Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Found a trade early Monday morning. I’ve heard it’s best to be extra conservative with Monday’s so I took .5% with this short.

This was an unusual jump in PA for a Monday, well when compared to be past couple weeks at least. Another reason we might see price fall is because of how it reacted at this level friday.

Its a giid trade …I am on it too …but its not a complet setup yet …so I reduced my risk …I tink 5% for dat trade is too much .

Not 5.0% risk. 0.5%
I’m taking minimal risk until I’m certain with VSA. But Yeah it was a rushed entry, but I’m honestly not expecting price to rally again out of the blue.

Possible GU short

A/U Short trade from earlier

Up-thrust on H1 caught my eye

Drew in a channel on the M5 and got a ND at top of the channel

FYI fabulono1 waited for close below ND for entry lol learning to be patient and not so aggressive

fabulono and all the other vsa-cracks :slight_smile: ,

can you please tell me what is missing for a better setup (talking about E/U, H1, in the example above) ? when i look at it i see a double bottom with long shadows which should be a very nice setup. the only reason for not being a very good setup might be the lower volume at the second top and the missing candle/s to the right… so that it could be way too early to enter this trade? i am new at babypips and vsa. so btw hi to all :slight_smile: and sorry, english is not my first language. hope u guys understand me well :slight_smile:

greetings

Funny you ask tse13. I saw the setup but passed it up.

Where I said “Zoom in Here”, I’ll show where a setup could have been found.

At that time of the day, the highest VOL appeared on a down bar with a large pin. The pin on the bottom could be taken as demand entering the market. The next bar was a No Supply, Vol lower than the previous two. The VOL was actually really low compared the last 8 or so bars. The second bar after the NS was the No Supply Confirmation, closing higher than the No Supply signal, which then could have been an opportunity to go Long.

The problem with this setup, however, is that it was Early Monday morning and the 1 Hour didn’t show high Vol. The 1HR is used to show when Smart money is entering the Market. When they do so, VSA offers great opportunities that don’t take hours to play out. As you can see, price barely moved over the next 3 hours. I believe there was a News Conference later on in the morning, which caused price to rally aggressively. And that increase in VOL allowed for a short setup. Pete can further explain if I left anything out. I’m still learning like you.

hmmm :frowning: my mistake, i wrote “double bottom” but meant “double top”! so i saw a short setup there and not a possibility to go long… hopefully things get clear now…

Wow …jst came online now and saw my acct …so much smile…my E/j sell yesterday paid off …123 now and am out …I love vsa …now looking to go long agn on G/u, E/j and A/u …already in on E/u wit BE locked.

Pls Remember higher prices brings in sellers …let’s watch more weakness pour in and we wud be smiling at the end of today if a nice short setup shows up.

I came on late today only to see missed opportunities, it happens. I found a No Demand at this top, hopefully all the demand has wore itself out.

hello guys,
i would like to know if anybody else can confirm a short setup on this picture and if i come closer to a better understanding. i see high volume pinbar (red arrow) with a following down candle- then there is a high volume downcandle and all upbars have a lack of demand (same as ND??) violet line is 1.3400er level in E/U… thanks in advance for answers :slight_smile:

There is no sell presently becos the confirmation candle u marked as high volume which means strenght coming in agn …as for the new ND at d bottom , we av not seen confirmation yet …so wait till all the buyers die out and we av a confirmation and sell …

wow fast answer :slight_smile: no worries just trading demo. but unfortunately i don´t really understand what you mean. what i got is: the big down candle is not good enough as confirmation because we can see demand coming in? and what would a confirmation for the ND at the bottom look like? hehe yeah i will be patient… i am just watchin the markets (well only E/U) and look for setups… :slight_smile: meanwhile reading this thread from the beginning… long way to go :slight_smile:

thanks for reply :slight_smile:

Best entry u can ever av …lol …sell on E/u,G/U and E/j …check and say tnks to me …lol

Im looking for an entry but price shows no follow through on the down moves, volume decreases heavily. And the 5Min bars with High volume are UP Bars, Yes. But each have Bullish reactions. I’m confused looking for a valid short entry right now.

Hey guys, I saw two opportunities today, keeping in mind that I only trade US open. I got a short off the G/U climax high. NDs appeared twice after weakness off the highs. I sold half position on the first and added on the next one at a better price and after the fake break which made the probability better. (look at 5 min fakeout, 13:40 gmt then another ND)

Another opportunity was A/U long…again. Still looking to buy dips on it for daily trend retracement still to come.

I’m just now locking BE on this G/U, mainly due to the time of day. Maybe I’ll post a chart of the setup.

good morning guys,
pete, i think you can only mean this scenario, right? I wonder where you entered the trade? when down bar closed under ND bar? furthermore, regarding to the two bullish candles before the false breakout, is it an example for wide spread up bars with high volume representing weakness? because when i first saw this, it looked like a bullish movement with no sign of weakness but i guess i still belong to the “herd” and would have locked in :frowning: now the picture:

and sorry for stealing your design… love it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Morning traders, lets all have a profitable start to the day