Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

It is important that at H1 the bull candle have high volume, but not as much as the bear. This strengthens that the bear-volume is end- volume.

Hi, this is very interesting thread. Thank you, petefader! I have one question. Is it really EU or UJ can be used with this approach? According to some book these pairs are traded primarily on the competing platform EBS not on Forex. So volume information can be different. And now EU behavior is very interesting but I could not fund any VSA setup.

on 5 min chart you can found setups almost every day (1-2 trades on one pair). I take TP about 10-20 pips on 5 min. And almost all trades are with no or with low DD%.

hello everyone
i would like to share my analysis with you. I suspect that SM aim price around 1.4190 level (monthly channel top extreme). regards and wish happy weekand

This is the whole concept of VSA (sort of)ā€¦ youā€™ll be able to see signs of weakness (bearish sentiment) within bullish candles, and signs of strength (or buying) on bearish/red candles. The candles alone are misleading. Bullish candles with steady or steadily rising volume, Iā€™d take that as bullish strength, but if you saw green candles and a reduction in volume, there just wouldnā€™t be strength there.

A VSA play on GBPJPY today (Tuesday), just wondering what everyoneā€™s thoughts areā€¦

On the hourly chart, an uptrend thatā€™s ranging a bit (technical term!). Yesterdayā€™s highest volume looked like stopping volume for the up move, price has broken below the channel, and I like a retest. Todayā€™s highest volume is a bearish rejection.

On the 5m TF:

Looking for a rangebound short from an area of previous sellers, large volume without a candle spread to go with it (a flush-out), looking for a retest at ā€˜4ā€™, got a No Demand/Supply & went short.

Any suggestions on reading this? (Apologies if the images donā€™t load properly)

I was not accurate. So I thought:
Signs of Weakness:
Selling going on - the price is lessening - candles are bearish, wide spread, high volume.

Signs of Strength:
Buying going on - the price is Increasing - candles are bullish, wide spread, high volume.

But I recall Wickoff ā€œMaster the Marketsā€, in the book he says that the bearish candle is a strong market.

When in a strong market ( many buyers, high price level) new sellers appear, then the supply increases, but the price does not increase so much. Then the candle remains bullish, but becomes narrower spride and the volume decreases.
I understand that.

Just had a very quick E/U short scalp, 17 pips. Took it fast due to buying off todayā€™s low. See the entry? That was too easy.

Granted, Iā€™m a newbie, but in watching Peteā€™s videos, I understand weakness as a high volume candle with a long wick on top. The long wick on top shows price went up during the time frame, but SM came in and sold (selling=weakness) at the higher prices. Those higher prices could not hold at close.

Obviously, strength is just the oppositeā€¦A high volume candle with a long wick at the bottom. Prices during that time frame tried to go lower, but demand (strength) bought at those prices creating the wick at closeā€¦

Like I said, Iā€™m still learning this stuff. Please correct or add to this. Thanks!

What you are saying is correct when referring to SM pre-positioning, aka Accumulation/Distribution. Selling into up moves or buying into down moves. All should remember the principle that higher prices may attract sellers and lower prices may attract buyers. We know they are there if 1. The Volume is high. 2. The close and reaction candle.

Typically after that we are looking for a test. I think Cica was referring to this saying ā€œThen the candle remains bullish, but becomes narrower spread and the volume decreases.ā€ That would be a low Volume test for buyers after weakness (No Demand). OK, I think we have it straight. :slight_smile:

Can u pls give me a link,I demo trade 4 just a month with 3,000usd & making a profit of over 12,000usd with that I thought I was there, so I jumped into live trading with 500usd and making a profit over 4,000usd suddenly I just donā€™t know how am now left with just 20usd, pls is there any link or help u can give me to bounce back with what am left with

Hi Pete, long time forum reader, first time poster. Yesterday were some great moves on EU and GU, on this trade, is your area for a stop above the pink pivot line? (candle high)? Still plays out to be about a 5:1 or 6:1 trade, which no-one would scoff at!

Hi Babyayato, after blowing up a couple of demo accounts (and then some real money) in the past, Iā€™d recommend you read/study & understand risk management & position sizing so that you donā€™t have any huge losing trades. Read this: What is Risk Management? | Risk Management | Senior Year | Undergraduate and this Why Is Proper Position Sizing Important? | Forex Blog: Pipsychology.

Welcome, Jalapenoninja. Creative name lol.

It was above the high of the weakness candle, but not too close so I can allow for a double top/fake break and not get stopped out. That is what I always prefer. Somewhere around 33 pips if I remember correctly. Thatā€™s a bit bigger than usual but I did go smaller position so I was not over risking. As far as R:R, Iā€™m not one of those people overly concerned with ā€œgood r:rā€. Thatā€™s putting a requirement on the market based on what you desire, rather than what the chart says. So my r:r varies greatly based on the setup, and risk is adjusted accordingly.

It was easy - and short.

Hi pete,

Could you please post a video on proper stopping volume, this would really help clarify things and be really helpful.

And lastly when you see weakness or strength on the higher time frames, does it have to be confirmed on the lower time frames for it to be genuine strength or weakness?

Thanks
P.s
This forum has been really helpful and has really turned my trading around, so just wanted to say thanks.

Hi Cica, Iā€™m still new to this also, but I spotted a couple of nice no demand candles to trigger your entry earlier. Not sure if theyā€™re correct but it would have worked in this case.

These two issues/questions are covered in existing posts and videos but here you are:

Stopping volume, in general, should be volume that is higher than the volume that occurred during the move, followed by a lack of further progress in price.

Yes, if you see SOS or SOW on H1 it needs to be confirmed on the M5 to be a valid setup.

Keep reading and watching. Good luck!