Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

I did not dare to enter, because at M5 there is no NS.

A trade on the Euro this afternoon, price was a bit up & down early on some news, 1hr TF for me was bearish prior, part of a long term (1-2 days) weak looking pullback. Then got a nice couple of high volume bearish signs.

In on the 5m TF on No Demand. Thoughts & comments welcome? (Ryan, I’m interested in what happens if the NDNS bar doesn’t get triggered, does a higher Vol candle next cancel it out?)

Good day Jalapeno!
I use futures data in my analysis so i’m stuck with e/u, g/u, a/u and u/j.
So we’re pretty much looking at the same thing :slight_smile:

That’s nice trade there, i’ve missed it. Although the ND you’ve marked appeared very low forcing you to place a wide stop. Myself i would go with that little pin @ 1.3800 which tested the high volume news candle (check on 1M how nice the test is) and round number.
Still i think it’s nice trade due to the high volume node of 1.3799 - 1.3789 which pushed the price lower.

jalapenoninja!
EUR vs what?

On the pin at 1.3800, I was too busy kicking myself for being long just prior to the drop before news, a good reminder to be out of the market around PMI time.

My stop was tight, just above the swing high prior to entry (1.3780 ish + spread). I’ll mark up SL, TP & entry for future trades. Have you entered any this eve Fox?

Sorry, eur/usd. (I thought it’s kind of dollar by default unless noted otherwise)

Nope, i wasn’t around at the time it happened. I tend to trade around US open nowadays.

Sorry. I see. EUR/USD

With the exception of one EURUSD entry, the only pair to be looking the goods so far is aud/jpy…

What’s everyone’s thoughts on entering a trade, either going long into resistance or selling into support? Still take the trade and move Stop to break-even aggressively, or wait for a breakout/pullback situation?

I took the second entry here but bailed almost immediately as the pullback after entry had some nice volume. I need to have a bit more faith in this VSA/NSND method.

AUDJPY 5m TF 11:36 GMT

It’s funny to think different and get to the same place.

Lol, looks almost the same as a chart we talked about last week? :slight_smile:

“I need to have a bit more faith in this VSA/NSND method.”
I’m not so sure. But was a s / r retest also.

Read:
http://forums.babypips.com/candlesticks-chart-patterns-price-action/41475-supply-demand-vsa-wyckoff-petefader-440.html

Down trend persists.
High volume formation @ 1.3794, should be nice place to re-enter short to clear stops below 1.3748.
Be careful because there was some strenght today.

hey guys im a silent reader of this thread. i know many times you have answered many question but im sorry say to i need help :frowning: can you guys define whats going on with volume ? 2/1/2012 im practicing VSA too much and i take many trade with vsa system and unfortunately i wined :smiley: but i can’t define this chart…its look like distribution phase, in down move i cant find the stooping volume. it makes me curious :frowning:

It was only a scalp, not the trade is what is important now, but also the SL. I do not use the SL. One reason for that is the theft of stop loss. Instead, “Alarm” are used. Check out the pic on the right edge. I heard for the tone, but by the time I got there, the price was again back over the arrow. If SL had been used, MS would have stole the scalp.

Hi Sakib, I think Ryan (777) answered something similar the other day, don’t get too hung up about what phase the price is in, it’s easier (and I’ve found more useful) just to look at the highest volumes, and see what the price did (or didn’t do) on those volumes.

For stopping volume, think of things in terms of a nice trending pullback, on the trending move, you’d expect to see nice volume, on the pullback, not so much interest/volume. So if you saw a trending move, and high volume on the pullback, this is a ‘stopping’ volume for the move.

The bullish candle at the bottom of yesterday’s drop-off (for me) is good enough for stopping volume. If that move was going to continue south, I’d have expected not so much interest in the bullish pullback.

I trade the NY open from 7am - 9:30am CST. I focus on EU, GU, AU, GJ, AJ, EJ, and UJ. Looking forward to further interaction!