Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Check your pivots with this site Forex Pivot Points, Action forex

Action forex pivots were calculated on H=1.3321, C=1.3296 & L=1.3296

To find a better pivot point indicator search in MetaEditor from your IBFX MT4 platform.

hey pete,
today i want to ask something general (or lets say something about the ethical background) but for me very important.
i expect and believe that your/our strategy is working and you/we can be profitable. for me it is important to know (in a curious way): do you believe in the fact that forex, stock and all other financial markets are influenced by professionals in this way that price can be changed? that they have the potential to decide if price goes up or down and that every news that we read is for entertaining and trapping the herd? or is this talking about smart money only something to make this strategy sounding more interesting? everything about vsa sounds like written by a conspiracy theorist but also logical. damn my head is spinning aroundā€¦ maybe you see ā€œtse13ā€ getting grown up and faced with the real worldā€¦ lool ā€¦ i donĀ“t want to be the man who cares about moral or else but for me knowing that this is the truth it would be easier to trade for me. i dont know how to explain but this question is in my head the whole timeā€¦ hope it can get cleared up and i can continue learning :slight_smile:

kind regards and successful week for everyone :slight_smile:

Good question tse13. I do think a lot about that too.
I donā€™t know the answear but one thing is true, the top10 currency traders own about 80% of the market share. And this is just the top10!

Read the beginning of Master The Markets. If you have, read it again. :slight_smile:

There are Professionals and there are Market Makers. No one entity is pulling the strings on price movement like a puppet master, although price is manipulated at times and by a relative few. They donā€™t fight the market, they exploit it. Best to read MTM again. Google it if you donā€™t have it.

If you have a moral dilemma you should maybe be a Doctor. This is capitalism and itā€™s every man for himself! lol. You could always give some trading income to charity.

Speaking of MTMā€¦

ā€œFrequently, you will find that there are days where the market gaps up on weakness.
The gapping up is done rapidly, usually very early in the dayā€™s trading, and will certainly have emotional
impact. This price action is usually designed to try to suck you into (buying) a potentially weak market and into a
poor trade, catching stop-losses on the short side, and generally panicking traders to do the wrong thing.
You will find that weak gap-ups are always into regions of new highs, when news is good and the bull
market looks as though it will last forever.ā€ - MTM

Well that explains Monday. :smiley:

thanks for your answer! i knew that my question would cause such a reaction. again, i donĀ“t care about moral or ethicsā€¦ i only want to know the truth. writing something in a book is no real evidence, everybody could do thisā€¦ this is capitalism :wink:
i read the beginning of MTM, sure. but like i told this could also be a nice surrounding story to sell more books. just a simple volume-spread-analysis would be kind of boring :wink:
but i seeā€¦ you think that this is the truth and i donĀ“t want to extend this discussion. i am still not totally convinced that this is reality but vsa works. this is reality, too! --> in the end this is important!

thx for answering again

edit: i should have ask if you believe what is written in MTM :slight_smile: i am reading now one of the originals from wyckoff and i think this will clear it up.

Ever since that gap Sunday evening, Iā€™ve been skeptical on what to do. This week has some huge event risk as well. As of right now, I see a possible N/U short, off of yesterdayā€™s high due to fact price rejected at level so aggressively once before.

EDIT: We are in an uptrend so shorting may not last long.

Hi all,

I have been following this thread for some time, still struggling but learning. Thanks Mr. Fader, you probably have more disciples than that you are aware of.

At the moment E/U seems to be ranging but more volume on the down moves suggest re-accumulation, is that close?

Hey guys, been away for a while and getting back into Volume Analysis again! I have a problem spotting no demand bars but think I am on the right track with the ā€˜No Demandā€™ bar chart below. Comments warmly welcomed thanks!

hello jillion,
spotting ND bars should be the easiest thing when studying vsa and for this you donĀ“t need an extra tool :wink:

your chart is also incomplete (not incorrect) because it shows all potential NDs but not the confirmed!
watch this video and then it should be clear! :slight_smile:

No Demand & No Supply Explained, VSA. - YouTube

Everything looks messy for me this week.
Maybe everyone is waiting for the FOMC release.

Hey Tse, thank you for your helpful comments and also posting the No Demand video link, Iā€™ve watched through the video again and will mark the confirmed No Demand signal bars, oops I forget to check and confirm them! :o I very much appreciate your feedback, thank you :slight_smile:

Jillion, if you search this thread you will also find some shares of indicators that show the no demand and no supplys that appear on the charts.

Great idea thanks hopital, I did find one a while back on here called ā€˜NSNDHistoryā€™ I think it was, can I please ask if youif you use any indicators to highlight potential NS/ND? Many thanks :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s the one, NSNDHistory. I think it appeared two or three revisions of that indicator here. I use that same indicator but it doesnā€™t highlight potential NS/ND, it highllights only when they are confirmed, after the close of the next bar.

Hey thanks hopital, thats great Iā€™m just watching this indi on EU right now, its a neat little tool for sure, especially with confirmation displayed after the next close. Do you recommend any other useful indiā€™s which may help? :slight_smile: thanks again!

Besides volumes, fibs and pivots I like to use one indicator called grid10. It draws the major horizontal gridlines like 1.300, 1.310, 1.320, etc. Usually these rounded numbers are important resistance or support.

hi allā€¦ been reading this thread and finally registeredā€¦

does anyone know how to search for attachments (indicators, template) in this thread?

FOMC was worth the wait! :57:

because you entered a trade with vsa principles?