Hi Pete,

I have learnt a lot from you here and keep learning with pleasure. I appreciate your good work thank you very much.

It is E/U 15 min TF

I hoped to see a bigger volume on E/U while it is bouncing of 50 fib. level to decrease this week’s sharp diving but i think it will keep on doing bearish reactions next week. Despite low volume reaction on 50 fib. level, there seems not enough sellers on its previous support-now resistance area to keep this sharp action. This make me think that the price will go up slowly to red area and we will be seeking serious selling.

Any idea?

Interesting comment Pete, but I wonder of Wyckoff saw a forex chart from today he’d think it’s any different to what he studied 100 years ago, or just more of the same?

Is the reaction to the high volume H1 bar the same as stopping volume?

On E/U 5 MIN TF a nice push through supply set up

The last 5 MIN candle that you see on chart was closed and i took screenshot (GMT 18:05)

I’m Long…

The main thing to note on that chart is lower prices being made on medium volume. It doesn’t suggest accumulation/strength yet. Initial stopping volume was temporary. I’m just getting back to trading now since Thursday…we’ll see what develops for US.

And the 1hr agreed. Highest Vol of the day on that up move, bearish reaction.

The nose knows.

The 1hr view of that G/U short today.

For the most part I think he would see the same old patterns of behavior in the market that he saw in his day…maybe computers have change some things though, like speeding up the whole process.

The best way I’ve dealt with the different moods of the market is to simply stick to the basics…just be patient and pretty soon a classic, high probability setup will come.

To answer your question, Stopping Volume is a wide spread high volume down candle, during a down swing/trend, that has a bullish reaction to confirm it. Until that bullish reaction it is called “Potential Stopping Volume”. A close below as a reaction would cancel it out. The same thing in reverse is called a Buy Climax. A wide spread up etc…

good explanation :slight_smile:

Its a very good work of you for newbie like me. I am learning it and would like to introduce this to my trading. Thanks a lot to you @petefader.