Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

sorry we dnt trade doji in vsa…look at d ND den wait for comfirmation.

I had my doubts to trade today, so I stay out. I’ve seen the long opportunity as well, but … imo it’s more selling than buying now in a ranging background and it could drop til 130ish, but we are already close to the daily atr. Plus then tomorrow is nfp. At least, look at the long spikes with the hourly candles. Looks like a little weakness? :wink:

edit: Oh I see, we have a 50 fibb bounce …

Yep, stopping volume at fib confirmed with bullish close and off it goes. The market is dizzy right now, but the scalps were there today.

ok. any “good news” that triggered demand? hate trading when news come…

If it wasnt so late I’d be shorting right now, anyway…

[I]Webinar tomorrow!![/I] Around NY open. The main idea is to answer your questions, so have them ready!
I will post the webinar details in here…and this time there will be enough room for everyone. :slight_smile:

I shorted off that top ND after the rejection. Just got out.

There’s aggressive and there is plain wrong, and if you look to the left you will see S.O.W.'s high volume down bars, don’t worry, you’ll learn by mistakes, this is how I’m able to comment for you on this, keep it up, got the right idea though, Oh and we tend not to sell into the 61+ Fib area.

yup! didn’t notice the left bars… SM was buying supporting the price. but i think from the pattern by wyckoff it’s distribution time now (especially in 1H TF). wrong entry, indeed. thanks for the comment!

I used to try and make too much out of Acc/Dist, I think the trick is, and this is what I gather from petefader, you just look at the most recent high volume widespread bars and define if it’s Acc/Dist, it’s not worth reading further back to try and find a channel that is clearly Acc/Dist, Ok, when you do you get some great trades, but it’s not that often the market reads that easy, you just look at the most recent 1 or 2 maybe 3 High Vol wide spread and then take it as Acc/Dist.

Hey guys!

I was looking on different pairs and stumbled upon e-mini S&P500 future, i saw just to show that even in the futures this method has valid setups, since I’m fresh to VSA i thought about sharing this just to make this note.
This method is awesome hahahha.

Crappy image -.-
This is the 61.8% fib push through entry.

Cya guys, nice talking on the chat!!

It’s true that I would take a most recent high volume event as the overwhelming signal of strength or weakness, but still…what goes on before it is important. There is always a story line to follow…context. When it’s clearly accum or dist, then great. When its mixed, like lately, expect to trade either direction at the whim of the 1hr…upthrust/spring/stopping vol/buy climax at the tops and bottoms and fib zone basically. I’m sure you know this, just saying for the record.

Yes, but the thing is, knowing, remembering and remembering what you know and putting it all into practice, needs practicing and remembering all at the same time, and me being me and forex being forex the more reminding of what one knows is great!

now i wait for my ND after seeing dat volume…geting ready to eat a very good food…lol…all roads leeds dwn for now.

i still see more weakness. wiatin for a good sell.

Still waiting for the news, might be a final push up to clear demand, but in general yes, expecting low…

That 2nd shakeout hit my BE… darn them.

Fab, there’s a lot more demand showing up in those downbars than anything. The “upthrustish” bar was in reaction to a 61.8 fib, kinda expected but not really ULTRA high volume.

Since I’m out of my long at this point gonna wait for a good short entry to appear later in the day.

WEBINAR TODAY at New York open. I will post the info so all can attend.

Webinar | GoToWebinar Click “Join a meeting” then enter ID 853-378-970

We’ll get started in about 30 mins.

Hi,

I have been a lurker of this thread for some time, thanks to Pete to educate us about VSA.

Although I am more of a PA, S/D trader… I like to learn anything that can give me an edge in this market

I know that my question is not about the strategy you follow here, but since you guys are the experts in Volume, I guess this is the best place to ask.

The next image is E/U 1H chart, I have noticed that every swing low has had high volume, the last few day we have been in some kind of a range.

According to the image, is the smart money buying every pull back of the price in anticipation to a move higher??? or that the lack of interest on top of the range means the short term Uptrend is near its end???

Thank you.

Most of those tops have decent volume increases as well, that really low one is during Aisa, when it’s always low. Still, higher volume at the bottom does suggest a move up out of the range is more probable, but they could dump their longs on an ultra high climax and all that means nothing. It’s still a day to day situation that you can trade in both directions off fresh signals in the right places imo.

Just flipping around old posts…this is also a ranging situation. HR4’s point about time is valid…I’ll take a look with a market profile later.

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/21453-1-500-pips-per-month-method-vsa-sr-fibb-etc-51.html#post278894

Still, it’s a day to day situation for signals, but I find this stuff interesting.