Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

I find the currencies challenging in this thin, highly government influenced market. Personally i tend to look more into stocks and indexes as they are less vulnerable nowadays and provide more work for a trader.

Scalping the 5 min was making me 2-6%/day for months. Then I had another kid switched to hourly charts and have progressively lost all those gains over the past few months.

Hi Ryan. Is Friday and I was stalking the long entry too.

I was tempted to go long on Tuesday but I wanted to see climatic volume. I wanted to see more activity than Thursday markup so I did not go long.

I was thinking SM money would like to start the mark up today.

1. Stopping volume on the 5M TF.
  2. Support line hold on middle volume. I though this was the begging of the take off so I set the AR line.
  3. After waiting the price to retrace to the AR I was waiting for a NO SUPPLY candle and confirmed a couple of candle after.
    BUT a few candle latter there was a weakness signal in relative high volume so there still supply braking the mark up. I draw a rectangle there and when I reviewed the initial down move there are down candle with long wick at the bottom but the price was able to make new lows so there are sellers presents.

So making a summary of this strange accumulation, I am waiting for a selling climax and extreme high volume on the 1 HR TF to stop this now evident down trend.

What do you think?

Mario

im new to petes method but finally getting it.

heres my trade last night

1. viewed D1,H1 for phase.
  2. moved to M5 to look for status & pos entry.
  3. saw weakness on the mark down and again vol at the 2nd thrust down.
  4. marked the auto rally
  5. noticed a range (accumulation)
  6. noticed sell candle wicks near bottom and 3 attempts at breaking the top of the range
  7. placed a buy stop just above the top of the range
    8 placed the target just above the 50 retrace
    9.trade taken and moved up 5 pips.
  8. moved the SL to 3 below BE
  9. went to bed

woke up to a 7 pip gain. ā€œwhoppieā€ only 7 pips. but im happy the model worked for me- or more i could see the mechanics of the trade.
any tips to how i could have done it better appreciated.

i think looking at the EU daily theres a dbl top with stopping volume, and no chance of stopping the down trend until the 3482 support as the strong 3683 sup has been broken.
the h1 shows re distribution as the pin are on the top?
M5 shows stopping vol at 17:25 and it looks like stop hunting on the last couple of candles for the week.

either way we will see big moves on monday above 3640 or below 3615
my pick is sub 3600 on monday

any critiquing is good -

quite round here lately? maybe due to the quite trading daysā€¦

anyhoo. i just saw a good doco on global/communism/war/profiteering (SM?)
maybe of interest to someā€¦

The Shock Doctrine 2009 - YouTube

Hi VSA folks (& Pete),

Something I edited & worked on yesterday, a NSND volume indicator to compliment the Alert & History Indi.

Red for (potential) No Demand, Green for (potential) No Supply, Yellow if you get a doji (potential) NDNS, grey if the volume is useless* :slight_smile:

*Useless unless itā€™s stopping volume of course!

Cheers,

Andrew

NSND Volume.zip (19 KB)

doesnā€™t NS or ND need a confirming candle after it?

Will edit my post, it flags ā€œPotentialā€ NDNS prices :slight_smile: You still need to be on the ball with VSA & trending moves etcā€¦

Looking bullish on the gu possibly.

Iā€™m already in but as it gets later I will look to close it if it doesnā€™t move. During this period Iā€™m not looking to leave risk on during off hours.

Banked G/U long from yesterday. 130 pips this week including an aud/cad long Tuesday. Not a pair i usually trade but found the high prob setup while giving a lesson on trading higher TFs. :slight_smile: Have a good weekend.

looks like another strong bullish response on the g/u

hello , all vsa trader. i am new in this thread. i am very much exited to learn vsa trading. can anyone help me, how can i start to learn vsa system at this moment. i am trading Forex for 2 years. please help me to learning vsa.

thanks to share me the you tube link for me , societygang . if any things more please help. thanks again .

When youā€™re done with the videosā€¦you can enjoy reading another thread:

1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc.

Itā€™s great!

Here comes the summer timeā€¦ where thereā€™s almost no or very little setupsā€¦

Im seeing a short on the g/u, but who knows

Lol, I am an optimist. There have been some very slow summers but the last two were surprisingly good for me. You can adapt with smaller targets and range trades etc. Thereā€™s always a way to pull something out. :slight_smile: