Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Hey Guys,

I personally am bullish on the EU. Smart money has been accumulating since last Tuesday. The first markup occurred on Thursday, and then Friday they were reaccumulating. Smart money does not get in for a small gain like the one we saw on Thursday. Combine that with the fact that the markup contained sustained buying and then Friday had even more buying, and I’ll be stalking a long entry this week.

Hope this makes sense; please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

Ryan

Hello guys,

I’m new to this thread and interest to learn the method, as a newbie where should I start to understand the method from basic? I have read a couple pages in the beginning of this thread and seems kinda lost when I found “ND” or sometimes “NS”, I don’t even know what that is :p. So any suggestions? Thank you.

[QUOTE=“roberthadiputra;629217”]Hello guys, I’m new to this thread and interest to learn the method, as a newbie where should I start to understand the method from basic? I have read a couple pages in the beginning of this thread and seems kinda lost when I found “ND” or sometimes “NS”, I don’t even know what that is :p. So any suggestions? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

SM: smart money

AR: automatic rally

NS: no supply

ND: no demand

To understand this thread stop reading it and go to Petefader YouTube channel. There you will find in detail everything you need to know to understand the thread. Learning this method is like learning to speak other language; so be patient with yourself if you don’t get everything at once. I am watching the videos since October and every time i watch them, I find a new detail. I try to see one per day. You need commitment. Hope this help.

Mario

Hello Mario,

Thanks for the quick answer and the tip, I have checked Pete’s youtube channel and started it with The Truth Behind The Price Movement series. Well a lot of that I didn’t understand here and there, but I’ll try to see them again like you suggested, hope I’ll understand a thing or maybe some on my second run.

Once again thanks for the help.

Robert.

There is an earlier thread of Pete:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/21453-1-500-pips-per-month-method-vsa-sr-fibb-etc.html

The basis:

http://www.hankpruden.com/MTWyckoffSchematics.pdf

Big thanks for the sources cica, it really does help.

Curiosity
I built an Excel table that allows you to calculate the amount of the main currency gathered in the hands of traders (SM) in a given time period.
Currency: NZD/USD
I signaled to the beginning:05.13. 2014 23:00
1: buying climax (The curfew = 1,630.71 NZD unit)
13: The accumulation begins again.

The source of the idea, he Pete:
“Green marked areas are big money buying last week. We have not seen them sell off yet…no high volume selling (red areas).
So, they are still holding longs. The only reason I see it turning down, would be to gather up more longs before another move up.
Rather than get long here, I would like to see a dip…or what some may call a shakeout. Basically a high volume drop that pins on the bottom.
If it just continues up, with no pullback, I would have to take a breakout trade to get in, and I hate breakouts. Technically, VSA speaking I should be long from closer to the bottom pins area, but I closed a EU long on friday.
1.3732, top blue line, is last weeks high and I dont want to buy against that either…if anything a sell of there on a retrace, if volume agrees.”

[QUOTE=“PipDaddy777;629178”]Hey Guys, I personally am bullish on the EU. Smart money has been accumulating since last Tuesday. The first markup occurred on Thursday, and then Friday they were reaccumulating. Smart money does not get in for a small gain like the one we saw on Thursday. Combine that with the fact that the markup contained sustained buying and then Friday had even more buying, and I’ll be stalking a long entry this week. Hope this makes sense; please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions. Ryan[/QUOTE]

I agree. Today activity confirm it.

Look how tricky !
You might think that down-move comes after the upthrust. And not because the fund is nearly empty.
“A” Candle uploaded the Cashier.
“B” Doji vacated the Cashier.
“C” Candle uploaded again.
At close of the Upthrust fund only half of the gold of the “C”.candle

Hey SG,

I was in the black and took off part of the position at that point as waiting makes me nervous - a bad habit I’m still working on :slight_smile:

It also looks like something I may hang onto for a little while if/when it does finally start marking up, and I only do longer term stuff with small sizes.

So, I’m still in it, long, with a small position and am hoping this thing takes off soon!

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Sica,

Good to see you posting again! Can you please tell us more about your spreadsheet? Where you got or how you made it, how it works, what is tells you etc? Looks very interesting. Also, is it similar to the Cluster Delta indie that tells you how much buying vs selling in a bar i.e. upticks versus down ticks?

Thanks Much!

Ryan

I’m waiting for a fake breakout on the AUD/JPY at 94.222. If you label that area it is previous resistance gone support.
The activity on the current bar is pretty high. Just food for thought.

• Romancandles

Yea! Sica, tell us more about how to read the sheet.

JP2012–So your saying to look at the higher time frames also, not just the lower time frames to get a better picture of how it is doing or how to interrupt it. Dah! I should have thought on that one a little more!

Hey Roman,

I agree with your volume analysis and hope that we do see some stopping volume. That will be key. As you’ve probably noticed we’ve seen buying into these down moves but non of them has stopped price yet. Price just keeps drifting lower and lower. I’m dealing with the same thing with the N/U trade that I’m still in. There has been PLENTY of buying but price is still drifting a bit lower, now making me a bit nervous.

Let’s see what the next 24 hours brings. SM, get your butts to work and push this thing up!! :slight_smile:

Ryan

Here is the spreadsheet description as pdf file
Excel.pdf (50.3 KB)

[QUOTE=“Pingback;629449”]JP2012–So your saying to look at the higher time frames also, not just the lower time frames to get a better picture of how it is doing or how to interrupt it. Dah! I should have thought on that one a little more![/QUOTE]

Yes. Use the higher time frames (W, D, 4hr) to check for support, resistance, fib retracement areas and trend lines. 1 hr is the time frame we use to identify the phase (accumulation, distribution, mark up, mark down, ranging). The 5min TF we use it to fine tune the entries. Looking back to the chart we were talking about those green bars with the wicks on top are sellers. As Ryan pointed out, SM is accumulating but they are finding resistance (sellers) at this level, around 1.3723 on the 1 hr TF. For me this is an automatic rally level. I am waiting for a push through resistance entry or a shake out.

Everything is at Pete YouTube channel. The difficult part for me is to put all concept to work together.

a noob q :
how do SM all work together?

• we view charts looking for SM volume and actions. so as SM is dozens of brokers, hedge funds etc, how do we view them as one entity?
    if sm manipulates market price action how do all the sm work together?

am i missing something?

They don’t conspire at the start of the day, but they do act similarly and understand/know how to work a market, so there is often a consensus among them.