Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to Petefader and all. And many thanks for sharing

Hello friends,

Wish you all a very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2012!!

http://i39.tinypic.c0m/357rceu.png

#1) Bottom reversal, vol higher than last 2 months. Sign of Strength.

#2) Kansas City Shuffle. Hit the brakes, reversed.

#3) High vol Up bar. Next bar is down. More selling. Sign of weakness. 2 bars ago, there was Up bar, small spread with low volume - No Demand??

#4) Higher vol in last 5 days. Brakes are hit again?? Close of next couple of days are clustering within the range of this bar although vol has not dried up completely. Whats going on?

#5) Clustering of close within thin price range, vol gradually reducing. Whats going on? Is this accumulation?

#6) Notice the divergence of price low and RSI low.

How correct am I with my dissection? Am I missing something? Is a long trade setting up as we saw at #5??

Accompanied by the analysis above and info given below, what can be deduced?

Hello guys, Hello Petefader :slight_smile: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope that it will be a good one for you all and a turning one for me :smiley:

No more selling for me :slight_smile: I see a huge surge of buying activities yesterday :wink:

Hello desifxtrader,

Nice analysis but I would suggest you not to look at volume on daily TF from that chart, you could see the obvious inaccuracies there. 1H TF is good though, zoom in to maximum on 1H, you could compare a lot of volumes from different months.

I would suggest not to look at RSI either, divergence could run forever. Itā€™s easy on the hindsight though.

Argghhhhh, RSI - wash your mouth out with soap and water, LOL!

Are you sure? Is it not a push and test weā€™re seeing to go short again?

Iā€™m not sure PPF, Iā€™ve been saying short, but just no more short for me. My gut is telling me so :smiley: Iā€™ll watch more PA but definitely no more short for now.

Yes, and it still holiday, cautious very cautious at best I think.

Hi, everyone.

I want to congrats PeteFader for the great work putting this all together for us. I find this thread interesting, although itā€™s not my prefered style for trading (I trade the daily and weekly charts). Anyways, I like the logic of this method and Iā€™m going to give it a try.

I have some questions, btw.

1.- Is there an VSA for the FXCM platform? I hate MT4 :27:.
2.- Can anyone trading this method show some results?

Thanks in advance. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Heyā€¦ I always wondered why people never share their trading succeses or failures. I guess there is a risk of someone robbing a forex millionare via IP address I guess? Anyways, this is a graph of my account balance since I went live. The numbers on the left represent the balance in dollars. The overall gain is very little I know, but thatā€™s caused by me being very careful and risking only 0.5-1% on each trade and also that this is a micro account or whateverā€¦
I think you can see that this thread can be very useful if you care to learn and if you follow the advice given. My win ratio increased, my gain also and I was able to get back what I have lost. I call this a succes :slight_smile:

SagiCZ, that is a great posting, it does what it says on the tin, what a great answer!

Hereā€™s the Latest NDNSHistory indicator, the last deleted some arrows when following candles cancelled out the setup, like when you have an ND and a close below, then when there was a close up it would cancel it, also pins that are bigger on the top for ND are lighter coloured, VV for NS.

NSNDHistory.mq4.zip (1.62 KB)

Nice Posting SagCZ,
have a ques,

what software did u use to get your account stats??

thnks

Oanda Java Platform -> Full transaction history -> export to CSV -> Excel did the restā€¦

I even wrote a little scripct in ANSI C to make things easier, but thatā€™s just because Iā€™m learning how to code :).

BTW the data is for 6 months period, my winning rate is around 84%ā€¦ not sure.

Thatā€™s really good! Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response. I think 20% in 6 months by only risking 0.5-1% is pretty darn good. Keep up the good work.

Does anyone know how can I measure volume/tick activity on the FXCM Trade Station?

Thanks

Ask them?

Amazing!

I wish I could have such consistent growth in balance :smiley:

Keep it up! You can just be as good as your yesterday. Donā€™t let greedy has any part of it :slight_smile:

I have to disagree with you luiz. I donā€™t see enough buying to get me thinking about a reversal. Especially with that low volume on the bottom! :slight_smile: