Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

very good frequency line, you learned that from Petefader?

Cheers letterB, I learned everything I know from Pete Faders via his videos and Master The Markets (condensed version for lazy people which I found online), the videos are really amazing, especially the one he posted over Christmas titled Temporary. I watched that a good 15 times and still do from time to time.

Yes I use Pivot: Add Indicator / Support Resistance / PIVOT

thanks jagged lines, can you post a link to videos please?

EY Long, this setup is too good to miss. Anyone else, I got in quite late.

The temporary video is no longer available. but the others are here:

I dont like the set upā€¦ I canā€™t see a wide spread high volume, climactic down bar on the one hour chartā€¦ I wonā€™t do a counter-trend trade based on two 5 minutes candles, plus itā€™s friday.

Good luck though :slight_smile:

Hey Piptaah, the trade wasnā€™t taken based on just the 5 minute Stopping Volume. The 1hr has a clear reverse upthrust (Pin Bar) with highest volume of the day after a big down move, so a retracement is extremely likely, that was one huge reason for taking this trade. You are right to play it safe though, especially since its Friday.

Enjoy your weekend

EY Long Result: Not bad overall but I handled my exits badly and could have stayed in to my original 61.8 target that I marked out and it just got hit. I had to end though as its getting late.

Yeah thatā€™s the reason I didnā€™t take it, being friday makes me stay away from charts unless I see something really clear. Itā€™s been a weird week for me :slight_smile: If that last down bar would had a little more volume Iā€™d have probably jumped in.

Anyway, it seems you managed to take some profits, so Iā€™m happy for you. Drinks are on you :smiley:

Have a good weekend and see you next week for more and better.

Oh, and this is already my third post (even though Iā€™ve been following Pete since 2013), and I havent thanked Pete yet!

[U]Thanks[/U] Pete for sharing. Life changing stuff :slight_smile:

Long GOLD, stopping volume on 1hr. On 5mins we see AR/Low Vol Test and now a push through.

Stopped out Result: -49 pips

Weakness came in, in the form of a long wick pin and was a good clue for an exit.

IMO, the first half of the month was great, but man, I canā€™t see anything clear since the 16th lol. Maybe just one or two fib retracements but thats it.

Is it just me or market is weird these days? Not that we should have a setup everydayā€¦ Iā€™m just saying, anyone else ā€œfeelsā€ the markets is being weird?

Itā€™s no surprise since CHF-gate that things would be a bit abnormal. Are you already forgetting about that? You have to be realistic on your expectations based on the environment. Brokers going out of biz, people losing accounts, SM rethinking the plan, adjustingā€¦and so on. I lowered my risk after the event but kicked it up again today as things are coming back to normal. Took 3 winning scalps today. G/U short before news (news through off the setup after that) and 2 E/J shorts.

Yeah youā€™re right. Thatā€™s what I think itā€™s being the key these days.

I took a long on GU after seeing that double buttom on high volume on the 5 min chart. Closed 2/3 of it seeing how the volume is acting on this level where price fall the 22nd. Entry is on the last candle on the right, with medium volume.

I hope my thinking is ok and Iā€™m not confusing things here :slight_smile: Let me know if so.

Not the usual setups but some clear direction being chosen during ACCUMULATION on certain pairs so I took the trade into the opposite direction of STOPPING VOLUME. I scalped and scaled instead of my usual simpler 1 entry 2/3 exits. I started the day with a loss on GOLD, second day misreading GOLD!!! SO it took a while to get back what I lost and then add some.

Hi Peteā€¦ Is it reasonable to expect to double my account size in a year if i use a 1-2% risk per trade, with this methodology?

Iā€™m not Pete, but I can tell you on Forex nothing can be taken for granteed. Itā€™s impossible to predict how much your account will grow (or if it will at all) and how quickly.

Just stick to the method. If youā€™re in a hurry to make money, this is not your business :wink:

Shorts building upā€¦on E/U G/U and E/J in particular. Look out for FOMC later. :wink:

I would start with a goal of being consistently profitable. If you can do that youā€™ll be in the 10%ers club and from there you can determine what is realistic per year.

Iā€™ll also teach you the secret handshake.