Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

I also saw that on E/J but the high volume on the push thru made me fear.

Is there any vsa style in trading range ? ā€¦cos most time during range vsa gives signals at the middle of d range or at bottom ā€¦av noticed it with time ā€¦may be u shud teach me how to do it in vsa style ā€¦willing to learn frm u ā€¦lol.

Just seeing my E/U long from yesterday playing out today and picking off profit. As I said (Ackbar said) it was a classic news trap. G/U would have been the better play. Also, there goes AUD, very strong as Iā€™ve been saying. Shorting early is suicide. Double bottom on daily played out as I said in my videos. Hopefully this info is helping you make pips. Lots of news tomorrow.

ā€œIs there any vsa style in trading range ? ā€¦cos most time during range vsa gives signals at the middle of d range or at bottom ā€¦av noticed it with time ā€¦may be u shud teach me how to do it in vsa style ā€¦willing to learn frm u ā€¦lol.ā€

well hoping u are serious and donĀ“t try to troll meā€¦ so i give you my IMAGINATION /IDEA of trading a rangeā€¦ we see on H1 high volume on each side of the range which could be possible stopping volā€¦ then we go in M5 and try to find an entry like upcomer when he saw the push through (or ND/NS signal) . again would this be a range with 10-30 pips i would not think about, but in this case it is ~50pips wideā€¦
if pete confirms that this is bull****^3 i will edit my post to do not confuse other readersā€¦ :slight_smile:

I just closed my EJ long for +32 pips, hope it wasnā€™t premature. Like you guys said, distribution is clear on the 1HR but the entry at the low was there for the taking but with limited upside due to the range.

As I type, I see EJ inching higherā€¦life lol

EDIT OK watching this EJ is killing me lol I had a decent day, time to recoup for tomorrows event filled day.

I saw the setup yesterday but it had no follow through for the most part. There was an entry this morning around 3AM and a retest around 5AM I believe.
I guess with all that demand entering the market, it was bound to explode.
Would you say thatā€™s always the case? If thereā€™s high levels of volume, whether itā€™s supply or demand, itā€™s bound to effect price movements unless is negated?

Hey Pete, I just went through yesterday and todays charts before looking at the thread and am glad to see I spotted the same thing as you on the E/U yesterday. It looks like there was a NS with confirmation right way at 11:10 on the 5M chart. I was wondering if this is where you got into the trade? I thought to myself that since I wasnā€™t around during that time, I would keep an eye on my charts today to see if I could find a good entry. I saw the two bar reversal on the 1H at 3 and 4am CST and figured that with the weakness in the background from yesterday, if I could find a NS after this it would be a good entry. 5am presented this NS and 6am bar confirmed it. However when I switched to the 5M I couldnā€™t find a NS until 7:45 with a bullish confirmation immediately to follow. This would get me in the trade at 1.3171 at 7:55. This entry would work to my favor as it got me in at a lower price. Further, based on my stop of 20, I was tentatively planning on a target of 40 depending of what price and volume showed me. I was not in front of my computer so couldnā€™t trade this real time but it looks like it wouldā€™ve played out well. However, the BIG question is, is this a valid analysis??

Iā€™m really sorry I canā€™t post charts yet. Iā€™ll go make some lame comments in another forum to build up my posts :stuck_out_tongue:

Any feedback is greatly appreciate!

Thanks!

We have some high risk news coming in about 5 minutes. Just to show you what transpired right before the release, we see a huge spike in VOL with a bearish reaction. This must be SM getting ready for a drop in price. But who knows?

How I would love to go back in time and take that trade lol.

I could be wrong but I think that first bull move at 7:20 was the reaction to the 7:15 ADP Non-Farm news. Then the big move was obviously the 7:30 news. Doesnā€™t look like you really missed anything to me, just some risky trading :slight_smile:

Yeah gambling on high risk news, been there done that, sadly.

Is any body planing to go long on E/U and E/J ā€¦cos am seeing things.

Nice long setup forming on the AU, waiting for a close above the AR along with a lack of supply.

EDIT: EU and EJ looking good, their setup is forming nicely along with the AU.

watching it tooā€¦ but news in 10minutes againā€¦ crazy day :slight_smile:

I was about to go long on EU now waiting. Price got really close to the 50-61.8 level on a slight increase in volume and now news coming again in 8 mins so Iā€™m going to fight myself from trying to trade before the news and just wait. What do you guys think?

Am in now ā€¦EU and EJ long ā€¦taking the risk ā€¦lol

Edit: lost EU ā€¦lol. Wen u play with fire,u get burnt.

Iā€™m not really seeing any new opportunities from the 10AM EST news release. The VOL wonā€™t be highest of the day, I can almost assure you that. So we need to see VOL be in line with the direction that the previous high VOL did earlier today. EU might be lining up to go long and EJ is as well I believe. AU hasnā€™t broke the AR level yet so Iā€™m continuing to wait on that.

EDIT: I might just call it a day. Prices arenā€™t showing signs of reversal yet as it approaches 16 GMT. Still on the lookout.

One trade today, G/U short after ND on 5 and 15 min. Yes it was 5 minutes before news and no, donā€™t try this at home kids LOL. got up to 37 pip taking profit, wasnā€™t any draw down. I left a small piece to run. Was a half position. Even with news, I trusted what the chart and my experience was telling me. 3 for 3 this week, all done. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late response. I did show a chart of my entry point, but on 1hr. On 5 min I didnā€™t wait for NS or auto rally. The information to that point was enough for ā€œaggressiveā€ entry.

If you could talk in GMT time that would be very helpful. I use IBFX for Volume feed (everyone should get a MT4 demo) and that is GMT, so u could use that.