Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Looks like it is working well for you PPF :slight_smile:

Keep up your great work :slight_smile:

Yes, well itā€™s just following the instructions in ā€˜Trading in the Shadowā€™, I guess itā€™s what tradgeguider is based on, needs another week of running, just to iron some more stuff out.

If Iā€™d have known it was so effective I would have bough tradeguider, but it seems I donā€™t need to now, besides, when you can do your own programming, itā€™s always great to have your own version to tinker with.

Then again, you never know, give it another couple of weeks and it will all fall apart, I donā€™t think so though, it looks a very robust plan.

[QUOTE=purplepatchforex;318431]Yes, well itā€™s just following the instructions in ā€˜Trading in the Shadowā€™, I guess itā€™s what tradgeguider is based on, needs another week of running, just to iron some more stuff out.

If Iā€™d have known it was so effective I would have bough tradeguider, but it seems I donā€™t need to now, besides, when you can do your own programming, itā€™s always great to have your own version to tinker with.

I have Trade Guider ( decent program ). I am very interested to see how your program turns out. Trade Guider works on Forex, but I think itā€™s better suited for stocks and futures. Seeing as you are trading Forex only, yourā€™s could end up being a lot better. Good luck with it.

Mike

Is it not a third test of the resistence what we have seen today on 1H e/u? I think we can expect a dropā€¦What u guys think?

Drop is likely but might be shortlived. Iā€™m still waiting for a climax up on very high 1h volume to start looking for comfortable shorts.

Anyone catch the ND on 5 min with weakness in the background at 7:55 gmt, eu? nice, nice.

Do you mean this one, Pete?

No, I didnā€™t, I wasnā€™t on just then, and I donā€™t think I would have got it, I always find it tricky when going into the sessions, you got volume increases due to going into the session, I havenā€™t quite got the hang of easily spotting the difference between session volume increasing and a relatively high volume.

What are your targets and exits for this one?

Hi PP,

My trade guider software didnā€™t pick up the bar you called no demand because it showed as average volume. The volume was lower then the previous bar as you mentioned, do you think the difference was enough to call it a no demand bar. In addition, the bar following your no demand bar ( directly to the right of it ) was called a supply coming in from the trade guider program. Look forward to your opinion. Thanks,

Mike

Yeah Mikeā€¦ thatā€™s why we donā€™t use TG, because itā€™s overpriced (!!) piece of sh*t. :30:

On the more serious note, you should realize that our definitons of ND and NS slightly differ from the definition of TG. All we need is volume lower then previous two bars. (Besides other conditions described in the beginning of this thread).
This definition works, and is IMO far better than ā€œsignificantly lower volumeā€, because it takes out any doubt. You can measure EXACTLY whether the volume was lower than previous two bars.

However, ND should close off highs which it did on MY chart. I guess purple uses different feed.

Yes ppfx that was it. Traderjoo, Iā€™m already out at 1hr 50 fibā€¦5 min showed some demand coming in pretty early so I put a tight trail. Mikeytrader, by most peoples definition, ND/NS has volume lower than the previous two. It was very clear on IBFX, no indicators needed. BTW, I donā€™t think tradeguider catches all the ND/NSā€¦personally hate that software for making the simple confusing, and missing the obvious.

To put it another way, yeah lol.

Pete, would you look for longs, now when the 50 fib showed this strong supply? Do you ā€œlikeā€ this quick rejection or is diving deeper in the zone with high volume better?

After that wide spread down on 1hr I want to wait for the next one to close at leastā€¦but yeah you cant deny the strength (i think u meant demand) coming in at fib. Itā€™s counter background to go longā€¦so that adds risk.

Thanks, yes I meant demand and yes and thanks. :slight_smile:

No, the ND didnā€™t close off highs on my MT, actually Close=High, but this is the point I think, software is software you canā€™t do intelligence with it, itā€™s like the indi Iā€™ve written, I find it very very useful, and also it is a good learning tool, and it will pick out some great trades as well as totally rubbish ones, now the human trader which has honed his skills will avoid the rubbish the software turns up as well as pick up good trades that the software wonā€™t.

With regards to definitions, again the definitions you just canā€™t take as gospel, if you say the ND/NS must have pins and itā€™s an absolute, then you would have never gone off the chart I use, there are slight variations from broker to broker, so what might be a small spread down candle on one may well be a small up candle on another, itā€™s reading the whole story thatā€™s important, and confluence with Fibs, and this morning spotting the mushroom.

Thanks for your answer, I apreciate it. I have added an upthrust / reverse upthrust indicator to the TG program that helps greatly. I missed a nice one on the gbp/usd while typing the last one, oh well. The feed that we receive has been of concern to me. I currently use Go Markets and it is similar to PP volume, although not the same from what I could see from the picture ( not completely sure ). I have put up the volume from realtime which I am cancelling as I do not like it and it is very different, and I I tried a Fin FX demo and itā€™s volume/ candles were also different. I am going to try E signal as they claim to merge over 200 bank feeds into one signal to make it accurate. Do you have any other insights on this. Cheers,

Mike

I know it not according to the thread philosophy, but to reduce candle noise in spotting a good ND/NS for E/U, I sometimes confirm the opposing signal in USD/CHF, which happens often. Although with care, considering the SNPā€™s impending moveā€¦

heh, I caught that long off fibā€¦thanks forex gods. :slight_smile:

And why did you enter?