Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

XD. That’s why I already have the spreadsheet made and saved :slight_smile: all I do is copy and paste the new data into it and bingo I have the results I need to make the trade :slight_smile: I have to delete excess data and do a lil extra work at night but it takes about 1-2 mine per pair to do both 1hr and 1m data.

Yes i see recurring statistics that produce the same general results… Hence what I was referring to as in the particular pattern I trade. The pattern I identified and seek every night has yielded the highest return with the lowest drawdown I have ever seen back and forward testing. So far the actual pattern itself has given me perfect results every time I have traded it. I have had to add a few rules that define it over time because the pattern itself has many characteristics that I have had to learn via forward testing (hence the few losing trades on occasion when trading the particular pattern I trade). But shoot, even if I do not continue to learn and define it, I am consistently getting a 60%+ winning avg and my winning trades avg more profit than my losing trades generate loss. The more often I see these stats every night (I get all kinds of ranges in the 3 eqs I look at), the more I learn about exactly what causes the market to move and which direction it will go plus which pairs to stay away from before they even move :slight_smile:

I haven’t paired it with any indicators or other technicals for that matter because i do not believe I need to. If it comes down to it in the future, maybe I will, but I hope I need not too :slight_smile: 100% original is the goal, no outside influence xD.

I haven’t really been discussing it in this great of detail with anyone and not in my journal because It doesn’t seem anyone actually cares or has in interest in how I trade or how the system works. It is very in depth and can be hard to explain even In person unfortunately. It’s simple yet very very complex and detailed. Since you have a real interest in it and if you are interested, I will gladly send you the two spreadsheets for your own personal review when I get home tomorrow. If you are able to contribute in any way, your contributions will be noted and greatly accepted!

Hy Pete!
In the 37th video (#4539) cannot activate the “Subtitles” (lettering?) function. Can you help?

Yeah I agree. If you’ve reached a point in your trading strategy that you’re comfortable with, by all means keep the status quo. Especially with that % lol. I had great month of Feb, more like 6 weeks into mid-March. But the drawdown, which is inevitable, alerted me that I can tweak my strategy a little more. And here I am.
Yes, I’d like to take a look at the spreadsheets. Reason being that if you’re able to accurately predict the directionality of the market with these calculations, than I can see if my predictions align. If not, I will of course continue to amend my approach. I analyze VOL and candlesticks similar to those in this thread, which isn’t something you do. That’s honestly why I’m interested, to look at your results through the eyes of a VSA trader. See if I notice any patterns, and I’ll be sure to post them.

Very nice. Pm me your skype if you have one, if not your email and I will gladly send you the two sheets. Would be nice to actually get a second opinion for a change.

Not exactly sure on AU. Bulls pushed price up towards Weekly High only for a Fake Breakout on high VOL, with a continuation of falling prices after. That being said, the highest VOL of the week was bullish. The follow-thru wasn’t tremendous which leaves me wondering if we’ll try to test higher prices for the bears tomorrow. On the fence with this one.

Technically AU is still long for the day, so far so good. I didn’t long AU, but I expected price to long from open, which is all that matters to me. AU was second on my list to AJ, but nothing really is moving (yet) today. Which is fine for me, I didn’t really like that patterns I got tonight. I am getting pretty good at determining what most of them mean but, I’m really only interested in the ones that move a lot with little drawdown. I’m about to send you the sheets by the way.

Yeah I trade patterns of my own and haven’t gotten triggered in any yet either. I’m going to head to campus tomorrow to print out the spreadsheets and tomorrow evening I’ll check them out.
You mentioned AJ, that pair can get pretty volatile. Do you take into account the ATR of the pairs you trade? Something like the GA can be much more explosive than NU for example.

xD, from open I was wrong on all 4 pairs by around 5 pips or less. I didn’t really like the data too much so I guess I can’t complain. Tonight I have some really interesting data. I shorted EU and EJ. anyhow, i wouldn’t necessarily print the sheets, just review them on excel. The minute sheet has like 1450 rows… thats a lot of paper lol. the hour sheet only has about 30 rows. Good looks earlier on the AU short. Anyhow I am off to sleep. Catcha tomorrow.

Shorts might be over for euro. Ultra high volume below 1.3700

the funny red and green dots, is it an indicator? name? how does it work
thx

Not an indicator per se. Just circles to indicate to me where we’ve seen weakness/strength. I prefer to have them at points where VOL was relatively high during that day, or caused a large move in the markets.
It’s an easy way for me to see the underlying forces in the market vs. just a trendline or MA.

Hi Leg0nd !
Which method you use for examining the data? I’m trying with Behavior-Based Controll. A good description in the book M. Mataric: The Robotics Primer. (With the exception of perception and movement, of course).
Sisa

[QUOTE=“cica;619172”]Hi Leg0nd ! Which method you use for examining the data? I’m trying with Behavior-Based Controll. A good description in the book M. Mataric: The Robotics Primer. (With the exception of perception and movement, of course). Sisa[/QUOTE]

Sounds nice. Check out my page 14 in my trade journal “Leg0nd’s System 13 Trade Journal.” It explains exactly what I do. I match patterns to daily movement and drawdown, memorize these patterns (mainly only try to trade one pattern)… And look for them in the pairs I analyze each night. I don’t use any fancy formula’s to analyze the patterns, I don’t believe they will produce my desired accuracy. Good luck to ya

U/J getting ready to go lower? Think we need to clear 102.218 first.

Edit: Follow up. There was no shakeout yesterday. Instead today we see a test of this week’s high volume node and a short opportunity on UJ.

I’m here looking at EU. Not many opportunities for stopping VOL after a down move, just a week of rallying. I’m guessing a No Supply and Confirmation on the 1 HR could have gotten someone in. I will be sure to test the 1HR with that formula to see if it’s as lucrative as it is on the 5 Min.

Stopping Volume on the 1hr is not a requirement when getting in to a healthy trend. By healthy I mean no major profit taking shown. Smaller TFs can setup with SOS at tech levels with NS, push though etc.

One thing I don’t do is chase ND/NS late in a swing, on any TF.

sorry, what does mean
SOS
ND
NS

Sign Of Strength.
No Demand.
No Supply.

OK. Push Thru, sure thing.
Would you say Friday was SOW on the EU? Price failed at Thursday’s high, and the highest VOL on Friday produced buying but failed to make a new high as well.

EDIT: Thursday highest VOL of day also produced a bearish reaction. Would this be signs of early distribution?

I haven’t look at the charts since Thursday and I wont until Monday but from what you’ve described, it sounds correct.
There are a lot of long positions to close. I would look for further signs of weakness early next week to confirm before shorting.(assuming there is proper weakness as you described.)

Keep in mind that Fridays tend to attract more profit taking. More reason to see some more confirmation of weakness on Monday.